Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Shaq Wants Hong Man Choi, Tito Ortiz For Televised MMA Fights

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
After NBA superstar Shaquille O'Neal made his his first public appearance as a newly signed Boston Celtic at this past weekend's UFC Fan Expo Boston 2010 at the Hynes Convention Center in "Shaqachussetts," could the "Big Shamrock" soon become the "Big Octagon?" If it's up to O'Neal, fantasy could become reality. While O'Neal told ESPN on Saturday that he would like to take a fight against Korean striker and fellow 7-footer Hong Man Choi, the future NBA Hall of Famer told fans at a special Q&A session earlier in the day that not only is he serious about the challenge, but he'd like to turn the opportunity into a television special. "I would train here for a month," O'Neal said. "Then I would go to Korea to train for a month, and then we fight. The name of the show would be called 'Pick on Somebody Your Own Size.' Hong Man Choi, I'm coming for you." Of course, if Choi's not game, O'Neal could wind up featuring MMA in a future episode of his ABC-broadcast series "Shaq Vs." Namely Shaq and one Tito Ortiz.

Article

Last edited 8/30/10 1:13PM server time by DCRage
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   8/30/10 1:12:58PM   

tallica62

MMA Sensei

tallica62 Avatar

Career:1,954-1,208
Camp: Playground Bullies
Chips:
first hes too old and too many injuries to be a contender...but it seems hes all about the money and fun and not taking himself serious.....soooooo......hes kinda making a mockery of teh sport and making some reality tv money.... from a marketing standpoints its prob. bank and id watch it.....but itd be a joke

Post #2   8/30/10 3:08:24PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,409-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Just because you can box-out doesn't mean you can out-box.

Hung Man Choi would dominate him with his sheer sexyness.

Post #3   8/30/10 3:20:33PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Just because you can box-out doesn't mean you can out-box.

Hung Man Choi would dominate him with his sheer sexyness.

This is exactly what I said to my friend after I saw the video on ESPN mobile Saturday night.

I said, it probably sounds a lot cooler than it would actually be. HMC would dominate Shaq like he's never been dominated before.

Still, 2 7 footers going at it? Sign me up for watching no matter how much of a freakshow it would be.

Post #4   8/30/10 3:33:23PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
I used to hate Shaq on the court, being a Pacers fan, but I like him as a person. He's a really goofy dude, and I love the attitude he has going into this. I don't think he's taking himself too seriously, and he's just trying to have fun. I love it, and would watch it without a doubt.

Post #5   8/30/10 4:35:19PM   

JoeWarren33

MMA Sensei

JoeWarren33 Avatar

Career:1,988-1,230
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

but it seems hes all about the money and fun and not taking himself serious.....soooooo......hes kinda making a mockery of teh sport and making some reality tv money

Actually he does take himself and the sports he does on his show serious. Just because he is a joker, doesnt mean he can't take anything serious.
I used to hate on shaq since I was a Suns fan, and was a bit jealous of him back in the day. But one thing is for sure, this guy is a great person, loves life, and he def. is smarter then alot give him.
He actually did a spelling B competition on his show, against the girl who has won it several years. Shaq actually went 10 questions in before getting one wrong.
Props to shaq on at least wanting to fight someone decent in MMA. If he wasn't serious, he would probally go fight Butterbean or Coolio or even DMX ...actually Butterbean would be a bit of a challenge lol.
You get the point.

Post #6   8/30/10 5:21:56PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I'd check it out for sure.

I think HMC would beat his ass

Post #7   8/30/10 5:45:08PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Maybe shaq could fight Semmy Shilt!!??? I am sure he doesnt know who he is. And Sem would knock his dumb ass head of his shoulders!!! Go away Shaq.....Go away!!! The guy is looking to make a mockery of the sport!!

Post #8   8/30/10 6:27:28PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:
Shaq would have better odds than canseco did. Canseco vs choi was pure comedy. Sadly i think Shaq would be more likely to beat Tito than Choi.

Shaq Vs isnt that bad of a show. He loses at everything. the one exception, he beat charles barkley at golf, but really who wouldnt?

Post #9   8/30/10 8:07:00PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'd love it! HMC vs Shaq!! That's something I'd get all nostalgic over.....watching the freak fights again, like it or not they are imbedded as part of the history of MMA and are always light hearted and fun!

Post #10   8/30/10 11:20:35PM