Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

WEC Boss Says Faber Healed, Likely Meets Mizugaki In November

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
When his doctor told Urijah Faber he was medically cleared to fight, the former World Extreme Cagefighting champion instantly hopped to his feet, cheered, and began shadowboxing right there in the examination room. WEC General Manager Reed Harris, who accompanied Faber to the checkup, knew right then that a November WEC fight with Takeya Mizugaki was good to go. And though Faber technically would be able to fight as early as next month's WEC 51 event, Harris said the upcoming Colorado card was already full and prompted the tentative November booking. "He was good for September probably," Harris said. "But we had our card set already in Denver, so he's going to fight in November. And I think he's going to fight Takeya Mizugaki." Mizugaki could have taken another fight while Faber healed, but Harris said the Japanese fighter had his heart set on the matchup. "Mizugaki's been funny," Harris said. "He's like, 'I'll wait for the guy. I'll wait for him. I don't care.' He wants that fight." Harris said the organization hasn't chosen a location or venue for the November event, but as with other Faber fights, his hometown of Sacramento, Calif., appears a leading candidate.

Article

UPDATE: The November event will be WEC 52.

Last edited 8/20/10 12:45PM server time by DCRage
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   8/20/10 11:54:44AM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:
i dont think hes gonna make weight

Post #2   8/20/10 1:28:53PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This most likely will be main event probably in sacramento again

Post #3   8/20/10 8:03:40PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:

Posted by CCPRIDE99

...why would he not? He was never a big FW and his pedigree is wrestling which taught him how to cut weight pretty well. He wrestled at 133 in college so I don't see it being a problem at all in fact I think its the perfect weight class for him.

Post #4   8/21/10 1:34:21PM   

CCPRIDE99

Standup Guy

CCPRIDE99 Avatar

Career:1,224-710
Chips:

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by CCPRIDE99

...why would he not? He was never a big FW and his pedigree is wrestling which taught him how to cut weight pretty well. He wrestled at 133 in college so I don't see it being a problem at all in fact I think its the perfect weight class for him.

hes been out of college for a really long time and hes ripped. if he makes it i think hell be drained

Post #5   8/21/10 10:15:10PM   

lohmann

A Black Belt in Jiu-Jitsu

lohmann Avatar

Career:1,611-877
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by CCPRIDE99

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by CCPRIDE99

hes been out of college for a really long time and hes ripped. if he makes it i think hell be drained

This is why the best camps in the world have dieticians, nutritionists, and personal trainers. Faber will probably look leaner in general, as he starts shedding muscle mass, as his next fight approaches.

Post #6   8/22/10 6:02:09PM