Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Diego Sanchez vs Paulo Thiago at UFC 121

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Mackavelli

MMA Regular

Mackavelli Avatar

Career:1,439-744
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
He got hit with a big knee at the beginning of the fight, plus hathaway is legit.

Post #16   7/21/10 5:37:56PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:

Posted by isk

Should be a decent fight, but I'm betting Diego will get tooled on the feet and controlled on the mat. Both guys will be angry as hell coming off losses, but I think Thiago will focus that anger more intelligently. Diego may revert to his YES mantra over and over, but just like in the Penn fight it'll go away the first time he gets punched in the face.

Diego has never shyed away from any foe. Bj whooped his ass, the doctor stopped that fight!....in the fifth rnd no less. Also I think Diego is going into a dangerous fight with Paulo. Both guys are very skilled and very determined. I am not picking a winner here but am leaning toward a Diego ud

Post #17   7/21/10 5:48:19PM   

c-dub

Learning to Sprawl

c-dub Avatar

Career:111-81
Chips:
I was kinda hoping that diego wins this fight also he is a warrior.

Post #18   7/21/10 5:52:26PM   

Chael_Sonnen

Follow.The.Buzzards

Chael_Sonnen Avatar

Career:1,277-785
Chips:
Paulo by UD.

Post #19   7/21/10 8:09:21PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

this is exactly what i would have said before diego fought hathaway, but after seeing him look so sluggish and crappy in that fight i just dont know what to expect from him. the day of the weigh ins is going to be the day i can pick the winner, because if diego is soft i will not pick him.

Maybe Diego gassed from his intense staredowns. I mean, sooner or later the guy is going to pop a blood vessel in his head from trying to look so mean in the staredown.

On a serious note, I think the reason Diego has struggled is the same reason fighters like Swick and other early TUF fighters are not on top of their game.I think they peaked already and the other fighters are catching up. I really haven't seen a vast improvement from Diego or Swick like I have with Kenny Florian.

I just think the competition is getting tighter at the top of the divisions and these once dominant fighters are not all as dominant as they once were. Diego has struggled a bit since stepping up in competition. Even some of his recent wins are against guys that are on slides or couldn't stay with the UFC.

I just think that Diego is going to be one of those fighters that will dominate the lower tier fighters, but might be 50:50 with the top ten fighters in the division.

Post #20   7/21/10 10:08:26PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2