Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Jay Hieron Not A Free Agent Yet

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Despite a recent Twitter message to the contrary, Strikeforce welterweight Jay Hieron is not a free agent just yet. Early Saturday morning, Hieron stated he had "finally got my release from [Strikeforce]," which prompted speculation of a potential move to the Ultimate Fighting Championship. But following Saturday's Showtime-televised "Strikeforce: Houston" event in Texas, Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker told MMAjunkie.com that's not exactly the case. "Here's the thing," Coker told MMAjunkie.com. "Jay Hieron doesn't have any fights left with us. He's just in a matching period. The only thing he would have to do is if he has an offer, he has to bring it to us. "But he doesn't have fights with Strikeforce, no." Coker wasn't immediately sure when the matching period ends, but he hasn't given up hope on re-signing the 34-year-old fighter. "I think my guys are talking to him," Coker said.

Article

Post #1   8/22/10 7:04:04PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by DCRage
"I think my guys are talking to him," Coker said.

Well that's a relief. You think....way to run a business.

Post #2   8/22/10 8:24:34PM   

Wand_is_GOD

MMA Regular

Wand_is_GOD Avatar

Career:97-61
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

. "I think my guys are talking to him," Coker said.

LOL I THINK :D

Post #3   8/23/10 12:56:13AM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,649-899
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
If Coker let Shields go so easily, he surely won't resign a fighter that he's spurned so readily for a year or two now.

I just don't see Hieron back in Strikeforce, and a move to the UFC or Bellator would be great for him.

Post #4   8/23/10 1:59:11AM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,632-1,680
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

If Coker let Shields go so easily, he surely won't resign a fighter that he's spurned so readily for a year or two now.

This for sure, there is no way he would release Shields and keep Hieron, unless he followed his formula to create title shots!

Post #5   8/23/10 2:20:38AM