Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chael Sonnen on the Jim Rome Show today...

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Coming up in the next segment. (1:00pm EST).

Post #1   8/5/10 12:56:27PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:
He again denied accusing Lance Armstrong of "giving himself" cancer. He claims that the audio is *not* him.

Other than that, it was basically him tooting his own horn and saying Anderson Silva hasn't fought the competition he has. He's fought 5 world champions and 12 top ten guys (and beat 10 of them) yadda yadda yadda.

Post #2   8/5/10 1:13:18PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,803-1,547
Chips:
At first he was funny...and then it became a bit pathetic. Now, I'm convinced that he's taking the Jesse The Body approach (from his WWF days), which was if he says it, it must be true. I'm done trying to figure it out...I'll just wait and see what happens in the fight.

Post #3   8/5/10 3:41:49PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:
As absurd as some people may think it is, I'm personally not bothered by it for some reason. Maybe it's due to the fact that I despise Silva? Maybe it's due to something else? I don't know. I really don't mind it though.

Post #4   8/5/10 3:52:45PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

As absurd as some people may think it is, I'm personally not bothered by it for some reason. Maybe it's due to the fact that I despise Silva? Maybe it's due to something else? I don't know. I really don't mind it though.

I said I would never cheer for Anderson Silva again, but I will be cheering for him on Saturday night. I've grown to despise Chael far more than I despise Anderson, and I wasn't sure that was possible.

EDIT: For the record I'll probably always despise the Diaz brothers more than anyone in MMA.

Last edited 8/5/10 3:56PM server time by RyanC
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   8/5/10 3:55:10PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RyanC

I said I would never cheer for Anderson Silva again, but I will be cheering for him on Saturday night. I've grown to despise Chael far more than I despise Anderson, and I wasn't sure that was possible.

Not me.

Actions speak louder than words. Anderson's actions in Abu Dhabi were more than enough for me.

Post #6   8/5/10 4:02:03PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by RyanC

Not me.

Actions speak louder than words. Anderson's actions in Abu Dhabi were more than enough for me.

I totally understand your argument and up until the last week or two I was hoping for a Chael victory, but Chael has managed to really get under my skin. I still don't like Anderson, but I'm really hoping he puts a beating on Chael. I don't think it will shut Chael up, but I can always hope.

Post #7   8/5/10 4:09:41PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I'm sticking to my guns and won't be ordering this PPV. Don't care about either of them

Post #8   8/5/10 4:19:22PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I'm sticking to my guns and won't be ordering this PPV. Don't care about either of them

I softened my stance slightly. I originally said I would never pay for another Anderson Silva-headlined pay-per-view. Well, I need my UFC fix (it's been too long for me) and this card has quite a few kickass fights on it so I'll be ordering it. I'm more so interested in some of the other fights than I am the Sonnen/Silva fight, though.

Post #9   8/5/10 4:26:23PM   

DosBox

MMA Regular

DosBox Avatar

Career:918-541
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I have the same attitude, I dont really mind trash talking; Chael appears to be witty enough to make the trash talking sound more interesting to me I suppose.

Post #10   8/5/10 4:28:27PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Not buying this one either for a few reasons, but Silva is one of them. Kinda hate to pass it up because I will always pay good money for a Clay Guida fight, but despite everything going on I would stop watching before the main event.

Post #11   8/5/10 4:36:48PM   

ace_of_god

Learning to Sprawl

ace_of_god Avatar

Career:151-115
Camp: Grande Cajones Fight Camp
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Even if you hate Silva, or think the fight is gonna suck, the other four fights on the main card are all interesting.

Guida vs. Dos Anjos will be great, Guida always brings it.

Finch vs. Alves I mean lets face it the 170 Ibs division should be ranked GSP, Finch, Alves, Koschek. I mean if GSP retired tomorrow, this would be a title fight.

Roy Nelson vs Junoir Dos Santos, this is the fight I am most interested in because, really it will answer what UFC fans have been asking, what is JDS like on the ground? This fight alone pretty much sells the card.

Matt Hughes vs. Richardo Almeida- This is an interesting fight for me because I think that if Hughes were to win this fight he would bring himself out of the "Side-show" category and move himself back into the contender status. This fight is really the first fight we will have seen Hughes have with a game opponent since Alves. On the flip side if Hughes loses this fight, it will officially move him into side-show attraction or retirement, while Almeida will have moved himself into a clear cut contender status.

In total I can't wait for this card. I think almost every fight on it has real ramifications on UFC divisions. And I think at the very least three of these fights could be main events on most UFN or co-main a solid PPV. I am defiantly buying this one, most likely not as good as 116 but still should be a great night of fights.

Post #12   8/5/10 4:37:21PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
At the end of the day, I said I would never order another PPV with Silva on it and I am a man of my word. I will not order it.

Post #13   8/5/10 5:01:36PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I have gotten past the Abu Dahbi incident. It was a black mark on Silva for sure!, but Maia was also doing nothing to get the fight down, or "really engage Anderson(until the 5th rnd). Maybe these BJJ guys need to work on takedowns rather than waiting to pull gaurd or be taken down!! Silva was toying with him a lot and it was very disrespectful. But maybe it is the a bit more on the UFC to put Silva in competitive matches. I am for sure buying this PPv and can't wait to watch Anderson smash the shite out of Chael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #14   8/5/10 6:27:27PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,803-1,547
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

At the end of the day, I said I would never order another PPV with Silva on it and I am a man of my word. I will not order it.

So, have you friends order it

Post #15   8/5/10 8:22:35PM