Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

With Miller unlikely, Diaz vs. Noons title fight expected for "Strikeforce: San Jose"

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
A grudge match between Strikeforce welterweight champion Nick Diaz and middleweight Jason "Mayhem" Miller is not likely for this year, according to Diaz's manager.

Diaz (22-7 MMA, 3-0 SF) is going to fight at an event planned for Oct. 9 currently dubbed "Strikeforce: San Jose." But he will compete welterweight, and Miller (23-7 MMA, 1-1 SF) is not his opponent.

"Trust me, that's not the fight they have for him," Diaz's manager and trainer, Cesar Gracie, told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "It's someone else, and it's almost a done deal."

LINK

Post #1   8/25/10 9:22:22AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Are they serious?! They are going to pass over a grudge match that actually has people interested to have a rematch no one is talking about?!

Who the hell is Strikeforces match maker?
They must just give darts to some drunk, homeless guy and have him throw them at pictures of their fighters!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   8/25/10 12:59:45PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I'd rather see Diaz vs Noons 2, as we are going to see.

Maybe we will see a battle royal after the fight is over.

Post #3   8/25/10 2:18:18PM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:
definitely would rather see mayhem fight diaz and noons fight melendez

Post #4   8/25/10 2:42:56PM   

danr83

Learning to Sprawl

danr83 Avatar

Career:1,035-787
Camp: GTi Champions
Chips:
So the Strikeforce MW division is so thin that they are going to give a LW a shot at the MW title? This is blasphemy!

Seriously though I'd rather see this fight than the Mayhem fight.

Post #5   8/25/10 3:41:16PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
How bout diaz miller and noons in a 3 way!!!

I wanna sEe diaz beat noons down
Then fight miller.

I think miller now will enter that 4 man middleweight tournament

Post #6   8/25/10 4:28:29PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by danr83

So the Strikeforce MW division is so thin that they are going to give a LW a shot at the MW title? This is blasphemy!

Seriously though I'd rather see this fight than the Mayhem fight.

It's the welterweight division, and I can't wait to see Noons smash Diaz AGAIN.

Post #7   8/25/10 6:17:57PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,216-777
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
Diaz is gonna win this. Id put good money on it. Diaz had surgery right after the Noons fight because of the cuts. Now maybe Nick would get opened as much and be able to hang around.

Post #8   8/25/10 6:31:44PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I am pumped t see this fight! The **** talking that went down after the first was great and these guys really hate each other. Makes for a great fight!

Post #9   8/25/10 8:21:54PM   

ry_dawg63

MMA Regular

ry_dawg63 Avatar

Career:559-363
Chips:
Either way those sound like good fights! i see Dias winning either fight. but i think i would rather see Noons get subbed, then to see Nick beat Miller by a UD. And i would love to see Noons sloppy ass dad try to act stupid if Nick has his whole Conner with him instead of just him and Nate like that EliteXC fight out in Hawaii. there would be a real beat down coming from the Cesar Gracie fight team and that's for sure!

PS. KJ is lucky he didn't call out my coach. He doesn't want none of Mr Melendez!

Post #10   8/25/10 8:22:07PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by ry_dawg63

Either way those sound like good fights! i see Dias winning either fight. but i think i would rather see Noons get subbed, then to see Nick beat Miller by a UD. And i would love to see Noons sloppy ass dad try to act stupid if Nick has his whole Conner with him instead of just him and Nate like that EliteXC fight out in Hawaii. there would be a real beat down coming from the Cesar Gracie fight team and that's for sure!

PS. KJ is lucky he didn't call out my coach. He doesn't want none of Mr Melendez!

So that is the mentality of the Cesar Gracie camp? It wasn't just bad judgement every other time? Seriously clear this up for me. If you really train there you would know weather or not its common practice for this camp to promote a thug like mentality on national tv.

Post #11   8/25/10 11:36:21PM   

ry_dawg63

MMA Regular

ry_dawg63 Avatar

Chips:
well to be honest i can only speak for myself on this matter. but i am pretty sure the rest of my team feels the same way. i mean don't get me wrong I'm not saying i believe that what happened to Mayhem out in Tennessee should of went to that extent. was he rude,and way out of line coming into the cage after Jake is coming off the biggest win of his life, defeating a legend of his? yea. did he deserve to get beat down by Jake's whole Conner? no. but i wasn't out there for his fight. so that's just my opinion.

but as for the KJ incident, well that's a whole another can of worms. yea Nick was talking some s*** about the early stoppage of the cut, and asking for a rematch. when KJ, his whole Conner and his fat out of shape Dad decide to try and act all hard themselves. all im saying is i hope he tries to do that s*** when they fight in S.J right here in our back yard, because i can guarantee they would get straight stomped!!!!!!

Last edited 8/26/10 2:32AM server time by ry_dawg63
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   8/26/10 2:28:41AM   

ry_dawg63

MMA Regular

ry_dawg63 Avatar

Chips:
and oh yea what do you mean by saying "So that is the mentality of the Cesar Gracie camp? It wasn't just bad judgement every other time"? what do you mean every other time? is there any other time when our whole camp acted in a thug like Mentality? other then tennessee? if so seriously clear that up for me.

Post #13   8/26/10 2:38:30AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I was refering to the tenn and the Noons stuff I know they are different but what I mean is fighting after the fight no matter how disrespected you feel is not an option. There are a few blacy eyes on the sport over the years and it just seems that that camp isn't affraid to be involved in these types of matters. All i'm saying is Brawls in the cage are uncalled for.

Post #14   8/26/10 10:51:18AM   

ry_dawg63

MMA Regular

ry_dawg63 Avatar

Chips:
i feel you on that postman. since i compete in MMA as well as being a fan i couldn't agree with you more. the last thing we need is another incident like what happened in Tennessee. to be honest i like Mayhems goofy ass for the most part. even if he was out of line that night, i don't think he deserved that. and i also agree the a professional fighter should be able to handle a certain amount of disrespect. but if my opponent was to try to rush up on me like what KJ and his Dad and his whole Conner did out in Hawaii then i wouldn't hesitate to start swinging. or if KJ threw an illegal knee on one of my team meats like he did to JG you better bet your ass i would be in the cage instantly swinging. so all in all i just think that KJ rubs me the wrong way. anyways i hope this clears things up for you.

Post #15   8/26/10 2:33:25PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2