Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jim Miller Would Fight Teammate Frankie Edgar

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The subject of teammate vs. teammate, or training partners fighting in MMA has become one of the hottest topics of the day. With more and more fighters flocking to major camps all over the world, there are bound to be numerous situations where friends and teammates are forced to answer the question if they would fight each other.

The battle lines have been drawn with several fighters stating they would never, ever fight a teammate, while others have put it off until they are forced to answer the question when a fight is offered.

One person who has an interesting perspective on the subject is UFC lightweight Jim Miller, who fights Gleison Tibau at UFC Fight Night 22 on Sept. 15, and could be drawing closer and closer to a title shot with a win. Right now, if Miller were to get a title shot he would face off against friend and training partner Frankie Edgar, who currently holds the UFC lightweight title.

LINK

Post #1   9/8/10 10:18:51AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Your whole goal should be get the title in the ufc
Someone wake fitch up and tell him that!!!

Post #2   9/8/10 12:51:17PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I agree, wake up Fitch! Everyone understands why teamates don't wanna fight.

But
If you wanna be in the UFC you have to wanna be champ and fight any other fighter to do so.

Rua said he would fight Anderson, because he is a professional fighter. but Anderson says they were teamates.

Koscheck and Fitch may be the best ww's for years 2 come, and they should have to fight each other next time around (if and when they both lose to GSP again.)

if they both want a 3rd fight with GSP and are both gonna be #1 contenders forever, that fights need to happen . I would pick Kos, because he has ko power, but I see Jake "maybe" being the only ww threat out there.

Post #3   9/8/10 1:25:08PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,810-1,780
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
That's a breath of fresh air!

Post #4   9/8/10 11:03:42PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:
Why would you be open and try to make your team mates the best they could be when you might have to fight one later. Someone who knows all your secrets and strategies.

Would you help your team grow if it was a threat to your prospects?

Post #5   9/8/10 11:53:52PM