Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Is Bodog Wooing Fedor Away From Pride/UFC?

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

Dana White threatened legal action if Fedor Emelianenko tries to sign with another organization, but it looks like Bodog may be willing to make the Pride champ an offer.

In a story about billionaire Bodog founder Calvin Ayre, Gambling 911 writes:

Ayre makes no secret of the fact that Bodog Fight is doing everything in its power to entice the PRIDE Heavyweight champion.

"We are happy to entertain any ideas he (Fedor Emelianenko) may have working with Bodog in the future," said Ayre, who had nothing but kind things to say about Emelianenko. "(Fedor) is an unbelievably classy guy. He doesn't seem to have any type of weakness. He is a complete fighter. Unbelievable!"

Gambling 911 also reports that Bodog Fight will have a "major announcement" in the next few weeks about its plan in Europe

Post #1   4/20/07 2:16:16PM   

kerazzle

MMA Regular

kerazzle Avatar

Career:349-189
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
It would suck if Fedor signed with Bodog but it wouldnt lessen my opinion of him. Bodog would have had to make him an offer he couldnt refuse and besides, Fedor is a guy who fights to feed his family, he went into mma because it paid more than Judo and Sambo tournaments. If he does sign, I dont see it being long term since his only challenge would probably be Jr. Silva. I also don't think Fedor was too fond of Pride management because when they interviewed him after his fight with Cro Cop he said that the smiles of the managers were fake and that they wanted him to lose. I dunno, I hope Dana is willing to shell out the big bucks for Fedor because the he is the only thing Bodog has going for them.

Post #2   4/20/07 5:00:18PM   

johnafirth

MMA Regular

johnafirth Avatar

Career:891-553
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Who would he fight in Bodog? They've got no-one for him. Even with their links to Strikeforce, K1, Cage Rage, etc., the major heavyweights are all in the UFC and Pride. I don't really fancy seeing more smaller guys bulk up to face him.

Post #3   4/20/07 6:23:25PM   

-Virus-

MMA Regular

-Virus- Avatar

Career:90-56
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Booooooooooodog
Sign him with Pride for the Pride vs UFC him vs CroCop II is a must!!!

Post #4   4/20/07 6:59:13PM