Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Chris Lytle Gets His UFC 116 Bonus

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Following the UFC 116 event on July 3, UFC president Dana White said, “We’re writing some (expletive) checks tonight. We’re writing checks, more than what you heard here tonight. Guys are going to get well taken care of.” And one of those bonus checks has made its way to Chris Lytle according to his manager, Ken Pavia. “The bonus of the night was $75,000. It wasn’t near that, but it was still significant. It was more than a mere token, so we‘re very happy about that.” Pavia told MMAWeekly Radio. “They took care of him. They gave him a nice chunk.
“They’ve been good to Chris, and Chris has made a lot of money. I would venture to say one of the top ten in the UFC by virtue of his bonuses,” added Pavia. “He was not unhappy.”

Article

Post #1   7/16/10 12:32:32PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I doubt he's top 10 UFC money. Maybe by disclosed payment amounts but no way by PPV revenue, etc. Brock probably made more in his first two UFC fights than Lytle has over his last 10 fights.

I'm still disappointed that they would value a muscled in side choke over that amazing stunt pulled off by Lytle.

Post #2   7/16/10 12:38:14PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I doubt he's top 10 UFC money. Maybe by disclosed payment amounts but no way by PPV revenue, etc. Brock probably made more in his first two UFC fights than Lytle has over his last 10 fights.

I'm still disappointed that they would value a muscled in side choke over that amazing stunt pulled off by Lytle.

I thought Leben's triangle choke was worthy of consideration as well. Brock doesn't need the money. They really should have given it to one of these other guys.

Post #3   7/16/10 12:46:11PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Although one can argue that nobody really expected Brock to win by submission, let alone an arm triangle.

Post #4   7/16/10 1:16:03PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by DCRage

Although one can argue that nobody really expected Brock to win by submission, let alone an arm triangle.

I understand that argument, but I can make the same argument that no one expected Chris Leben to win by triangle choke from guard.

Post #5   7/16/10 1:22:08PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I doubt he's top 10 UFC money. Maybe by disclosed payment amounts but no way by PPV revenue, etc.

i think i might disagree here, because i dont think too many guys are getting ppv cuts. i dont have the bonus figures in front of me and im too lazy to look them up, but as often as lytle fights, and as many of his fights result in bonus checks, i would think that he is in the top 10 in earnings. my buddies and i were actully discussing that after 116 because i figured he was going to get another bonus check right after the fight ended. i might be wrong though, i have nothing to back it up, its just my guess.

Post #6   7/16/10 1:22:24PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,556-1,465
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by RyanC

Posted by DCRage

I understand that argument, but I can make the same argument that no one expected Chris Leben to win by triangle choke from guard.

you right

Post #7   7/16/10 1:22:57PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by RyanC

Posted by DCRage

you right

The other thing I was just thinking is that Leben was probably seconds away from losing that fight had he not pulled that choke out of nowhere. Leben did get a FOTN bonus so it's not like he didn't get paid, but my argument is still the same as far as SOTN is concerned.

Post #8   7/16/10 1:32:08PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
this guy deserved it for sure. Chris has put a lot of miles on in the octagon and the UFC has benefieted from all of his fights(in entertainment value) And I am glad to see that he got the bonus.

Post #9   7/16/10 1:32:30PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Lytle deserves to be well paid. He's consistently been an exciting fighter. I still remember his post TUF Comeback fight against Robbie Lawler. Man that fight was a war.

Post #10   7/16/10 2:08:36PM   

Edwards

Standup Guy

Edwards Avatar

Career:2,464-1,308
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
no doubt lytle's sub was amazing and thats the 2nd time he pulled that off i believe,brock and leben were shocking wins by sub but not sub of the night IMO

Post #11   7/16/10 3:23:42PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Brock Lesnar did more than squeeze Carwin's head, he used beautiful technique as well. No amount of hating on Lesnar will change that. Lytle's sub deserved the award though.

Post #12   7/16/10 3:56:07PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Posted by Jackelope

Brock Lesnar did more than squeeze Carwin's head, he used beautiful technique as well. No amount of hating on Lesnar will change that. Lytle's sub deserved the award though.

no, lesnar pretty much just squeezed. im no hater, but there was very little technique. his arms and shoulder were improperly placed. The reason he got that choke was a combination of fatigue on the part of Shane and strength on the part of Lesnar.

That choke wouldn't have finished the fight in the first round and it never would have finished the fight if they were 170lbs fighters.

Post #13   7/16/10 4:16:37PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by RyanC

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by RyanC

Posted by DCRage

you right

The other thing I was just thinking is that Leben was probably seconds away from losing that fight had he not pulled that choke out of nowhere. Leben did get a FOTN bonus so it's not like he didn't get paid, but my argument is still the same as far as SOTN is concerned.

IMO, Brock's sub was more impressive for a few reasons.
-Leben is a crafty vet who has been in plenty of situations, even though it was unexpected, I would never put it past Leben to pull off a sub
-Leben may have been a few seconds away from losing a decision, but Brock was just on the receiving end of a 10-8 beatdown.
-Brock gave up full mount in pursue of a sub... Seriously though a guy who is known for his control and GnP gave up one of the most dominant positions to attempt a Sub, something he has never done before.

but really though now were just splitting hairs pretty much every performance that night deserved a little extra

Post #14   7/16/10 6:24:50PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I'm not going to criticize Brock's technique per se because CArwin was defending the choke. That being said, Lytle had the nicer transition into the sub than the other two.

Post #15   7/16/10 9:50:43PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2