Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

M-1: Fedor Will Fight In Japan Or Russia On NYE

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
That's the word from The Fink, aka M-1 Global head Vadim Finkelstein, with regards to the future plans for their top star, Fedor Emelianenko. "We plan to organize an interim fight for Fedor. We are considering two options: Japan and Russia. We have a lucrative offer from the Japanese partners, who are interested in Fedor fighting on the New Year's Eve. This is the most interesting option for us. But we are also not excluding an option that Fedor Emelianenko will fight in Russia, sometime in December. We have to organize another fight for Fedor, as Fabricio Werdum is currently injured and no one knows when he will come back. Strikeforce have absolutely nothing against the rematch, that's exactly why we are planning the last fight on Fedor's contract to be against Werdum."

Article

Post #1   8/24/10 2:34:19PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Well I'm officially beginning to not care about seeing Fedor fight anymore. I still think he's the best fighter in the world at the moment, but I also think we're never going to see him fighting in the UFC, and there's no one outside of the UFC other than Overeem that I care to see him fight.

I will forever hate M-1 :(

Post #2   8/24/10 3:30:37PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Well I'm officially beginning to not care about seeing Fedor fight anymore. I still think he's the best fighter in the world at the moment, but I also think we're never going to see him fighting in the UFC, and there's no one outside of the UFC other than Overeem that I care to see him fight.

I will forever hate M-1 :(

I'm right there with you, Aether. I'm about to start propping people who DON'T post news about Fedor/M-1. I never thought I'd see the day where I no longer care what Fedor does/says, be it himself or though M-1, but that day is here.

Post #3   8/24/10 6:34:56PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,226-867
Chips:
didnt coker just say they are setting up Fedor vs bigfoot?

Every time M-1 makes a statement like this it just shows why the UFC couldnt come to an agreement with them. Coker says one thing and Fink says another and they both sound like its a done deal.

Post #4   8/24/10 8:20:13PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
What if Dream sets up Fedor vs Overeem???? Oh boy will Scotty be mad!

Post #5   8/24/10 9:43:59PM