Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Roger Huerta stomps out guy after guy KO's a lady (Video)

Print  
  Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6  
Posted By Message

RNstanger

Learning to Sprawl

Career:247-170
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
Good for Roger. He's a friggin hero. Guy deserved it and hopefully, but probably not, learned a valuable lesson.

Post #61   8/5/10 1:51:51PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,550-903
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
The funniest part was definitely that huge guys running terrified from a man half his size (whether or not it was Roger). I'm glad that prick got what he deserved.

Post #62   8/5/10 1:55:25PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Am I the only person who thinks this whole thing is stupid? "Roger's" actions included. I don't condone violence against women. My mother was beaten, but I also don't condone street justice. Sure, this incident ended with the douchebag who hit a woman getting laid out, but it just as could have easily ended with guns being pulled and innocent people on the streets getting shot.

Obviously someone who hits a woman doesn't have a very large mental capacity when it comes to inexcusable actions. Is it that hard to believe that he, or someone he'd being hanging out with, would pull out a gun and start shooting if they thought they were going to lose the fight or watch their homie lose a fight?

I completely agree with the fact that the dude who hit the girl is a complete ******* moron, but I think a lot of you are too far caught up in the fact that this ended a lot better than it could have, and I doubt any of you would be saying "good for 'roger'" if shots had been fired and innocents had been hit.

Last edited 8/5/10 2:13PM server time by blueskiesburn
Edit note/reason: Apparently we have no idea who it was

Post #63   8/5/10 2:10:19PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,568-1,469
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i wont disagree with any of that blue, but i think the main reason hes getting praise is that he came to the defense of the woman when there were a ton of other guys just standing there and watching. the guy that hit the woman got what he deserved IMO, a good asswhoopin can change a mans habits real quick and hopefully that guy learned a (painful)lesson here and wont lay his hands on a woman again. you are right though, it could have escalated and gotten much, much uglier.

Post #64   8/5/10 2:17:58PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

i wont disagree with any of that blue, but i think the main reason hes getting praise is that he came to the defense of the woman when there were a ton of other guys just standing there and watching. the guy that hit the woman got what he deserved IMO, a good asswhoopin can change a mans habits real quick and hopefully that guy learned a (painful)lesson here and wont lay his hands on a woman again. you are right though, it could have escalated and gotten much, much uglier.

I understand why he's getting the praise. That's not even a question for me. He's also getting the praise because this DIDN'T end poorly for anyone other than the principle violator and the girl.

My problem is that, more often than not, whenever we read about stories like this, it's usually much worse and many innocent people get hurt. Judging by how quickly the police arrived it seems to me that whoever administered the ass beating didn't need to get involved to prove a point that law enforcement and that dude's future cell-mates would have proven without risking all those people's lives potentially.

Distributive street justice usually ends poorly. It also usually affects those who had NOTHING to do with the situation, they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's stories like these, where it all seems to work out from a Karma perspective, that continue to encourage people to deliver street justice and I don't condone that. Allow those who are supposed to deal with justice to handle it.

Last edited 8/5/10 2:28PM server time by blueskiesburn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #65   8/5/10 2:27:27PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by cowcatcher

I understand why he's getting the praise. That's not even a question for me. He's also getting the praise because this DIDN'T end poorly for anyone other than the principle violator and the girl.

My problem is that, more often than not, whenever we read about stories like this, it's usually much worse and many innocent people get hurt. Judging by how quickly the police arrived it seems to me that whoever administered the ass beating didn't need to get involved to prove a point that law enforcement and that dude's future cell-mates would have proven without risking all those people's lives potentially.

Distributive street justice usually ends poorly. It also usually affects those who had NOTHING to do with the situation, they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's stories like these, where it all seems to work out from a Karma perspective, that continue to encourage people to deliver street justice and I don't condone that. Allow those who are supposed to deal with justice to handle it.

It's called cold hard justice Blue. Nowdays too many people choose to ignore or walk on by when bad **** happens in front of them. Back in the day nobody would stand by and watch a fellow human wronged. You reap the seeds you sow. I understand what you are saying about it making the situation more dangerous but who would go round hitting girls if they knew they would take a pounding?? Nobody would, coz the only people who do things like this are cowards and they don't want to risk getting hit themselves.

Without meaning to sound gay...Roger Huerta is a real man.

Post #66   8/5/10 3:06:32PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

It's called cold hard justice Blue. Nowdays too many people choose to ignore or walk on by when bad **** happens in front of them. Back in the day nobody would stand by and watch a fellow human wronged. You reap the seeds you sow. I understand what you are saying about it making the situation more dangerous but who would go round hitting girls if they knew they would take a pounding?? Nobody would, coz the only people who do things like this are cowards and they don't want to risk getting hit themselves.

Without meaning to sound gay...Roger Huerta is a real man.

I think you're missing the point. Back in the day people also couldn't get semi-automatic/automatic weapons in elementary school. Back in the day, this would have been settled by two men in a one on one fight. This isn't back in the day. There's a reason people walk past situations. Too many parties involved could be carrying deadly weapons and we don't know what actually happened. Personally, I don't feel like getting shot because someone around me wants to mete out "cold hard justice" when my iPhone dials 911 just fine. There's a reason they have a profession called "Law Enforcement Officers." It's because they're trained in how to handle these situations while minimizing the risk to innocent bystanders.

Post #67   8/5/10 3:23:01PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

I think you're missing the point. Back in the day people also couldn't get semi-automatic/automatic weapons in elementary school. Back in the day, this would have been settled by two men in a one on one fight. This isn't back in the day. There's a reason people walk past situations. Too many parties involved could be carrying deadly weapons and we don't know what actually happened. Personally, I don't feel like getting shot because someone around me wants to mete out "cold hard justice" when my iPhone dials 911 just fine. There's a reason they have a profession called "Law Enforcement Officers." It's because they're trained in how to handle these situations while minimizing the risk to innocent bystanders.

Couldn't disagree more. What was stopping men back in the day from picking up a six shooter and blasting a mother @#$@!? Nothing. And it did happen. Although not as frequently.

The only thing that has changed in this country since then is morals have gone downhill and consequences have run for the hills. I would even argue that more people owned deadly weapons in the 1800's than own them now. At least as far as % go.

I don't know if you know or not- but no arrests have been made in connection to this incident as of yet. Police are always too late. I'm all for police and the law and I am a first responder myself, but I also firmly believe that if more people had a fist waiting for them on the end of their actions they wouldn't be so bold as to think they could get away with something like punching a woman. I have been a strong advocate for making fist fights legal whenever the conversation comes up. The only things that stop men and animals from acting out of line are consequences. As men we are lucky enough to have a conscience. However, society has done a fine job of eroding that conscience and has allowed a forgiveness culture based on a lack of punishment for serious offenses. Thanks to a largely incompetent justice system.

Now, am I all for street justice and do I think blood should fill the gutters or that we should live our lives in Sha'ria law? Hell no. But I think someone getting a fist rammed down their throat is plenty justified and especially in times like these where a large man punched a defenseless woman.

Another thing I want to comment on- People act like it's so easy to pull a gun and shoot someone. For some people it is, but 99% of the so-called "thugs" out on the street would piss their pants in a legitimate firefight. They only pull guns on people who don't have guns to pull in return. Because they're afraid. They want to pop shots and dip out. They're cowards. Cowards who would blindside a woman. Those kinds of people have always existed.... but again... the only difference is there wasn't such a long line of lawyers and ridiculous laws standing in wait to defend their actions. If every time these idiots stepped out of line some good ol' western ass kicking justice was waiting for them or if a hangman's noose wasn't too far off for pulling a gun and shooting into a random crowd I guarantee there would be a lot less people doing it.

Last edited 8/5/10 3:40PM server time by Jackelope
Edit note/reason: typos
2 total post edits

Post #68   8/5/10 3:39:31PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Couldn't disagree more. What was stopping men back in the day from picking up a six shooter and blasting a mother @#$@!? Nothing. And it did happen. Although not as frequently.

The only thing that has changed in this country since then is morals have gone downhill and consequences have run for the hills. I would even argue that more people owned deadly weapons in the 1800's than own them now. At least as far as % go.

I don't know if you know or not- but no arrests have been made in connection to this incident as of yet. Police are always too late. I'm all for police and the law and I am a first responder myself, but I also firmly believe that if more people had a fist waiting for them on the end of their actions they wouldn't be so bold as to think they could get away with something like punching a woman. I have been a strong advocate for making fist fights legal whenever the conversation comes up. The only things that stop men and animals from acting out of line are consequences. As men we are lucky enough to have a conscience. However, society has done a fine job of eroding that conscience and has allowed a forgiveness culture based on a lack of punishment for serious offenses. Thanks to a largely incompetent justice system.

Now, am I all for street justice and do I think blood should fill the gutters or that we should live our lives in Sha'ria law? Hell no. But I think someone getting a fist rammed down their throat is plenty justified and especially in times like these where a large man punched a defenseless woman.

Another thing I want to comment on- People act like it's so easy to pull a gun and shoot someone. For some people it is, but 99% of the so-called "thugs" out on the street would piss their pants in a legitimate firefight. They only pull guns on people who don't have guns to pull in return. Because they're afraid. They want to pop shots and dip out. They're cowards. Cowards who would blindside a woman. Those kinds of people have always existed.... but again... the only difference is there wasn't such a long line of lawyers and ridiculous laws standing in wait to defend their actions. If every time these idiots stepped out of line some good ol' western ass kicking justice was waiting for them or if a hangman's noose wasn't too far off for pulling a gun and shooting into a random crowd I guarantee there would be a lot less people doing it.

I completely agree, Jackelope.

Last edited 8/5/10 3:52PM server time by grappler0000

Post #69   8/5/10 3:51:44PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

There was nothing to stop someone in the west from whipping out their six shooter and blasting someone. However, I also feel I addressed this issue when I made mention of semi-automatic/automatic weapons. A six shooter, especially, back then, required you to be a much more accurate shot if you wanted to be a complete coward and fire from a distance. More often than not you required to have a showdown with someone.

These days, a gun that can hold up to 30 rounds in one clip and fires at such a rapid rate, does not require the coward (as you so eloquently stated they are), to have any ability to fire the weapon beyond the squeeze of a trigger.

I'm not arguing that this sh*t didn't happen back in the day, it happened, however, with less innocent bystanders, and more consequences.

I agree with you. 1000%, Jackelope, about morality being the problem. However, when you combine morality, or lack there of, with advanced weaponry and, almost, unlimited access to that weaponry, you increase the likelihood of senseless violence cause by people who try to be hero's. It's not the guy who who happens to be delivering the fist of to the offender that usually winds up paying the consequences. It's all of those around him. I speak from experience on this matter.

A situation EXACTLY the same as this one right here. Distributive justice by those around me caused this to happen to me.

Last edited 8/5/10 4:07PM server time by blueskiesburn

Post #70   8/5/10 4:06:15PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
I lost that eye and have had to have several surgeries on it. You'll pardon me if I'm not all for a fist on the end of some people's stupid actions. I wound up losing that eye because my beat did beat down a guy who hit a girl instead of calling the cops.

Post #71   8/5/10 4:13:06PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Jackelope

There was nothing to stop someone in the west from whipping out their six shooter and blasting someone. However, I also feel I addressed this issue when I made mention of semi-automatic/automatic weapons. A six shooter, especially, back then, required you to be a much more accurate shot if you wanted to be a complete coward and fire from a distance. More often than not you required to have a showdown with someone.

This post just highlights your ignorance in regards to guns. First of all- semi automatic non-fixed barrel handguns are much less accurate than their fixed barrel revolver counterparts.

Second of all, most (something like 80-90%) of all gunshot deaths occur within the span of a few feet and are usually the first couple bullets that exited the weapon.

Your argument is weak at best. The typical attribution of semi-automatic gunfire as an evil entity bent on destroying the world of its own volition is incredibly weak. Guys aren't pulling AK-47's out of their pants pockets. If they were then you might have an argument.

How can you explain that in a city like Chicago, which has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, the murder rate as a result of firearms is so much higher than many other parts of America? I mean honestly. I hate these gun arguments. The ol' spoons made rosie o'donnell fat argument.

Post #72   8/5/10 4:18:45PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,817-1,549
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'll also point out that violence wasn't Roger's first response.

Huerta tells us, "I approached the man calmly and said, “Do you know what you just did? You just knocked out this girl."

But Huerta claims the other guy responded, "F*ck you, f*ck these bitches, I'll knock out any f*ckin' bitch that I wanna f*ckin' knock out, I’ll knock your f*cking bitch ass out.”

Huerta added, "... and as he's saying this, he's taking off his shirt ... and at that point I was like, alright.'"

Huerta insists that he didn't throw the first punch -- and only reacted when the other guy "started swinging at me" ... and we all know what happened next.

"I got the better of him and I left," Huerta said.

The 27-year-old explained, "If that was my mom, if that was my sister, my spouse, anyone … I would’ve wanted someone to step in and do something about it.”

Post #73   8/5/10 4:37:11PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

This post just highlights your ignorance in regards to guns. First of all- semi automatic non-fixed barrel handguns are much less accurate than their fixed barrel revolver counterparts.

Second of all, most (something like 80-90%) of all gunshot deaths occur within the span of a few feet and are usually the first couple bullets that exited the weapon.

Your argument is weak at best. The typical attribution of semi-automatic gunfire as an evil entity bent on destroying the world of its own volition is incredibly weak. Guys aren't pulling AK-47's out of their pants pockets. If they were then you might have an argument.

How can you explain that in a city like Chicago, which has some of the strictest gun laws in the country, the murder rate as a result of firearms is so much higher than many other parts of America? I mean honestly. I hate these gun arguments. The ol' spoons made rosie o'donnell fat argument.

I really wish you'd stop calling me ignorant and try to read what I am saying. My exact point was that fixed barrel revolvers are more accurate. People don't NEED to be accurate today with the amount of rounds they can dispense in a brief amount of time.

Honestly, your argument is completely off-topic. I NEVER said anything about gun laws. My argument was so far away from gun laws that it would have had to have caught two planes, a bus, and a cab just to be in the same state. My argument had nothing to do with laws pertaining to guns as much as it has to do with the idiots who own them and dispense them as distributive justice.

Rather than take up the banner of the all-american hero who supports our right to bear arms and that guns don't kill people, people kill people, why don't you pay attention to what I'm saying. This isn't even the first time you've responded to something that I've posted from an angle that I didn't approach it.

Idiots will buy guns, idiots will use guns, idiots who feel threatened will pull guns because they are cowards. People who dispense street justice encourage idiots like this to act cowardly because defending yourself like a man is NEVER an option.

This has nothing to do with my beliefs about gun laws, or gun regulations, or for that matter gun technology. My point is that given the fact that people can spray a large amount of bullets (a tech-nine vs. a 6 shooter) than they could back in the day, they pull them out and use them more because they don't need to be trained in how to use them. You point and click, you may not hit your target, but you'll hit something.

My argument is far from weak. I lost my ******* eye because my buddy hit a dude who hit a girl and then he went and got his friends who randomly assaulted everyone there whether they were involved or not. They pulled weapons, they administered vicious beatings and they took my sight from me. All because of your "fist at the end of stupidity." I guess I was completely unaware that a PERSONAL experience with loss of faculties because of this type of justice you're all advocating some how made my opinion weak and stupid.

Last edited 8/5/10 4:57PM server time by blueskiesburn

Post #74   8/5/10 4:56:19PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Jackelope

I really wish you'd stop calling me ignorant and try to read what I am saying. My exact point was that fixed barrel revolvers are more accurate. People don't NEED to be accurate today with the amount of rounds they can dispense in a brief amount of time.

Honestly, your argument is completely off-topic. I NEVER said anything about gun laws. My argument was so far away from gun laws that it would have had to have caught two planes, a bus, and a cab just to be in the same state. My argument had nothing to do with laws pertaining to guns as much as it has to do with the idiots who own them and dispense them as distributive justice.

Rather than take up the banner of the all-american hero who supports our right to bear arms and that guns don't kill people, people kill people, why don't you pay attention to what I'm saying. This isn't even the first time you've responded to something that I've posted from an angle that I didn't approach it.

Idiots will buy guns, idiots will use guns, idiots who feel threatened will pull guns because they are cowards. People who dispense street justice encourage idiots like this to act cowardly because defending yourself like a man is NEVER an option.

This has nothing to do with my beliefs about gun laws, or gun regulations, or for that matter gun technology. My point is that given the fact that people can spray a large amount of bullets (a tech-nine vs. a 6 shooter) than they could back in the day, they pull them out and use them more because they don't need to be trained in how to use them. You point and click, you may not hit your target, but you'll hit something.

My argument is far from weak. I lost my ******* eye because my buddy hit a dude who hit a girl and then he went and got his friends who randomly assaulted everyone there whether they were involved or not. They pulled weapons, they administered vicious beatings and they took my sight from me. All because of your "fist at the end of stupidity." I guess I was completely unaware that a PERSONAL experience with loss of faculties because of this type of justice you're all advocating some how made my opinion weak and stupid.

Chill, dude. I said "your ignorance in regards to guns." I didn't say you're ignorant. People need to look up what being ignorant on a subject really is in the dictionary. It's not an insult. It means you don't have the required experience with guns to make a valid point. You're ignorant because you lack necessary exposure. Not because you're a moron. So don't think I was insulting your intelligence.

If you can prove to me beyond a shadow of a doubt that semi-automatic gunfire like that which comes from a Tek-9 (which wasn't even used in this case, or your own experience from what I can gather) caused a death in this scenario then I will shut up. But it didn't cause a death in this scenario. And from the details revealed in your scenario it didn't either. Also, as weapons have advanced in technology you'll also notice the amount of casualties in war has gone down tremendously as well. So that whole argument about automatic and semi-automatic fire being inherently more dangerous is just a wash IMO. People kill people and dangerous situations kill people. Not guns.

The reason why I bring up gun arguments and why it isn't off track is because ultimately you were the first one to bring guns into this equation. You talked of the danger street justice brings into situations and you brought up guns. That's it. Never had I mentioned one word about them before that point. But since you brought them up and decided this subject and this forum to debate your point by bringing guns into it I did stand up and defend guns. Because what you were saying about them demonstrated your ignorance in regards to guns (AGAIN: Not insulting your intelligence, just saying you're making claims about a subject which you are ignorant about) I don't want people to read something like that and think it's true. Because honestly most people are ignorant about guns and gun safety. They'll lap something like that up like a thirsty dog.

Here's the deal with violence and parties. And I'm really sorry you lost some function over an incident such as this. However, the moral of the story, IMO, is that you cannot trust the police to stop something like this from happening. That being said, I do believe what Roger did was the right thing to do. Your friend was probably right to do it, too. There is a level of self protection that needs to go beyond that, though. People have to use clear heads and not remain in a situation which is likely to remain ugly. Ask anybody who works in the armed security field. Return overwhelming fire to defend yourself, and get the F out of dodge if the situation is not likely to remain in your favor for very long. Obviously this didn't happen with you and your friends and I'm sorry that **** went down poorly. It's a sad thing that assholes have to come back and jump people. Because they're cowards with too much pride, but if you're not willing to stand up to people like that then you probably shouldn't stand up in the first place. Clearly Roger is willing. So more power to him.

Too many times the minority of incidents dictates the majority of what is. You believe, based on your one unfortunate incident, that all others should follow a path you deem appropriate because you've got the one experience. And possibly a few others. Ultimately this is what I have a problem with. I couldn't go to sleep at night let alone look myself in the mirror if I let some asshole punch a girl right in front of my face and I did nothing about it. But that's the life I choose to live and the consequences be damned. Because I HAVE stopped violence from being executed on a female by a male, and I'm here just fine ready to tell about it. Others have the right to live a life of pacifism if they so choose, as well. Hell.. obviously 99% of the people at that incident chose to. So yes, when somebody stands up for what is right and defends the helpless in defiance of the dangers presented by the wrong doers- I applaud it.

Don't blame people standing up for what is right for what happened to you. Blame assholes who are insecure cowards with too much pride. If I was at a party and somebody popped shots because someone stood up for what's right I would blame the guy who popped shots. I don't follow your logic for blame going onto the guy doing the right thing.

Last edited 8/5/10 6:23PM server time by Jackelope
2 total post edits

Post #75   8/5/10 6:22:31PM   

Page 5 of 6   <<   2     3     4     5     6