Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Hints At SF Contract Renewal, Still No Interest In UFC

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Two months removed from his first loss in nearly 10 years, Fedor Emelianenko is confident his future – and a contract extension with Strikeforce – soon will be finalized. The former PRIDE champion recently suffered an upset submission loss to fellow top-10 heavyweight Fabricio Werdum at a June Showtime-televised event. Although no return date or opponent have been determined, Emelianenko recently said his management team and Strikeforce officials are ready to move forward. "So far I feel very comfortable fighting, very good with my fighting, and I'm planning [to fight] as long as I can physically," he recently told m-1global.com, the official site of M-1 Global. "As far and I'm concerned we should discuss the possibility of signing another contract for four to six fights." Regardless of what the future holds for Emelianenko, one thing now seems very unlikely: a move to the UFC, the world's top MMA promotion. "For now [we work] with Strikeforce, and we are concentrating on that," he said. "The contract is not over yet. So for now we don't have any interest in the UFC."

Article

Post #1   8/12/10 10:54:22AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
4-6 more fights, maybe two more with werdum if he beats him the second time. Then probably Overeem, Bigfoot or Lashley and done.

Post #2   8/12/10 12:32:45PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Dana is going to rip him apart in a few days I can already see it. This time though I actually might believe he is running from the top HW's in the UFC. Their is no reason to not go.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #3   8/12/10 1:12:15PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I'm down for him to stay in SF. I'm sick of hearing about him. If he's relegated to Strikeforce I won't hear about him as much.

Post #4   8/12/10 2:25:57PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I think the best fights for Fedor in order from best to worst
Fedor vs Overeem
Fedor Vs Werdum
Fedor Vs Lashley
Fedor vs Del Rosario
Fedor vs Bigfoot

SF should get Barnett, if he can't fight here, have Barnett Vs Fedor in Japan with M-1 and Dream

Last edited 8/12/10 2:30PM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   8/12/10 2:29:28PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Ufc doesn't need fedor now
I am getting tired of him already

Post #6   8/12/10 2:38:29PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

Ufc doesn't need fedor now
I am getting tired of him already

This!! I am tired of the Fedor dogging or not dogging talk! Flat out. He seems not to give a shite so why should we!!

Post #7   8/12/10 4:40:31PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,598-933
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
At some point enough is enough. Fedor has to realize that he can't continue to be a top HW if he doesn't fight in the organization with the top competition. Guys like JDS, Cain Velasquez, Brock Lesnar, and Shane Carwin represent real challenges to Fedor that people would like to see answered. They also have a lot of great budding talent in the UFC HW division like Tod Duffe and Travis Browne. That's not even mentioning the stable of top level veterans and other experienced fighters, like Mir, Nog, Nelson, Gonzaga, Cro Cop...ect.

The UFC HW Division is the deepest HW division in the sport BY FAR! Fedor can't prove he's the best by beating the second best guys.

Post #8   8/12/10 8:29:35PM   

mojo

Learning to Sprawl

mojo Avatar

Career:278-163
Camp: WEYBURN TOP TEAM
Chips:
I dont think Fedor has any interest in where he ranks as best in the world, or he doesnt seem to. He is obviously not in it for the money or he would be jumping at the UFC. He will go down in history as the best of the "never tested themselves". I think he is far too small and not technical enough of a striker to ever compete with the best so its in his best interest to stay out of the UFC. Also, if he gets the title shot after a loss, that destroys all of strikeforce's credibility.

Post #9   8/13/10 1:20:56AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
well to me that statement reads as "Our current contract is not done and we're not going to consider anything else until it is"

Not that I think he's going to go to the UFC. I don't. I don't think this comment really means anything though.

Post #10   8/13/10 6:05:56AM   

Kugel

MMA Regular

Kugel Avatar

Career:1,538-911
Chips:
I don't blame him for having no interest in the UFC. He lost to one of UFC's cast offs. He would probably just be a gatekeeper there.

Post #11   8/13/10 9:01:29AM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
fedor loses one time and all this hate???

seriously have of everyone at the PG would be back on his nuts if he went to the UFC and won.hell half of half of everyone would be back on his nuts if he went to the UFC and lost.

what im getting tired of and sick of hearing is everyone saying he needs to go to the UFC.i dont see nobody bashing overeem for not going to the UFC.and i can guarantee overeem cares more about his ranking than fedor does.yet people cant wrap their head around the fact that fedor really doesnt care where he stands.he lost he took it like a man.he gave everyone what they wanted.and that was to see him lose.he just didnt react the way everyone wanted him to.he didnt get all pissed and motivated and all that nonsense.he admitted his own mistakes and moved on with his life.just like how everyone else should.

UFC offended him and his country.he doesnt want to fight their.PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

ive gone to mcdonalds where an employee and manager offended me.what was the result? lost my business forever. its not hard to do when theres so many other "places" to go

Post #12   8/13/10 4:04:09PM   

Californiastrangler

Learning to Sprawl

Californiastrangler Avatar

Career:283-202
Camp: SlapYoMama Stranglers
Chips:

Posted by george112

seriously have of everyone at the PG would be back on his nuts if he went to the UFC and won.hell half of half of everyone would be back on his nuts if he went to the UFC and lost.

what im getting tired of and sick of hearing is everyone saying he needs to go to the UFC.i dont see nobody bashing overeem for not going to the UFC.and i can guarantee overeem cares more about his ranking than fedor does.yet people cant wrap their head around the fact that fedor really doesnt care where he stands.he lost he took it like a man.he gave everyone what they wanted.and that was to see him lose.he just didnt react the way everyone wanted him to.he didnt get all pissed and motivated and all that nonsense.he admitted his own mistakes and moved on with his life.just like how everyone else should.

UFC offended him and his country.he doesnt want to fight their.PLAIN AND SIMPLE.

ive gone to mcdonalds where an employee and manager offended me.what was the result? lost my business forever. its not hard to do when theres so many other "places" to go

The difference is that McDonalds doesn't pay you to eat their Hamburgers. The same thing would be if McDonalds offered you a better Hamburger and said they would pay you more for eating it than Burgerking and you still ate at Burgerking because someone at McDonalds hurt your feelings. Fedor isn't the customer he would be the employee.

Post #13   8/13/10 6:18:34PM   

KURM

Learning to Sprawl

KURM Avatar

Career:349-240
Camp: OSF
Chips:
he knows he'll get his ass kicked in the UFC, He's affraid of the fighters in the UFC. If your a fighter you want to fight in the UFC period!! the rest is BS!!!

Post #14   8/13/10 8:35:34PM   

george112

The Playground OG

george112 Avatar

Career:1,291-843
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:

Posted by Californiastrangler

Posted by george112

The difference is that McDonalds doesn't pay you to eat their Hamburgers. The same thing would be if McDonalds offered you a better Hamburger and said they would pay you more for eating it than Burgerking and you still ate at Burgerking because someone at McDonalds hurt your feelings. Fedor isn't the customer he would be the employee.

i get that but the point im making is- Party A (UFC & Mcdonalds) offended Party B (Fedor & Myself) therefore causing Party B to seek Party C (Strikeforce etc. & Sonic etc.)

Post #15   8/14/10 2:01:00AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2