Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Kazuo Misaki Injected Painkillers on His Ankle Before His SRC 14 Bout Against Jorge Santiago

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Kazuo Misaki talked to the press about his epic bout against Jorge Santiago, and mentioned something that is pretty bothering. He injured his leg about a month ago, and even had to inject painkillers before the fight:

LINK

Post #1   8/31/10 10:52:41AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Dude this is about the most hilarious article I've ever read. Fighters ALWAYS fight with cortisone shots injected into them. In the UFC, in the WEC, in Japan, everywhere. I can't believe they're really trying to make a big deal out of this. If you don't think nearly every single fighter out there doesn't fight with cortisone shots in their system then you're dead wrong. There's not even any "hush, hush" around gyms about cortisone shots.

Post #2   8/31/10 12:03:17PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,667-904
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Dude this is about the most hilarious article I've ever read. Fighters ALWAYS fight with cortisone shots injected into them. In the UFC, in the WEC, in Japan, everywhere. I can't believe they're really trying to make a big deal out of this. If you don't think nearly every single fighter out there doesn't fight with cortisone shots in their system then you're dead wrong. There's not even any "hush, hush" around gyms about cortisone shots.

This is true.

Athletic commissions tend to close the window on injecting/using painkillers as a fight approaches though. If he had a cortisone shot the day of a fight, for instance, that could be an issue since it would give him an unfair advantage.

There are much more offensive things about the lack of a Japanese athletic commission anyway. Kazushi Sakuraba being allowed to fight?

Last edited 8/31/10 9:31PM server time by lohmann
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   8/31/10 9:30:48PM