Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Karo Parisyan Welcomed Back to UFC - Offered Dennis Hallman at UFC 123

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by magnifica

I forget... was Karo released for steroids or for pulling out of his fight at the last minute due to a panic attack?

Steroids? Troll much? If you are indeed asking a legitimate question, which I highly doubt, he was released for backing out of two fights on very short notice. I don't know if it was ever confirmed whether it was the pain killers, a back issue, or panic attacks that caused him to do so.

But you good sir get a

Last edited 9/4/10 11:32AM server time by gartface
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #31   9/4/10 9:40:54AM   

noahgenda

Standup Guy

noahgenda Avatar

Career:315-179
Chips:
HELL YES!!!!! one of my favorite fighters of all tim and hes gonna be at the palace!!!!!

Post #32   9/4/10 1:23:46PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by magnifica

I forget... was Karo released for steroids or for pulling out of his fight at the last minute due to a panic attack?

It has been stated that he is/was battling pain killer addiction. He did get caught and punished for having several of them in his system, though he was scheduled to fight after his suspension was up so I don't think that is why he was released, though it could have contributed to an extent. He was released for pulling out on short notice twice.

As for him back in the UFC, meh. I used to like Karo and I thought his fight with Diego was one of the best. His last few fights in the UFC left a bad taste in my mouth and I have not been a fan since.

Post #33   9/4/10 7:19:20PM   

magnifica

Learning to Sprawl

magnifica Avatar

Career:275-179
Camp: GTi Champions
Chips:

It has been stated that he is/was battling pain killer addiction...

He was released for pulling out on short notice twice.

Ah now I remember. Pulling out twice at the last minute with panic attacks. I wonder why the UFC decided to let him back in again. Perhaps he has a note from his psychiatrist declaring him "panic attack free"?

Last edited 9/5/10 7:40PM server time by magnifica
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #34   9/5/10 7:40:06PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by magnifica

. I wonder why the UFC decided to let him back in again.

This is the million dollar question because Karo was one of the fighters Dana said to be banned from the UFC for life.

I guess it is only time before Kalib Starnes is back in the UFC

Post #35   9/5/10 11:57:25PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3