Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Cars and Used car lots suck!

Print  
Posted By Message

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Last thursday i got my 1st car ( a 98 honda accord). it seemed to good, it felt good to drive, and the payments i could afford. the very next day after havin it for less than 24 hours, on my way to the mall the trasmission blows. the air isnt working anymore, and i notice that i need new break pads. So i had it towed to the car lot where i bought it and told them to fix the sh*t, and until they do their not gettin another penny from me. or give me my down payment back and rip up the contract. so they took the car said theyd fix it. then they say its the cylinoids in the transmission or somethin and they cant get the part until monday. monday comes and they havent done it yet. tuesday they put those in and say the car is still messin up so their gonna take it to a transmission shop and have a new transmission in it (free of charge for me). they say i get it back friday (today). i called them earlier and it seems that they put a wrong part in it and now they have to get the right part, and put it in. and for me to be patient with them, (F*%^ that!) theyve had my car for a week now and they still expect me to give them the other $300 for the rest of the down payment and for me to give them $80 for my 1st weekly payment. this is ridiculous. sorry i just had to vent

Post #1   7/30/10 5:08:24PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,600-1,654
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Teach them a lesson and get out of it, go to a better dealer and get a newer Honda......if it had between 80-120K mileage on it there is no reason it should be so messed up and the way they are handling it is horrible.

Post #2   7/30/10 10:24:20PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I'd get all your money back if you can. Sounds like a lemon. You could threaten them by reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. I agree with Jae, Honda's are known for their longevity. Brakes I can understand, but the tranny all messed up would have me worried, especially only having it the one day. What else is gonna go wrong after a few weeks or months.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   7/30/10 10:49:42PM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
the car only had 102k miles on it. and they made me sign a paper that said id work with them before i contacted a lawyer or anything like that. but if they dont get this thing fixed then i will ruin that business. I went friday and the owner told me the shop they took it to put a shitty used tranny in it so they made them take it out and their takin it to a better shop monday and havin a rebuilt tranny in it that will have a 6 month warranty on it so hopefully things get worked out. and he said i should have it back by thursday at the latest so i guess well see how that goes.

oh and i just have to say i hate used car salesmen. they will do anything to kiss your ass and get you into a car. one was tryin to sell me the accord and another one came up and said uh oh watch out hes wearin a tapout shirt! and the other one said oh yeah i know, as soon as i saw him (me) comin i got intimidaited. WTF im 5'6 maybe 5'7 at the most and 140 pounds. that sh*t killed me

Post #4   8/1/10 1:39:09PM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,394-777
Chips:
I don't know about the States but in Canada you must safety check the vehicle before you sell it ( Unless it is specified AS IS )

I am certain you must do the same in the states I would just demand my money back and a WRITTEN cancellation of your contract
this car is a lemon my friend think about it the brakes are bad and the tranny is done

she's been drivin like a race car if you keep this thing you will regret it for sure

to get back to the safety part of it I am sure any lawyer or DMV would love to know you were sold this with bad brakes from a licensed car lot

no matter what you signed it does not include working with a company who knowingly has broken the law and put yourself and others lives at risk
I can not see anyway this can be good for them

Post #5   8/14/10 9:45:41AM