Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Strikeforce CEO Says Sarah Kaufman Has Earned Right To Fight On Major Showtime Card

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Sarah Kaufman asketh, and shall receiveth. Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker recently said that the women's 135-pound champion will fight on a major Showtime-televised event in the near future. "I think she's earned her right to fight in the big show," Coker said. Kaufman blogged this past month about her frustration at being placed repeatedly on the promotion's prospects-based Challengers series instead of the more visible primetime events. After knocking Roxanne Modafferi out cold in her first title at Strikeforce Challengers 9, Kaufman vented further. "Get me on main cards on Showtime, guys," she said in her post-fight interview. "I think I deserve it. Put me on there." Coker said he didn't fault Kaufman for using the spotlight to give herself a boost. As of now, Kaufman is un-booked, but Coker promised she'll get her due when Strikeforce schedules her next bout. "She will definitely be on one of the bigger shows," Coker said. "Of course, I can't tell you if it's going to be the main event or the co-main event because that will because that will be determined by who's fighting on the card as a whole. But I think she's earned her right to fight on the bigger show, just like Cristiane 'Cyborg' (Santos) did." That next bout likely is against Marloes Coenen.

Article

Post #1   8/11/10 8:56:09AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:
I'd think she earned it when she won the belt.

Post #2   8/11/10 3:55:11PM