Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lyoto Machida Vs. Rampage Jackson at UFC 123

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by RyanC

Posted by seanfu

Thank you so so so so much Joe Silva. Lyoto will impress this time by easily dispatching, or frustrating the hell out of Rampage. 19 out of 20 times Lyoto dominates this fight.

Does anyone think Rampage has a chance here? and why if so?

I'd rather know why you think Rampage has no chance? He's probably one of the best LHW fighters of all time, and you think he has no chance. That is more curious to me than thinking Rampage has a chance. I'd put this at near even odds or slightly favoring Machida.

I'll be looking foward to this fight because I think it's an interesting matchup, and I really think either one of these guys could end up with their hand raised.

I'm really surprised everyone thinks he does.

Lyoto will be too fast and elusive for rampage to counter, and to fast and elusive for Rampage to aggressively hit.

You remember how Rampage fell apart when Forrest used his speed to win and wouldn't exchange? well think about Rampage not being able to get anywhere near Machida with any of his shots... don't you think Lyoto is at least a notch up from Forrest and at least 2 notches up with his striking?

Lyoto has never really been touched aside from leg kicks and the one killer shot from Shogun. Rampage is nowhere near Shoguns striking level.

Am I wrong?

Post #16   7/24/10 4:39:34PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,539-904
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Forrest Griffin gives a lot of guys fits, let's not forget he beat Shogun around that time it might not have been the Shogun that Machida fought, but it was a solid win. Forrest is a tall dude that causes a huge match up problem for a lot of guys at 205, he has a long reach and solid leg kicks, very good BJJ, I don't really remember the part where Rampage fell apart, because I was slightly surprised that Forrest was awarded the decision. I'm not going to argue against the obvious problems that Machida represents, but I'm not so sure that Shogun didn't break Machida in that first fight.

Post #17   7/24/10 7:51:32PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,004-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
I'm actually surprised that this is the matchup Rampage signed. He was talking that he didn't want to fight Machida because he was boring. Was figuring he'd get a rematch with a returning Forrest Griffin.

As for the match I see Machida using his counter striking in this fight while Rampage tries to cut the ring into half to stop him. I actually see this fight turning out like the Tito Ortiz/Machida fight. Although I think Rampage has better striking/power than Tito. So I see him chasing Machida down all fight and finally catching him in the 2nd for the TKO.

Post #18   7/25/10 12:02:37PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by whardin19

I'm actually surprised that this is the matchup Rampage signed. He was talking that he didn't want to fight Machida because he was boring. Was figuring he'd get a rematch with a returning Forrest Griffin.

As for the match I see Machida using his counter striking in this fight while Rampage tries to cut the ring into half to stop him. I actually see this fight turning out like the Tito Ortiz/Machida fight. Although I think Rampage has better striking/power than Tito. So I see him chasing Machida down all fight and finally catching him in the 2nd for the TKO.

Thiago Silva has as much power as Rampage and probably one of the toughest chins in the division and he chased Machida for 1 round before getting knocked unconscious. The same will happen if Rampage chases I think.

Post #19   7/25/10 1:51:04PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,951-1,087
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

Posted by whardin19

Thiago Silva has as much power as Rampage and probably one of the toughest chins in the division and he chased Machida for 1 round before getting knocked unconscious. The same will happen if Rampage chases I think.

Thiago Silva does not have as much power, nor as good of a chin as Rampage.

He does however, strike tremendously better when he's moving forward and agressive, whereas Rampage is at his best counterpunching.

Styles make fights, and rampage hasn't chased an opponent like Thiago did v. Machida in his entire tenure in the UFC.

Post #20   7/25/10 11:30:24PM   

d_enq

Learning to Sprawl

d_enq Avatar

Career:1,255-692
Chips:
This fight could look alot like Machida v Rampage. The beginning a slow feeling out process, then Machida jumping in and using his precision to win the fight.

However, Machida may come out and be a bit hesitant.

This fight in intriguing because you have two counter strikers. I think Machida is quicker and more on point with his strikes, whiile Rampage has the power. I see Machida taking this more often than not.

Post #21   7/26/10 12:12:48AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by d_enq

This fight could look alot like Machida v Rampage.

I sure hope it does

Post #22   7/26/10 12:46:42PM   

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:

Posted by seanfu

No Silva dosen't have the chin or power Rampage has

Post #23   7/26/10 11:10:36PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by d_enq

This fight could look alot like Machida v Rampage.

I sure hope it does

ahahahhahhaa. I was going to say the same thing. I had to read the post three times to figure it out.

Post #24   7/27/10 12:48:35AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2