Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Benson Henderson needs to be in the UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
WTF is he doing not in the UFC?

Post #1   7/15/10 7:25:04PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
He's in the WEC. Champions Clause too, so i dont think he could leave if he wanted too.

Also, has anyone from the WEC's LW division transferred over to the UFC?

Post #2   7/15/10 7:28:11PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
I disagree. Ben-Hen is good but he needs a couple defenses before he moves up. He wouldn't even be middle of the pack in the UFC. He's really good, it's just that much tougher.

Post #3   7/15/10 7:34:30PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,510-1,592
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
So should about 5 others from the WEC LW Divs, and almost all of the BW div too IMO.

Post #4   7/15/10 8:15:06PM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,370-793
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
I think they got a good group at 155 but honestly speaking, none of them are on the same level as Penn, Edgar, Maynard, Florian, Sotiropoulous, Dunham, Escudero, Stevenson, Guida, Griffin, Sherk, Guillard, do I really need to go on any further. The WEC puts on very good fights at 155 but the UFC has 10-15 guys that would defeat Henderson or his WEC counterparts on a consistent basis, and I'm not saying Henderson doesn't have a future in the UFC, I'm just saying he's got a ways to go because he's not physically strong enough to win consistently in the UFC yet.

Post #5   7/15/10 9:51:51PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,782-1,124
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
dude has already cleaned out the WEC 155ers and the way he took out cowboy dude would do good in the UFC

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #6   7/16/10 12:29:13PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I still think that early next year the lightweight division will fold into ufc
He should face winner of roller/pettis at year end. Probably a pay per view

Post #7   7/18/10 9:24:45AM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
He wouldn't be middle of the pack? Your insane.

Ben Henderson is very very very physically strong, and big. I'd honestly pick him to beat everyone on your list but Penn right now.

Last edited 7/19/10 8:26PM server time by MMA-San
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #8   7/19/10 8:24:16PM   

DosBox

MMA Regular

DosBox Avatar

Career:906-530
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

He wouldn't be middle of the pack? Your insane.

Ben Henderson is very very very physically strong, and big. I'd honestly pick him to beat everyone on your list but Penn right now.

Wow.
I admit I think I have underestimated Benson in the past, and is good enough to compete in the UFC - but LW's with good TDD eat up Benson. I think he would be middle of the pack and could win more than loses if the matchups are right (but nothing really wrong with middle of the pack).

I see him beating strikers with decent wrestling/gg like Stout, Fisher, Siver, Etim, Ludwig, Taylor, etc.. I dont think he defeats strong grapplers like Tibau, Bocek, Jim Miller, Dos Anjos, Sotiropoulous, (I'd favor Jacob Volkmann over Henderson) - especially since they actually have cardio to go 3 rounds unlike Jamie Varner (who IMO has the skills but not the gas tank to be in the top of the heap).
He doesnt really have a good chance against strong wrestlers with TD defense + cardio (Maynard, Edgar, Sherk, Tibau)

I think he could rank in the division similar to where Kurt Pellegrino (which would be a good fight though) is at, and I use that as a compliment. He has the resume to compete and do good in the UFC, I just dont know if he can take people down consistently (people with TDD, and not Cerrone).

He deserves to be there, I just dont think he'll make a run for the title - he is relatively young so he still has a lot of time to improve his skills.
He could win more than he loses if the matchups are right

Post #9   7/20/10 2:50:27PM