Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana Confirms Dos Santos-Nelson Winner Gets Title Shot

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:522-387
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
I honestly felt like Dos Santos should have gotten the winner of Brock Carwin. At a minimum I felt like he should have been fighting Cain, but I can understand why Cain got the title shot. I don't think Nelson deserves this shot either, but I've always been a big proponent of the idea that if a guy can come out and win a fight, be it a championship bout or a number one contenders match, that he was worthy of the shot. If Nelson can somehow come out and win then hey he deserved it, but if he gets beaten down, then it will be one of those Anderson Silva/Patrick Cote kind of things. We will see.

Post #16   7/30/10 10:16:28PM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
I like Big Country, being a round guy myself, I love to see a fat guy get the win. However, I've been pulling for a JDS/Lesnar bout for a while. I'm not completely counting Velasquez out, but IMO Carwin and JDS have the best chances to dethrown Lesnar. The only other HW fight I'm looking more forward to then JDS/Lesnar is Carwin/JDS, both fights are going to be barn burners.

Post #17   7/31/10 5:45:58AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I'm fine with either fighter winning and/or getting a title shot. Though I am more interested to see JDS on the ground so I am kinda hoping to seem vs. Brock. I also think Roy would have no chance vs. Brock.

Post #18   7/31/10 11:52:17AM   

EliasG

In Full Mount

EliasG Avatar

Career:222-176
Chips:
Nelson is older and has a long track record in MMA. He is not as young as some of the other fighters in MMA so you have to fast track him a little more if he shows he can fight with the bigger dogs. I think he'll probably lose but I'd like for him to give an upset. I don't think so though based on his fight with Arlovski. I think he can get KO'd but his ground is pretty solid. WE really have yet to see JDS on the ground with his vaunted BBJ. that would be interesting. His hands are SO fast though.

Anyway, I think Nelson deserves the shot and I think that his body is a detractor for him in a kind of a wierd way. After all, most Americans are fat, and most MMA fans are fat...it's kind of "funny" that some guys like other guys that are in "shape." I've never looked at a fighter or any athlete for that matter and thought---now he's in great shape, I'll root for him." Maybe it gives boxing fans a little more ammunition when they call mma fans "gay."

Post #19   8/1/10 3:55:40PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Niiiiiiiice. Let's go Nelson.

Post #20   8/3/10 8:22:53AM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by Rush

I'm fine with either fighter winning and/or getting a title shot. Though I am more interested to see JDS on the ground so I am kinda hoping to seem vs. Brock. I also think Roy would have no chance vs. Brock.

I think he has a chance against Brock. I think he has better jiu-jitsu and better striking. I think he could beat him standing up or if he ended up on top on the ground. If he ended up under Brock on the ground though, which there would be a really good chance of, I think Brock would probably TKO him.

Post #21   8/3/10 8:52:03AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2