Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama On Tap For London

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
Akiyama had Leben stunned so i think he will ko Bisping. Akiyama 3rnd KO.

Post #16   7/9/10 6:48:42PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
This event is free on spike
A week later will be ufc 121 in anheim

Dana still owes us, what is with a big marquee match up

I wanted bisping vs belfort

I have no clue who takes this

Post #17   7/9/10 7:28:38PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:

Posted by ChokeUout

Other than being British, I don't see what the UFC sees in Bisping

Thats it! Flat out! He is a huge draw in the UK. And he is a decent fighter but in now way is he or Akiyama a headliner at the moment. Maybe, Maybe the co- main event in Britan but!?!?!? As the fight goes, I'll take Akiyama in a UD. Ohh and I hope to hell it goes that way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #18   7/9/10 7:40:16PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I don't care for Bisping. I don't like him after TUF (his attitude), and think his style is played out and boring. I don't think many fans in America want Bisping to be the main event, especially if its with Akiy coming off an L. Although I feel they are well matched, this seems like a bad choice for a main event style wise. Each fighter will take turns circling for 3 rds, and I bet no action and it will go to a decision.

The choices are slim though, lots of MW's are beating each other leaving a lack of fighters with winning records.
Since Vitor(top dawg) hasnt fought at mw in the UFC, he would be more exciting, but i think they dont want Bispings head knocked off his body and landing in the audience before they can secure him a title shot.

Last edited 7/10/10 11:07AM server time by icantthinkofanything
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   7/10/10 10:58:28AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
I can't wait for John Hathaway to get another couple of wins so he can start headlining the UK events. John is the biggest prospect out of our country imo and I would put Bisping at no3 in the UK behind Hardy and Hathaway in terms of potential.

Close fight this one Bisping does have good TD defense and doesn't take much damage when on his back. Split decision either way I think.

Post #20   7/10/10 2:16:32PM   

ziegler3334

Standup Guy

ziegler3334 Avatar

Career:547-284
Chips:
I understand this will be free on spike, but it is such a weak main event. I think it tops Sanchez/Stevenson and Bisping/Leben from recent years as the weakest they have had for a "UFC" and not a Fight Night.

And I hope this isn't how Dana is paying us back for Abu Dhabi.

Forgetting it's the main event tho, this is an intriguing match up. Akiyama really needs a good win in the UFC still, and I think this will be it, UD tho.

Post #21   7/10/10 3:46:34PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2