Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

MM-Nay: Vancouver Bids MMA Sanctioning "Adieu"

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Well, it was fun while it lasted. Councillors in the city of North Vancouver voted to disband the North Vancouver Athletic Commission on Monday after former chairman Mirko Mladenovic was impeached and replaced by city bureaucrat Dave Rudberg. UFC recently opened a corporate office in Canada with the intention of spreading the gospel to unregulated areas like Toronto. And while fan support is at an all-time high, especially with Canadian stars like Georges St. Pierre going mainstream, politicians are not impressed.

Article

Post #1   7/23/10 12:01:07PM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
Right, you've seen enough of MMA surfing through channels to make an educated decision. Good thing people who take the time to understand things before making decisions about them are the ones running the country.

Whew! Good work Pam!

I have a hard time believing this will last very long. Some time in the near future I'm sure popular demand and the revenue they will bring in from other countries will sway their opinion, no matter how ignorant and knee-jerk reactionary these idiots are (the politicians I mean).

Post #2   7/23/10 4:06:40PM   

tcunningham

Combat Sport and Fitness

tcunningham Avatar

Career:508-351
Chips:
thats like banning the internet. its already here and it'll only get bigger. at least it aint my country

Post #3   7/23/10 8:04:35PM   

Gogoplatapus

MMA Sensei

Gogoplatapus Avatar

Career:894-595
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

at least it aint my country

So what's up in New York.

Post #4   7/24/10 6:41:39PM