Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Gomi vs. Diaz ??

Print  
  Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4  
Posted By Message

Moneymakers911

Learning to Sprawl

Moneymakers911 Avatar

Career:85-56
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
Gomi is technical and Diaz is unothordox. and i cant spell

Post #1   1/25/07 11:14:20AM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
There are actually quite the few people on here who are willing to bet that diaz will win. Not me if He couldnt strike with Karo, He is gonna get killed by Gomi.

Post #2   1/25/07 12:09:02PM   

Jeffanori-Gomi

Standup Guy

Career:34-26
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:

Posted by madmarck

There are actually quite the few people on here who are willing to bet that diaz will win. Not me if He couldnt strike with Karo, He is gonna get killed by Gomi.

Did you watch the Karo/Diaz fight? it went to SPLIT decision and Karo won by takedowns.....Diaz KO'd Robbie Lawler and Robbie is a heavy hitter.

I love Gomi but I would never count out Nick Diaz

Post #3   1/25/07 2:36:16PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by Jeffanori-Gomi

Posted by madmarck

Did you watch the Karo/Diaz fight? it went to SPLIT decision and Karo won by takedowns.....Diaz KO'd Robbie Lawler and Robbie is a heavy hitter.

I love Gomi but I would never count out Nick Diaz

Karo Threw Huge Looping Chuck Liddell Overhand Rights the entire fight. I saw the fight dude. Nick couldnt deal with the overload from Karo.

Post #4   1/25/07 3:06:58PM   

Gomiera

Learning to Sprawl

Gomiera Avatar

Career:169-78
Camp: Strictly MMA
Chips:
Yeah I wouldnt count Diaz out. But I still think Gomi will take this one.

Post #5   1/25/07 3:10:04PM   

THE_AXE_MURDERER

MMA Regular

THE_AXE_MURDERER Avatar

Career:76-48
Camp: Rascal Fight Team
Chips:
Its a fight so Diaz has a chance but I see The Fireball Kid beating the hell out of Diaz.Fight ends in first round.I see it being alot like the Ishida fight.

Post #6   1/25/07 4:36:00PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:2,045-1,154
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I'll take Gomi . Anyone want to wager?

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #7   1/25/07 4:43:21PM   

BODE16

Learning to Sprawl

BODE16 Avatar

Career:34-24
Chips:
Diaz is so adaptable and will adapt to put up a great fight against gomi but i still feel tht gomi will take it but it hopefully will be an amazing fight

Post #8   1/25/07 5:46:23PM   

TonoMakai

Learning to Sprawl

TonoMakai Avatar

Career:16-11
Camp: Body Hammer
Chips:
I can't see Diaz winning this. I like Nick, he is young and has a boatload of potential. But no way he takes it here.

Post #9   1/25/07 6:36:20PM   

amik

MMA Regular

amik Avatar

Career:71-38
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
It's really very difficult that he wins Gomi, if he's concentrated and in a good shape.

Gomi wins by TKO in the 2 ROUND. Maybe the 1rst Round...

Post #10   1/26/07 7:00:43AM   

zodi51

Learning to Sprawl

zodi51 Avatar

Career:46-19
Camp: Team Pride
Chips:
I'm one of those who thinks Diaz has an excellent shot at this. We all know that Gomi's strenght is his heavy hands and great chin. Well if Gomi keeps it standing Diaz has the unorthodox boxing, reach advantage, and chin (see the Riggs fight) to hang with Gomi. If Gomi wants to take it to the ground he first has to get Diaz there and that not an easy task, ask Sherk. If he does take it to the ground and try to pound out a win Diaz has the jits to nulify any attack. I mean Diaz survived three rounds on his back with a ground and pound machine like Diego on top of him. Really I see the fight going the distance and Diaz getting the nod, unless he's robbed again, which may just happen.

Post #11   1/26/07 1:36:32PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by zodi51

I'm one of those who thinks Diaz has an excellent shot at this. We all know that Gomi's strenght is his heavy hands and great chin. Well if Gomi keeps it standing Diaz has the unorthodox boxing, reach advantage, and chin (see the Riggs fight) to hang with Gomi. If Gomi wants to take it to the ground he first has to get Diaz there and that not an easy task, ask Sherk. If he does take it to the ground and try to pound out a win Diaz has the jits to nulify any attack. I mean Diaz survived three rounds on his back with a ground and pound machine like Diego on top of him. Really I see the fight going the distance and Diaz getting the nod, unless he's robbed again, which may just happen.

Good post... I think Nicks JJ skills are underestimated and Gomi's ground game can be exploited... Hopefully Nick fights the smart fight and tries getting it on the ground so he can go for the sub... I know "he ain't nobody's bitch" but standing with Gomi has historically been a terrible game plan.

Post #12   1/26/07 5:13:58PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
i was gonna make this thread,but why not just revive an old one?

this is how i see the fight in my head...i see Diaz beating gomi to the punch the whole first round and annoying Gomi with those little combo's he throws and forcing Gomi to take him down and i think Diaz will submit gomi or win a decision

Diaz has fought the tougher opponents and that only makes him stronger

i wonder if Diaz can intimidat gomi with trashtalk and staring him down...

Post #13   2/7/07 12:36:35AM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:
the only way i see gomi losing this is going into the fight overconfident.. the first seconds of the ishida fight gomi was acting like a clown.. same thing can be same for nick tho, if he decides to just slug it out and not go after gomis weakness (the ground) then hes in trouble.. it all depends on who makes the mental mistake first.

props!

Post #14   2/7/07 1:01:19AM   

ac_gi

Standup Guy

ac_gi Avatar

Career:1,773-1,078
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:
Nick Diaz via triangle choke. But I'm not open to wagers on this fight.

Post #15   2/7/07 5:57:15AM   

Page 1 of 4     1     2     3     4