Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Fedor has called out Alistair Overeem to fight sometime this winter

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,246-789
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
One day your children will read about a thirty-foot tall giant that lived in the hills of Russia. They will learn that his garments were made from the fear and tears of his opponents and his bones were constructed of adamantium. When this giant would throw an overhand right, planets would recoil in terror and the entire field of astrophysics would take note on its precise trajectory. Time and space would stand in awe at the various ways in which this man broke the limitations they've placed on the universe. This man is Fedor Emelianenko and in this interview with Mixfight.ru, he has finally called out Alistair Overeem.

"Absolutely, I would like a rematch with Werdum. But as he was recently operated on, then as soon as this fight is unlikely to happen. This year, in November-December, I would prefer to meet in a cage with Alistair Overeem"

Link

So can everyone stop saying Fedor is dodging now? People piss me off...

Post #1   8/25/10 1:54:51AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
LOL I just said what if Dream sets up Overeem vs Fedor for the NYE show! I just hope the fight happens.

Post #2   8/25/10 7:30:55AM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:
Fedor vs Overeem could be the main event of Dynamite.... if this happens idk i think my head might implode. i already wait every year for Dynamite and i usually am more stoked about it then any other card. with Fedor on it i think i might not even go out and just sit at home and lay in the puddle of my own juices while having the biggest multiple mma orgasm ive ever had.

Post #3   8/25/10 8:32:06AM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,583-1,357
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Still dodging him

Post #4   8/25/10 8:44:39AM   

xburbx

MMA Regular

xburbx Avatar

Career:645-394
Camp: rafrojas
Chips:
who cares.

Post #5   8/25/10 9:10:29AM   

DANZANRYUGUY

MMA Regular

DANZANRYUGUY Avatar

Career:1,466-1,121
Camp: Mountain Storm Combat Club
Chips:
I like Fedor as much as the next guy but I would like to see him ge beat up. I think Overeem could do some serious damage to him. If it was Fedor from about 5 years ago I would pick him, but I think Overeem can take him now.

Post #6   8/25/10 10:59:40AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by DANZANRYUGUY

I like Fedor as much as the next guy but I would like to see him ge beat up. I think Overeem could do some serious damage to him. If it was Fedor from about 5 years ago I would pick him, but I think Overeem can take him now.

The guy loses one fight to one of the best grapplers in the world, and all of the sudden his last five years of competition are rendered meaningless? Give me a break...

Make this fight happen in America under a state athletic commission please.

Post #7   8/25/10 11:02:16AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
Both guys are dodging the UFC. Be a proud champ like Jake, and challenge yourself against the best.

Now that everyone knows being inside the death clutch, means a sure loss for anyone, and (that you can hit Lesnar with an aluminum bat, and Lesnar would spit nails back at you.) everyone is gonna dodge the UFC HW div.

I still think Werdum would beat Overeem and Fedor, and Lesnar would swallow Werdum like an appetizer imo.

Post #8   8/25/10 11:27:58AM   

meier

Standup Guy

meier Avatar

Career:453-438
Chips:
i must say i really dont care either

Post #9   8/25/10 1:46:07PM   

DANZANRYUGUY

MMA Regular

DANZANRYUGUY Avatar

Career:1,466-1,121
Camp: Mountain Storm Combat Club
Chips:

Posted by gartface

Posted by DANZANRYUGUY

The guy loses one fight to one of the best grapplers in the world, and all of the sudden his last five years of competition are rendered meaningless? Give me a break...

Make this fight happen in America under a state athletic commission please.

didn't say i didn't like him and his accomplishments weren't great. im a huge fan. Werdum IS one of the best grapplers out there. if he's gonna lose i would just like to see him get thrashed as opposed to a quick submission or a flash ko. i just think Overeem could give him a great fight, thats all. meant no disrespect to him or his accomplishments.

Post #10   8/25/10 1:47:04PM   

TheCatFather

Standup Guy

TheCatFather Avatar

Career:1,879-1,275
Camp: BedlamMMA
Chips:
Fedor should just sign with the UFC and fight the "creme de la creme" and stop this stand off with Dana. Lets get this party started for 2011. I don't want to see Fedor and Overdeem I want to see Fedor vs. Carwin, Dos Santos, Nelson, Lesner etc.......

Post #11   8/25/10 2:22:11PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
this is one of the most exciting matchups for me. im a big fan of both but i got to say, i think fedor is in for a serious beating. Overeem by knee from hell. also, why do people say that overeem is dodging the UFC? i remember him saying that he would give up his title to sign with UFC. my question is, why the hell was dana white so hot after fedor when he could have gotten overeem for sure, who IMO is better than fedor. just my opinion though.

Post #12   8/25/10 5:24:30PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:

Posted by icantthinkofanything

Both guys are dodging the UFC. Be a proud champ like Jake, and challenge yourself against the best.

Now that everyone knows being inside the death clutch, means a sure loss for anyone, and (that you can hit Lesnar with an aluminum bat, and Lesnar would spit nails back at you.) everyone is gonna dodge the UFC HW div.

I still think Werdum would beat Overeem and Fedor, and Lesnar would swallow Werdum like an appetizer imo.

I would put good money on Werdum in a Lesnar fight. Werdum has the better stand up and grappling ability. I just dont see how Lesnar would pull that one off without ending up getting subbed. LESNAR IS NOT THE NEW FEDOR. Everyone seems to think Lesnar is this ultimate badass now and to be honest i dont really understand why. None of that will matter anymore anyway when Cain slaps a clossal beat down on him.

Post #13   8/25/10 6:23:47PM   

SweeneyTom

Learning to Sprawl

SweeneyTom Avatar

Career:164-134
Camp: Penny-Arcade
Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

Posted by icantthinkofanything

I would put good money on Werdum in a Lesnar fight. Werdum has the better stand up and grappling ability. I just dont see how Lesnar would pull that one off without ending up getting subbed. LESNAR IS NOT THE NEW FEDOR. Everyone seems to think Lesnar is this ultimate badass now and to be honest i dont really understand why. None of that will matter anymore anyway when Cain slaps a clossal beat down on him.

The reason everybody thinks Lesnar's an ultimate badass, as you called it, is because he withstood at least 5 minutes of nonstop punishment from Carwin, survived, and won the fight, by tapout no less, which was definitely unexpected. I wouldn't call him unstoppable of course, but surely he deserves props for surviving Carwin.

Post #14   8/25/10 6:27:28PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,830-1,011
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'd have to say, Werdum would do the best against Lesnar if he had to fight against any one of those three tomorrow.

Post #15   8/25/10 6:38:11PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2