Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gomi vs. Diaz ??

Print  
  Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

i was gonna make this thread,but why not just revive an old one?

this is how i see the fight in my head...i see Diaz beating gomi to the punch the whole first round and annoying Gomi with those little combo's he throws and forcing Gomi to take him down and i think Diaz will submit gomi or win a decision

Diaz has fought the tougher opponents and that only makes him stronger

i wonder if Diaz can intimidat gomi with trashtalk and staring him down...

In that Case Fighting Gomi is gonna make this kid unstoppable. I Just don't see Diaz pulling this one out. Unless he gets a lucky punch which is doubtfull. He has never faced anyone who can strike like Gomi. Diaz better respect Gomi's striking or he is going down quick.

Post #16   2/7/07 6:53:56AM   

fedorwins1

MMA Sensei

Career:552-270
Chips:
I pick Gomi also. I don't see anything from Diaz's last few fights that make me think that he can beat the #1 lightweight in the world. Gomi has better hands but Diaz has a better ground game, I think that Diaz will be overconfident like usual and try to stand and throw with Gomi.

Gomi KO/TKO rd 2

Post #17   2/7/07 4:35:42PM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Diaz is just another Chris Leben or Ed Herman to me. Talks waaaay too much crap and doesn't give respect when it's due. Therefore I hope he gets a savage beat down.

Post #18   2/7/07 4:37:36PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

Diaz is just another Chris Leben or Ed Herman to me. Talks waaaay too much crap and doesn't give respect when it's due. Therefore I hope he gets a savage beat down.

How can you not like Nick Diaz?

there is not 1 fight that Diaz has lost that has not been a war and possibly fight of the night...who else stares their opponent down like that and talks shit to them?

yeah Ed Herman,and Leben talk shit behind their backs and to the camera back stage....but none of them have the guts to tell them to their face like Diaz!

gotta love the guy!

Diaz is Twice the striker Ed Herman and Leben are...maybe not as powerful...but much more skillful...he's like a great mexican pro boxer who happens to be great on the ground!

Post #19   2/7/07 9:24:09PM   

gspfan31

MMA Regular

gspfan31 Avatar

Career:98-51
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by madmarck

There are actually quite the few people on here who are willing to bet that diaz will win. Not me if He couldnt strike with Karo, He is gonna get killed by Gomi.

Did you watch the Karo/Diaz fight? it went to SPLIT decision and Karo won by takedowns.....Diaz KO'd Robbie Lawler and Robbie is a heavy hitter.

I love Gomi but I would never count out Nick Diaz

ya but diaz got robbie pissed off in that fight and robbie kind of lost control of what he was doing, i dont think diaz can do that to gomi

Post #20   2/7/07 10:28:55PM   

jmoooooo

MMA Regular

jmoooooo Avatar

Career:501-328
Chips:
diaz has surprised people in the past, and usually makes for a good fight, i dont remember him being blown out of the water by anybody (i could be wrong)

he is always in the fight, no matter who he is fighting

his BJJ is good, his striking is good and he has KO power.....cant count him out, and i would bet on him........just for fun....

Post #21   2/7/07 11:06:40PM   

BrAeDeN91

MMA Regular

BrAeDeN91 Avatar

Career:42-30
Camp: ricco rodriguez and the sundance kids
Chips:
im going to say gomi will win, but diaz is a fighter u shouldnt underestimate hes got a good ground game and accurate punches he could pose a threat.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 2/7/07 11:09PM server time by BrAeDeN91
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #22   2/7/07 11:08:35PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by BrAeDeN91

im going to say gomi will win, but diaz is a fighter u shouldnt underestimate hes got a good ground game and accurate punches he could pose a threat.

great pic..

now there is a guy who talks shit and cant back it up...Joe Riggs....at least Nick Diaz loses decisions not get submitted and KTFO

Post #23   2/7/07 11:41:11PM   

StraightLeft

Learning to Sprawl

StraightLeft Avatar

Career:259-174
Camp: Metro Machine
Chips:
I like Diaz alot and enjoy watching him fight but I think Gomi's going to be a bit to much. Never count him out though

Post #24   2/8/07 2:55:27AM   

Snacks

MMA Regular

Snacks Avatar

Career:25-13
Chips:

Posted by gspfan31

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by madmarck

There are actually quite the few people on here who are willing to bet that diaz will win. Not me if He couldnt strike with Karo, He is gonna get killed by Gomi.

Did you watch the Karo/Diaz fight? it went to SPLIT decision and Karo won by takedowns.....Diaz KO'd Robbie Lawler and Robbie is a heavy hitter.

I love Gomi but I would never count out Nick Diaz

ya but diaz got robbie pissed off in that fight and robbie kind of lost control of what he was doing, i dont think diaz can do that to gomi

Gomi/Azeredo, and Gomi's rage disagrees. Although the language barrier might be a problem.

Last edited 2/8/07 4:56AM server time by hippysmacker

Post #25   2/8/07 3:41:35AM   

CWall33

MMA Regular

CWall33 Avatar

Career:413-243
Chips:

Posted by BrAeDeN91

Excellent pic, Braeden91.
Diaz is definately no chump. He's been losing some close decisions in the UFC lately. Fantastic fights, FAN-TAS-TIC.(Sanchez v Diaz, show me a better fight!) However, Gomi is no slouch. Not sure which way I'm going on this one yet.

Hope Diaz wins, but I'm still torn on my pick.

Post #26   2/8/07 4:26:51AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,025-1,145
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

That's 100% true, and I hope Gomi KO's him, but Diaz is also a very tough, skilled ,great chinned, been through the wars and at least lost a decision type of guy. I think he loses , but by decision, and it would not completely shock me if he pulled of the surprise sub on Gomi.

Last edited 2/8/07 4:55AM server time by hippysmacker
2 total post edits

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #27   2/8/07 4:53:21AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by waylon_o

That's 100% true, and I hope Gomi KO's him, but Diaz is also a very tough, skilled ,great chinned, been through the wars and at least lost a decision type of guy. I think he loses , but by decision, and it would not completely shock me if he pulled of the surprise sub on Gomi.

It would do too me. I think Diaz is gonna stand and try to show off his striking like he did against lawler. Which will be a big mistake with Gomi.

Post #28   2/8/07 7:36:36AM   

Brick

MMA Regular

Brick Avatar

Career:1,294-641
Camp: Dead Skin Mask
Chips:
Awesome first fight for Diaz in Pride...way to announce his presence.

Or, he gets his ass kicked in fight #1 and that's it.

OK: I'm gonna go balls out and make a call. Gomi in 2nd round.

Post #29   2/11/07 1:27:20AM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Im sayin it now, Diaz is going to pull off an upset. I like Gomi but I think Diaz can do it

Post #30   2/11/07 2:54:20AM   

Page 2 of 4     1     2     3     4