Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Officials: Paul Daley Has Not Signed With Strikeforce

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Former Cage Rage champion and recent UFC fighter Paul Daley has not signed with Strikeforce. Despite reports of a completed six-figure deal, Strikeforce spokesperson Mike Afromowitz today said no deal has been reached with the British fighter. Additionally, a representative for Daley said the fighter is weighing multiple options. Daley currently is slated to fight at next month's Shark Fights 13 event as part of a one-fight deal with the promotion.

Article

Post #1   8/2/10 2:35:33PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
he may as well sign a 6 fight deal if offered even if its exclusive. Shark fights and Impact are not where the best guys are, and I can't imagine they pay more than SF.

Diaz Vs. Daley would rock. Diaz would problly go for the takedown, but a standup fight between those 2 would be sooo good.

Post #2   8/2/10 5:47:06PM   

Caesarrrr

Standup Guy

Career:77-70
Chips:
Honestly, I'd rather see daley go to bellator, because I think strikeforce is starting to make bad business decisions, and won't be around for too long.

Post #3   8/2/10 6:35:43PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:

Posted by Caesarrrr

Honestly, I'd rather see daley go to bellator, because I think strikeforce is starting to make bad business decisions, and won't be around for too long.

Bellator is where its at! Strikeforce is pretty far down on my list.

Post #4   8/2/10 8:31:15PM   

DosBox

MMA Regular

DosBox Avatar

Career:906-530
Chips:
Paul Daley shouldn't - he would be more active fighting in other promotions, Strikeforce is starting to get well known for not being able to give fighters fights. Lyle Beerbohm, Vitor Ribeiro, Joey Villasenor, Babalu, Lindland, etc. have all talked about this problem. More fighters with minimal card space available will not work.

Plus, I do not think he will be forever banned from the UFC - just when about 3-5 more fights over the next year or two - and he will pretty much be granted a second chance IMO.

Post #5   8/2/10 8:44:20PM   

anomoly

Learning to Sprawl

anomoly Avatar

Career:359-267
Chips:
Yeah I knew right away Dana would ban him for that stupidity... but if they can let a guy like Tito back... if he gets a couple decisive wins it will make for a great story, and will fill the seats.

Post #6   8/3/10 12:36:30AM