Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chris Lytle Gets His UFC 116 Bonus

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,200-1,501
Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Although one can argue that nobody really expected Brock to win by submission, let alone an arm triangle.

Why not? Ever see that bleached blond guy with the shades on his head that walks out with Lesnar every fight? That is former MMA fighter Erik Paulson who also happens to be one of the best ground fighting/submission coachs/trainers out there. My Sifu (Chinese for teacher) learned some of his groundfighting curriculum from Paulson. He obviously then passed those techniques on to me. One of those techniques is the one Lesnar won with. The Arm Triangle. The manner of Lesnar's victory was absolutely no surprise to me.

Post #16   7/17/10 4:49:42PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by Sir_Karl

Posted by DCRage

Although one can argue that nobody really expected Brock to win by submission, let alone an arm triangle.

Why not? Ever see that bleached blond guy with the shades on his head that walks out with Lesnar every fight? That is former MMA fighter Erik Paulson who also happens to be one of the best ground fighting/submission coachs/trainers out there. My Sifu (Chinese for teacher) learned some of his groundfighting curriculum from Paulson. He obviously then passed those techniques on to me. One of those techniques is the one Lesnar won with. The Arm Triangle. The manner of Lesnar's victory was absolutely no surprise to me.

Come on dude, you picked Shane Carwin to win by KO. You can't seriously say with a straight face that you weren't surprised by Brock's victory.

Post #17   7/17/10 5:16:50PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2