Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

TapouT, Silver Star, & Hitman Sold

Print  
Posted By Message

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,643-1,469
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Once rivals, TapouT, Silver Star Casting Co., and Hitman Fight Gear are now on the same team.

Bloomberg on Monday night reported that the three key mixed martial arts clothing brands have been purchased by business man Jamie Salter, who is also known for having snapped up such name brands as Linens ’n Things Inc., Polaroid Corp., and others.

Salter is reportedly putting the three brands together under his Toronto-based company Authentic Brands Group LLC.

“These are some of the most exciting brands I’ve seen in years,” Salter told Bloomberg. “The popularity of mixed martial arts and the UFC is soaring around the world. The last time I saw a sport with this much potential was 20 years ago with snowboarding.”

TapouT has the furthest reach into the mainstream of the three companies purchased, accounting for sales of more than $200 million dollars last year.

TapouT president Dan “Punkass” Caldwell told Bloomberg that there had been no shortage of buyers, but went with Salter because he welcomes the continued involvement of Caldwell and his partner, Tim "SkySkrape" Katz.

Link

Post #1   9/7/10 3:20:18AM   

ianinspain

MMA Regular

ianinspain Avatar

Career:754-517
Chips:
Wow I am suprised that Tapout sold, but hey if it raises the profile of the sport via increased promotion then all good.

Post #2   9/7/10 6:48:02AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,471-1,565
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The two of them could possibly retire from that part of the sceen and get re-involved elsewhere in the sport......it's got to be crazy hard without Mask!

Post #3   9/7/10 11:25:42AM