Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Preliminary Estimates Have UFC 117 Doing Near 1 Million Buys, Chael Sonnen Puts Anderson Silva Over the Top

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Bryan Alvarez reports at the Wrestling Observer (subscription required):

Sonnen, as recapped in last week's newsletter, did the best one-man build for a PPV in years, perhaps ever. We don't have a buyrate and won't have a really good indication on how the show did until at least next week. I do know that using the method I usually use on Monday mornings, which is usually pretty accurate in terms of a predictor (I came up with 1.5 million for UFC 100 and the real number was 1.6 million, and 1.25 million for UFC 116 and the real number ended up being about 1.1 million, so it's sometimes up and sometimes down but usually close) the show is trending just slightly under the Quinton Jackson vs. Rashad Evans show, which did about 1 million buys.

LINK

Post #1   8/10/10 4:27:52PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Chael talked the talk and walked the walk.

Post #2   8/11/10 3:09:18PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Chael talked the talk, walked the walk and tapped the tap.

Fixed.

And actually, he didn't walk the walk. He walked about 90% of the way and then got hit by a car while he was crossing the road to get home.

Last edited 8/11/10 3:30PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   8/11/10 3:13:18PM   

DevonFoxy

MMA Sensei

DevonFoxy Avatar

Career:1,450-848
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Chael talked the talk, walked the walk and tapped the tap.

Fixed.

And actually, he didn't walk the walk. He walked about 90% of the way and then got hit by a car while he was crossing the road to get home.

True story. I actually was thinking this has got to be worse for Chael then getting put away in the 1st round. I don't think Silva had it planned to go down this way but it was the best way to completely get Chael back for the smack talk IMO.

Good night of fights also helped this card. The UFC gave a great card and people bought it. For the future they may want do this lol.

Post #4   8/11/10 3:50:47PM