Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

SF Challengers 9: 197,000 Viewers

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Ratings for this past weekend's Showtime-televised Strikeforce Challengers 9 event proved solid as the show averaged an audience of 197,000 viewers. The peak audience actually came for the night's co-main event, a title fight between women's welterweight champ Sarah Kaufman and challenger Roxanne Modaferri that spiked with 254,000 viewers. The fight actually topped the Shane Del Rosario vs. Lolohea Mahe headliner, which drew 226,000 viewers. The talk of the event, of course, was the Kaufman vs. Modafferi fight. In her first title defense, Kaufman scored a slam-KO that knocked her opponent out cold. The finishing move actually earned the No. 4 spot on ESPN "SportsCenter's" Plays of the Week.

Article

Post #1   7/26/10 6:35:28PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,246-789
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
anyone else think this is one of the greatest mma events ever? every fight was absolutely awesome. the devela-voelker fight is easily a top ten fight of the year. wondering why i havent heard alot of people talking about this event?

Post #2   7/27/10 1:30:34AM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

anyone else think this is one of the greatest mma events ever? every fight was absolutely awesome. the devela-voelker fight is easily a top ten fight of the year. wondering why i havent heard alot of people talking about this event?

Ever? Not even close, it was entertaining B-Level fights for a Friday evening...no complaints.

Post #3   7/27/10 5:32:25PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by hate4thestate

Ever? Not even close, it was entertaining B-Level fights for a Friday evening...no complaints.

Nothing B-level about Sarah Kaufman.

Post #4   7/27/10 6:07:25PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:
b level? Devela has been looking pretty awesome for some time now as well as Del Rosario. i think Devela won that fight btw pretty decisively. but i just dont get it. it seems if its not ufc people seem not to care as much. the greatest thing ever to happen in womens mma and people are just like eh it was ok lol. every fight was nuts.

AND SERIOUSLY!!!! NOBODY ELSE THINKS DEVELA-VOELKER WAS A WAR FOR THE AGES????? im losing faith in mma fans lol.

Post #5   7/29/10 12:03:13AM   

DosBox

MMA Regular

DosBox Avatar

Career:906-530
Chips:
Havent seen it yet (although have it recorded, havent found the time yet)

but I did read the Sherdog play by play chat and they pretty much thought it was a horrid fight.

Voelker had underhooks on Devala, and Devala still was able to take him down and Voelker immediately sweeps into top control. M-1 Grappling is what they called it, I havent seen this show yet, but i've seen some M-1 shows -- and ive seen fighters lose mount and get swept into side control instantly.

Ill check it out tomorrow though. This seems to be a relatively good number in comparison to their previous shows. Kaufman v. Modaferri should have been the main event however.

Post #6   7/29/10 12:13:05AM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DosBox

Havent seen it yet (although have it recorded, havent found the time yet)

but I did read the Sherdog play by play chat and they pretty much thought it was a horrid fight.

Voelker had underhooks on Devala, and Devala still was able to take him down and Voelker immediately sweeps into top control. M-1 Grappling is what they called it, I havent seen this show yet, but i've seen some M-1 shows -- and ive seen fighters lose mount and get swept into side control instantly.

Ill check it out tomorrow though. This seems to be a relatively good number in comparison to their previous shows. Kaufman v. Modaferri should have been the main event however.

yea i stay away from sherdog for the most part but from what ive heard they didnt have nice things to say about the event. just watch it and judge for yourself man. i think that fight was absolutely insane but its whatever. and your absolutely right main event shoulda been the womens title.

Post #7   7/29/10 8:55:30AM   

DosBox

MMA Regular

DosBox Avatar

Career:906-530
Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate
yea i stay away from sherdog for the most part but from what ive heard they didnt have nice things to say about the event. just watch it and judge for yourself man. i think that fight was absolutely insane but its whatever. and your absolutely right main event shoulda been the womens title.

I usually listen if Breen, Savage, Sariahmed, or Encarnacao are there - otherwise I usually take what others say with a grain of salt. But I dont think Sherdog.com is bad at all.

I do however cringe when Strikeforce has a lot of young prospects on their roster and then put Lolohe Mahe on the main event.

Luckily I have time today to watch it and Im definitely still excited to see it.

Post #8   7/29/10 10:54:17AM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by DosBox

Posted by hate4thestate

I usually listen if Breen, Savage, Sariahmed, or Encarnacao are there - otherwise I usually take what others say with a grain of salt. But I dont think Sherdog.com is bad at all.

I do however cringe when Strikeforce has a lot of young prospects on their roster and then put Lolohe Mahe on the main event.

Luckily I have time today to watch it and Im definitely still excited to see it.

Mahe was there to absorb punishment and be a sacrifice to del Rosario. Shouldn't have been the main event though.

Post #9   7/29/10 1:06:12PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

I enjoyed it but it didn't stand out was one of the best events ever. I never get into the girl fights but it was cool to see a girl get a rampage style (sort of) k.o.

Post #10   7/29/10 1:16:05PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MaxOne

Posted by hate4thestate

I enjoyed it but it didn't stand out was one of the best events ever. I never get into the girl fights but it was cool to see a girl get a rampage style (sort of) k.o.

I usually dont either but i really got into this fight. I was screaming like normal but ive never done it during a womens fight. I think im really starting to appreciate womens mma much more. Dont get me wrong ive always respected it just as much as the guys... probably even more. Things like a womens title fight not being the main event on a challengers card is disrespectful and im glad Kaufman showed exactly why women should get the respect they deserve. Best ko in womens mma so far. even better then Frausto's.

Post #11   7/29/10 2:08:50PM