Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 117: Your reaction?

Print  
Posted By Message

FireballKid

Learning to Sprawl

FireballKid Avatar

Career:43-29
Chips:
I'm sorry to say that I was so pissed off at UFC 117. I mean believe me, I loved every single fight until the fifth round of the main event. I cannot believe out of nowhere, Anderson Silva pulls off a desperation triangle choke. I mean, if I looked at Compustrike well, Chael Sonnen landed over 200 strikes. Silva was hit more in the first round than he ever was in his UFC career. When Sonnen tapped, I immediately went into a frenzy. I was so pissed. But it's safe to say, UFC 117 was a fantastic event. Did you see Matt Hughes?! Crazy... What do you think?

BQ: What do you rate UFC 117 out of 5?
BQ2: Do you think there should be a rematch?

Post #1   8/8/10 9:47:19PM   

Caesarrrr

Standup Guy

Career:77-70
Chips:
Awesome event and it was an awesome performance by both main event fighters. Chael did what nobody thought he could, and Anderson kept cool until the finish.

I'd rate this is the best card of the year so far, but probably 4.5

Yea, there should be a rematch....after each of the fighters have fought other people. Anderson won. You don't give immediate rematches to people who clearly won.

Post #2   8/8/10 11:03:02PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:

Posted by FireballKid

I'm sorry to say that I was so pissed off at UFC 117. I mean believe me, I loved every single fight until the fifth round of the main event. I cannot believe out of nowhere, Anderson Silva pulls off a desperation triangle choke. I mean, if I looked at Compustrike well, Chael Sonnen landed over 200 strikes. Silva was hit more in the first round than he ever was in his UFC career. When Sonnen tapped, I immediately went into a frenzy. I was so pissed. But it's safe to say, UFC 117 was a fantastic event. Did you see Matt Hughes?! Crazy... What do you think?

BQ: What do you rate UFC 117 out of 5?
BQ2: Do you think there should be a rematch?

You loved the entire card until the Fifth round of the Main event until out of nowhere one of, if not the biggest comebacks in MMA History happens, and now you're pissed at the card? That makes no sense to me whatsoever...

Yeah, According to compustrike and everyone who watched that fight, Anderson lost the first 22:57 of that fight. He locked in the Triangle with 2:03 left and had him tapping with 1:51 left. Almost 23 minutes of control for Sonnen, 12 seconds of control for Anderson, and Anderson defends his title for the 7th straight time and gets his twelvth straight win without a loss in the UFC. It was a miraculous comeback and easily one of the most indredible moments I've ever seen from a fight. A Wild, Crazy finish.

And you are upset that happened?

Anyways, i'll Humor you...

Top to bottom, great card, Main event made it a classic. 5/5

Chael Sonnen Deserves a Rematch without a doubt. WHether or not he gets one remains to be seen, but he backed up 98% of his trash talk. He did what nobody has done to Anderson, and he has definetly earned my respect from the fight and the post fight conference. But the facts remein. Sonnen's demise came from the two areas that everyone knew was his weaknesses: the ability to finish fights and submission defence. Because of that the only two claims he didn't back up are "I will have 12 pounds of gold around my waist" and "This is Anderson Silva's Retirement Party".

Chael Sonnen had that fight won, And then it all went wrong because of the "Toy in the Happy Meal Anderson got from the Noguiera Brothers", haha. Still, he deserves a rematch

Last edited 8/9/10 4:25AM server time by ChokeUout
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #3   8/9/10 4:21:09AM   

bsh162007

MMA Regular

bsh162007 Avatar

Career:51-51
Camp: Team Tarp
Chips:
id def give it a 4 .5 rating
and as far as the rematch goes i think he should have another fight or 2 before challenging anderson again just because mainly i only like to see rematches in fights like penn edgar or machida shogun because those fights went to a decision and could have easily went either way but in this fight silva clearly tapped him out even though if it would have lasted an extra 1:30 sonnen would have gotten the upset but he didnt so there is a clear cut winner in that fight and now he should have to work his way back up i mean really if you think about it thats like saying that carwin should have an immediate rematch with brock because he was dominating him and almost had the fight stopped but then second rd starts and he gets subbed so yea sonnen should have to win one or two more

Post #4   8/9/10 7:34:45AM   

ace_of_god

Learning to Sprawl

ace_of_god Avatar

Career:151-115
Camp: Grande Cajones Fight Camp
Chips:
Well lets walk ourselves through that card for a second:

Roy Nelson Vs. J. Dos Santos- Good fight, it was nice to see a fighter who didn't just fold to JDS, though the questions are still there, what can he do off his back, and is a Championship fight the place to find out?

Hughes vs. Almeida- Great fight, amazing finish, if it was anyone who wasn't named Hughes that pulled that off they would be launched into contention. I just don't think Hughes wants to compete for a title any more.

Guida vs. Dos Anos- Great fight, Guida gets a very odd submission victory. But like always he brought it and he finished which is a new one.

Struve vs. Morecroft- Of all the fights that made the PPV this one had me yelling the loudest... until the 5th round of the Sonnen fight. The knock out was amazing.

Alves vs Finch- It was a typical Finch fight, a three round grind and listening to Rogan talk about how amazing finch is in the three round grinds.

Silva vs. Sonnen- This fight was amazing, great, fantastic. It spoke values of the charactor of Silva and Sonnen. This really was very simular to the Lesnar vs Carwin fight, for me at least. When I was at the bar when Silva sunk that Triangle, there wasn't one person in the place that was sitting down. It was amazing.

All in all, great card, not better then 116 but still worth the watch.

Post #5   8/9/10 8:55:18AM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,496-1,822
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
The whole card was fantastic to me, with the exception of Fitch-Alves, though I do say that from a bias point of view. As a life long Matt Hughes fan, I was thrilled to see him do what he did. I'd give the card a 4.5/5, and I think there should be a rematch, but after Chael and Anderson both fight against other people.

Post #6   8/9/10 9:12:59AM