Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Frank Mir on F/N last night-

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,296-1,214
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

I love listening to Bas and Kenny Rice when they're together.

Kenny Rice grew on me. I used to not like him at all.

His voice is a little scratchy and annoying at first, be I think he and Bas play well off of one another.

Agreed. And he's not any cheesier than Mike Goldberg.

Last edited 9/16/10 3:58PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #16   9/16/10 3:58:18PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Not at all, he seems to know his stuff a little more. Don't hear any leg kick call outs when it's to the midsection... But I think him and Rogan both do it, it annoys the crap out of me.

Post #17   9/16/10 4:01:42PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
i enjoyed mayhem and the voice commenting on dream or whatever it was they did together. they both came up with some funny stuff. bas and don frye would have to be my top 2 picks. i like joe rogan but goldbergs a tard. kenny rice and bas are very good as well. mir is boring cause he has no sense of humor. couture is probably my #3. dont care for florian. kinda wish Forrest would do some commentating for some comic relief.

Post #18   9/16/10 7:48:33PM   

Lil-J

Learning to Sprawl

Lil-J Avatar

Career:2,069-1,159
Camp: Spartak MMA
Chips:
Mir isn't to bad, but maybe im biased in but In my opinion Jens Pulver was the best fighter turned commentator that ive heard recently. I thought he did very well for the few WEC events he was asked to do.

Post #19   9/17/10 12:52:17AM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

Posted by emfleek

Posted by gartface

I love listening to Bas and Kenny Rice when they're together.

Kenny Rice grew on me. I used to not like him at all.

His voice is a little scratchy and annoying at first, be I think he and Bas play well off of one another.

Agreed. And he's not any cheesier than Mike Goldberg.

You think Goldberg is worse than Kenny and Bas? I find myself cringing every time I watch Inside MMA. It's like a bad car accident. You can't help but watch but it sure is ugly.

Post #20   9/19/10 6:40:44PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kaduey

You think Goldberg is worse than Kenny and Bas? I find myself cringing every time I watch Inside MMA. It's like a bad car accident. You can't help but watch but it sure is ugly.

I'd say it's a push in regards to Goldberg and Kenny. One is just as bad as the other and I don't mind either one. I think I like how Kenny plays off of Bas (and vice versa) more so than how Goldberg gets a lot of things wrong and has to have Rogan correct him, which is funny.

There's no question that he's worse than Bas. Bas knows what he's talking about.

I enjoy all of them personally. Ideally, I'd like to see Bas and Rogan together but we all know that will never happen.

Post #21   9/20/10 9:00:00AM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kaduey

I'd say it's a push in regards to Goldberg and Kenny. One is just as bad as the other and I don't mind either one. I think I like how Kenny plays off of Bas (and vice versa) more so than how Goldberg gets a lot of things wrong and has to have Rogan correct him, which is funny.

There's no question that he's worse than Bas. Bas knows what he's talking about.

I enjoy all of them personally. Ideally, I'd like to see Bas and Rogan together but we all know that will never happen.

I think Bas a pretty bad fit for UFC. He does know what he's talking about but he's definitely lost in translation. And sometimes he gets pretty intense asnd goes off in all sorts of direction. I'm pretty sure he has adult ADD.

Post #22   9/20/10 10:44:53AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kaduey

And sometimes he gets pretty intense asnd goes off in all sorts of direction. I'm pretty sure he has adult ADD.

But I *get* that. I understand that most others/casuals don't. It would only be a personal preference. I know it would never happen.

Post #23   9/20/10 10:47:04AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2