Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Training in Thailand

Print  
Posted By Message

mmatraveler

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Does anyone know of any good gyms to train at in Thailand? I'm looking for Muay Thai and MMA gyms. Thanks for your help!

Post #1   7/19/10 3:48:21PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
If you throw muay thai boxing+training+thailand into a Google search there are like a dozen gyms in Thailand that come up right away.

Post #2   7/20/10 5:39:33PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,810-1,780
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Look for Fairtex! Where are you geographically located now, I can get you in contact with someone who frequents Fairtex and maybe he can give you some more info.

Post #3   7/21/10 12:03:47AM   

mmatraveler

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:

Posted by RyanC

If you throw muay thai boxing+training+thailand into a Google search there are like a dozen gyms in Thailand that come up right away.

That's the problem. There are too many options! I don't know which one to choose they all seem good.

Post #4   7/21/10 3:11:46PM   

mmatraveler

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
I looked at website for training at Fairtex Pattaya location but I thought the accommodation was really expensive for Thailand. It's $50+++ American per night. Do you know of anywhere cheaper?

Post #5   7/21/10 3:18:06PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by mmatraveler

Posted by RyanC

That's the problem. There are too many options! I don't know which one to choose they all seem good.

I kinda figured you may have tried that. I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Post #6   7/21/10 4:05:20PM   

lemureye

Learning to Sprawl

Chips:
Where are you planning on staying once in Thailand. That is a huge part of me helping answer your question. I lived in Thailand for six months (and trained) and also traveled around south east asia. Beware of the "Big Name" tourist traps. You can get lost in the crowd. BUt if you are diligent you can find a nice school with intense training that is not only filled with tourists for much less money. Going to Thailand in general is a big deal. There are right and wrong ways to do things. I have been there twice and as I said lived there. Feel free to PM me for additional info that can save you tons of time and MONEY!! =)

Thanks,

Lemureye

Post #7   1/22/11 3:21:48PM