Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor Planning SF Return By November, M-1 Wants Werdum Rematch

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
And according to Vadim Finkelchtein, if SF wants to keep Fedor around they'll make that rematch happen. "We are ready to fight against anyone, but everyone agrees that the most interesting fight right now is the rematch against Fabricio Werdum. We have one fight left on our contract, so if Strikeforce want to extend it – they should listen to our opinion. Fedor will fight again sometime between October and November. I’ll repeat that again: the only thing fans want to see is Fedor vs Werdum II. Fabricio himself said that he would like to rematch Fedor in Russia. It’s great, but this fight will not happen in Russia ... I can really feel that the rating makers on the US websites really wanted Fedor Emelianenko to suffer from his first 'real' defeat. They now have Fedor in third Place, and the first is Brock Lesnar. Question: Who’s Brock Lesnar? He has only five professional fights, and one defeat. He is a marketable fighter because of his WWE past. They sell-out 60,000 stadiums for that crap, which no one would even consider watching in Russia. That’s why Brock Lesnar is popular. As for Fedor, he is not a marketable fighter – he’s just the best. He destroyed everyone during 10 years. He has 31 victories."

Article

Post #1   7/7/10 10:33:57AM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
If anyone deserves a rematch after a decisive lost it's Fedor. Is it fair to Werdum? Probably not but can you imagine if he beats Fedor twice?

Post #2   7/7/10 11:02:33AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
"We have one fight left on our contract, so if Strikeforce want to extend it – they should listen to our opinion"

That's why there is going to be a rematch.

I know me as a fan I dont want to see a rematch at least so soon, not like it was a controversial fight. I'd rather see Werdum vs Overeem.

Post #3   7/7/10 11:28:08AM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

"We have one fight left on our contract, so if Strikeforce want to extend it – they should listen to our opinion"

That's why there is going to be a rematch.

I know me as a fan I dont want to see a rematch at least so soon, not like it was a controversial fight. I'd rather see Werdum vs Overeem.

yeah, i'd rather see werdum fight overeem and fedor fight someone else that is working their way toward a shot.
They can fight again sometime down the line. If werdum keeps winning and fedor rebounds as expected they could really build up the rematch.

If m1 decides to leave that's on them. The loss to Werdum should be enough to keep Fedor there in my opinion. I think Fedor would want to stay in order to get that shot and if i'm running things and strikeforce I wouldn't want him to get an immediate rematch partially because of that.

Last edited 7/7/10 5:14PM server time by maxone
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #4   7/7/10 12:34:21PM   

Frost_777

MMA Regular

Frost_777 Avatar

Career:1,013-706
Camp: TKO
Chips:
See the reason why they want a rematch right now is for relevance reasons, if werdum goes and fights overeem and gets knocked out then there is no relevance in fedor fighting werdum again, at least now there is the question of wether it was a fluke or if werdum is the one who has fedor's number. I would honestly like to see the rematch more than anything else strikeforce has to offer. and p.s. i really am not feeling the brock lesnar hype either especially after he got mangled by carwin.

Post #5   7/7/10 2:59:47PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
I wanna see Fedor vs Overeem more than the rematch vs Werdum. Brock has few fights, and I was once a hater but the guy is number 1 HW right now imo.

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #6   7/7/10 3:12:17PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:

We have one fight left on our contract, so if Strikeforce want to extend it – they should listen to our opinion

So basically do as we say of Fedor leaves! I hate this dude!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #7   7/7/10 4:54:02PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
hanging on to fedor is really important but if they are going to give him the fight he wants in order to hang on to him then they need to have an official agreement in place before he gets his rematch.

i personally would like to see strikeforce give werdum the shot at overeem.
if necessary make fedor wait and fight werdum after whether he wins or loses...then fedor (m1) gets his way and werdum gets the shot at the belt he deserves.

either way it can build up the rematch a little more and hopefully get more viewers next time.

Post #8   7/7/10 6:55:52PM   

TheGodfather1024

MMA Regular

TheGodfather1024 Avatar

Career:199-119
Chips:
if he beats fedor twice then i'll lose my mind

Post #9   7/7/10 9:13:31PM