Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Did TMZ Mislead Everyone with the Roger Huerta Streetfight Video and Story?

Print  
Posted By Message

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,385-1,434
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
MMA journalists are accused all the time of being "TMZ-like" reporters -- sensationalistic rumor-mongers who report on stories devoid of any real facts. Calling a reporter that is just as bad as saying "you have no integrity and have no right to be in your chosen profession."

CagePotato - TMZ Story

edit: i know this was a hot topic yesterday..so hopefully this quite the storm down a bit...

Last edited 8/5/10 11:01AM server time by rhythmandstyle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   8/5/10 10:14:10AM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,395-879
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
lol of course. Tmz coming thru with a huge fail and lie. well either way the dude got a shogun style ass kicking and deserved it. so its all good. but this pisses me off. i hope huerta sues the **** out of em for defamation of character or libel.

Post #2   8/5/10 10:27:47AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,279-1,225
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Wow, yesterday we're all worried if Roger is gonna get sued, now Roger might be the one suing Guess I'll wait to comment further on the story since it's up in the air now.

p.s. I hate sites like TMZ, US Weekly and all those other gossip magazines.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   8/5/10 10:55:02AM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Seems like cagepotato is trying to drive some traffic over there. I don't think anyone has been mislead. Guaranteed Huerta has nothing on TMZ.

And the article is asking why they couldn't clean up the footage. That's idiotic, it's shot off of a phone FFS.

Post #4   8/5/10 11:48:47AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Thankfully this is coming to light. I made this post yesterday on the original one-

Am I the only person that noticed that this probably wasn't Roger Huerta? Roger is wearing a short sleeve gray shirt, then takes it off to fight the stupid dumb piece of trash that probably deserves to die for not only KTFO'ing a defenseless girl but for blindsiding and straight up cold cocking the chcick. The guy who kicks the KTFO'd PoS is wearing a light color (possibly gray/possibly white) long sleeve shirt. So how did Roger Huerta find time in the middle of a fight to put a long sleeve shirt, which he wasn't even wearing to begin with, on?

EDIT: Upon watching it the second time I have to say that the guy who stomped may have been wearing a short sleeve shirt. So it may have been Roger, but it's still not clear enough to see for sure IMO.

Glad Cagepotato did the work necessary to make me look like I'm not such a dumbass for posting that. Even though cowcatcher seems to think I am

Post #5   8/5/10 11:49:01AM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
A comment from under the CP story....some good points.

You make some good points and you're aiming for journalistic integrity, but in all seriousness there are more holes in logic and unfounded assumptions in your piece here than in TMZ's report.

And I ******* hate TMZ, but I have to point these out. "if Roger was the guy they say knocked this piece of trash out, where did he go?"

Uh he got the **** out of dodge homie. After committing a crime. Next question.

"I also find it vey odd that not one other person of the hundred or so that were there that night have tweeted, blogged or written a single Facebook status update referring to the former UFC fighter who kicked some woman abuser's ass last week."

So you know the names, and twitter and facebook accounts, of all the people present at the scene, and have read all their posts?

"yet he didn't know what Huerta's name was" There's plenty of pro fighters who I can recognize but may not remember their name, and when I'm drunk I seriously can't remember *anyone's* name for ****.

"given that he was beside the guy who shot the video, he didn't even see the ass-kicking up close" He could have walked over from the fight to the camera man.

"The one on the right is a still frame used by TMZ which appears to have been altered to add a tribal tattoo" The frame on the right isn't the same frame as yours on the left, so you can't compare them. In yours, you can't even SEE his shoulder so how would you know if there's a tatt on it?

Post #6   8/5/10 12:02:53PM   

mojo

Learning to Sprawl

mojo Avatar

Career:278-163
Camp: WEYBURN TOP TEAM
Chips:
I agree, the Cagepotato story has just as many holes in it as the original. Another thing, Roger is lucky that his little buddy didnt get him killed. He is squaring off to fight a monster and his "friend" is pulling his arm back behind him. Lucky that behemoth didnt throw a left hook from his ass and take his head off. Some people are so stupid.

Post #7   8/5/10 12:24:22PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,568-1,469
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Glad Cagepotato did the work necessary to make me look like I'm not such a dumbass for posting that. Even though cowcatcher seems to think I am

this changes nothing about what i think of you!

Post #8   8/5/10 1:35:57PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Chips:
I would like to point out that the guy saying "he was a UFC fighter" has nothing to do with proving it was or wasn't Roger Huerta. People who don't understand the sport call me a UFC Fighter all the time just because I train MMA. People don't understand the terminology well.

Post #9   8/5/10 1:42:46PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Chips:
The more I watch the video the more I think 2 things:

1) It was most likely Roger who knocked the guy out in the first place. But that is impossible to prove.

2) With the stomp it was impossible to tell who did it. It even seems more likely that it wasn't Roger than that it was because the guy seems to be wearing a shirt.

Post #10   8/5/10 2:30:23PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Called it!

Post #11   8/5/10 3:38:56PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,226-867
Chips:
TMZ now claims they just talked to huerta on the phone.

LINK

Post #12   8/5/10 4:25:32PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,632-1,680
Chips:
Maybe they did, but has he seen what they posted about him before the two talked, and even still he didn't say anything not already agreed upon....we want to know (for some reason) if he did the stomping. That's the important part.....

Post #13   8/5/10 9:58:36PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

Maybe they did, but has he seen what they posted about him before the two talked, and even still he didn't say anything not already agreed upon....we want to know (for some reason) if he did the stomping. That's the important part.....

It's maybe a bit over-optimistic to think they posted every word he said...but who knows.

Last edited 8/5/10 10:14PM server time by grappler0000
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #14   8/5/10 10:13:27PM