Today's Topics Unanswered Topics Avatar Bets Search PM's My Props Member Directory Premium Members Recent Polls Subscriptions Rules

Sponsors

Gomi vs. Diaz ??

Page 3 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Gomi vs. Diaz ??
Posted By Message

Banned

Career record: 29-13
Season: 0-0 (#-)
Bankroll: $1,000
348 posts
Joined 1/07
gomi will win the fight but diaz is a hell fighter.. One of the best in the game all around... its a shame because i think he could beat diego if they fought again...

Post #31   2/12/07 9:05:00AM   

JunCTion
READY TO SMILE AND LOVE LIFE!!

JunCTion Avatar
Career record: 306-217
807 posts
Joined 1/07
gomi will win but not by ko. unanimous decision

Post #32   2/13/07 2:57:46AM   

hathcock32
In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar
Career record: 706-447
Season: 22-13 (#1088)
Bankroll: $395 (#1589)
745 posts
Joined 1/07
DIAZ 1rd KO

Post #33   2/13/07 3:36:14AM   

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career record: 1282-681
Season: 37-15 (#340)
Bankroll: $8,986 (#17)
5231 posts
Joined 1/07
Diaz is already talking smack.
From Gracie fighter.com
Diaz on Gomi

We spoke to Nick Diaz on his upcoming encounter with current lightweight Pride Champion, Takanori Gomi. The 23 year old did not refrain from expressing his thoughts.

"I don't think he has anything to offer that I haven't seen before. I think I've fought tougher guys than him. The guys I've fought hit harder, were better wrestlers and better grapplers. What does he think he'll be able to do to me? I'm not intimidated at all and if he thinks he can knock me out that's fine. I think he'll be the one getting an ass beating so I hope he's ready." - Diaz

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #34   2/13/07 10:10:00AM   

JoeMimic
MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career record: 1175-723
Season: 32-17 (#340)
Bankroll: $1,165 (#1252)
245 posts
Joined 1/07
Nick is always talking smack; I'll probably have the volume up loud on that fight to see if I can pick him up calling Gomi a bitch or anything like that. I really think is going to be the fight of the night.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1

Post #35   2/13/07 12:27:48PM   

Trapt1nw0nder
BANNED

Career record: 432-266
1775 posts
Joined 2/07

Posted by JoeMimic

Nick is always talking smack; I'll probably have the volume up loud on that fight to see if I can pick him up calling Gomi a bitch or anything like that. I really think is going to be the fight of the night.

I second that...Fight of the night!

i am PUMPED!!!!

Post #36   2/13/07 12:41:25PM   

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

5231 posts
Joined 1/07

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by JoeMimic

i am PUMPED!!!!

completely

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #37   2/14/07 8:41:39PM   

loller90278
BANNED

loller90278 Avatar
Career record: 258-185
3065 posts
Joined 1/07

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Posted by JoeMimic

i am PUMPED!!!!

completely

i say fight of the night is wandy vs hendo

first fight was a nail biter

Post #38   2/14/07 9:34:51PM   

Dadaman
MMA Regular

Dadaman Avatar
Career record: 61-42
109 posts
Joined 1/07
As cliche as saying it has become on MMA forums it's true. This has potential for fight of the year written all over it.

Gomi is a technical fighter with good hand speed and sharp movements. His footwork is a bit unpolished but then again he's no boxer. He is good at creating range from his opponents and then closing it when he comes in. Like Mike Swick he rarely throws lazy jabs or one punch benders. He throws mean combos with bad intentions.

His ability to get on the inside is going to be crucial in this fight. I honestly don't believe that either of these guys can finish each other off. My prediction: Gomi gets caught in the second round after gaining confidence in the first after a somewhat lackluster Diaz performance. After this Diaz builds momentum and in the third both fighters emerge almost unscathed. Gomi by UD. The world will give Diaz mad props for never having been "finished" in a fight.

Post #39   2/14/07 11:26:28PM   

Lay_N_Pray
In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar
Career record: 206-117
589 posts
Joined 1/07
Diaz can yet again talk all the smack he would like. The only thing he is going to hear when he gets in the ring is Gomi's fist crushing his face and then his body hitting the canvas. If Diaz would spend as much time focusing on the fight as he does talking about it he would be great.

Everyone knows Diaz has a world of potential, but when it comes time to fight he has never seemed focused. He needs to take a more business like approach such as Gomi if he ever wants to tap into his potential

Gomi by KO

Post #40   2/14/07 11:38:29PM   

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

5231 posts
Joined 1/07

Posted by Dadaman

As cliche as saying it has become on MMA forums it's true. This has potential for fight of the year written all over it.

Gomi is a technical fighter with good hand speed and sharp movements. His footwork is a bit unpolished but then again he's no boxer. He is good at creating range from his opponents and then closing it when he comes in. Like Mike Swick he rarely throws lazy jabs or one punch benders. He throws mean combos with bad intentions.

His ability to get on the inside is going to be crucial in this fight. I honestly don't believe that either of these guys can finish each other off. My prediction: Gomi gets caught in the second round after gaining confidence in the first after a somewhat lackluster Diaz performance. After this Diaz builds momentum and in the third both fighters emerge almost unscathed. Gomi by UD. The world will give Diaz mad props for never having been "finished" in a fight.

Actually it was early in his career, but Diaz got KOed by Jeremy Jackson , I think itwas in the first round too. So he's been finished, but I agree with Gomi by decision.

The Iron Code

Post #41   2/14/07 11:54:01PM   

Trapt1nw0nder
BANNED

Career record: 432-266
1775 posts
Joined 2/07
Nick diaz has only had problems with guys who take him down at will and win a decision...

Sherk...Riggs...Parisyan..Sanchez...which are all beasts

if Gomi wins i predict it will be a controversy...

Post #42   2/15/07 1:00:26AM   

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

5231 posts
Joined 1/07

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Nick diaz has only had problems with guys who take him down at will and win a decision...

Sherk...Riggs...Parisyan..Sanchez...which are all beasts

if Gomi wins i predict it will be a controversy...

Definately possible . Pride's judging concerning japanese fighter's has always been suspect IMO. I'm not sure who the judges the NSAC will appoint, but it would seem it would be less likely if they are the same judges other orgs. use here. Unless they are all Cecil Peoples and clones, Diaz has a better chance in Vegas than Japan to me.

The Iron Code

Post #43   2/15/07 2:16:44PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER
MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar
Career record: 76-48
203 posts
Joined 1/07

Posted by hippysmacker

Diaz is already talking smack.
From Gracie fighter.com
Diaz on Gomi

We spoke to Nick Diaz on his upcoming encounter with current lightweight Pride Champion, Takanori Gomi. The 23 year old did not refrain from expressing his thoughts.

"I don't think he has anything to offer that I haven't seen before. I think I've fought tougher guys than him. The guys I've fought hit harder, were better wrestlers and better grapplers. What does he think he'll be able to do to me? I'm not intimidated at all and if he thinks he can knock me out that's fine. I think he'll be the one getting an ass beating so I hope he's ready." - Diaz

That right there is why I hate Nick Diaz.No respect for anyone.

Post #44   2/17/07 3:25:58PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER
MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar
Career record: 76-48
203 posts
Joined 1/07

Posted by hathcock32

DIAZ 1rd KO

I seriously hope you are joking