Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC 116 Medical Suspensions

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
The NSAC has posted the official UFC 116 results on its website, which also reveal the medical suspensions coming out of the event. Of note with regards to a potential UFC Heavyweight Title fight as soon as September is that Brock Lesnar is suspended due to cuts, but for only 45 days with no contact for 30 days.

Article (PDF)

Post #1   7/6/10 8:23:03PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Wow, looks like the double hammerfist of doom broke Romero's jaw

You know what I thought while watching that fight? Big Nog. Seriously. That man took a beat down. We may be looking at the next truly great iron chin of MMA. Obviously Leben is more than likely the official title holder now, but this dude made a case for himself.

Post #2   7/6/10 8:31:56PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,226-867
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

You know what I thought while watching that fight? Big Nog. Seriously. That man took a beat down. We may be looking at the next truly great iron chin of MMA. Obviously Leben is more than likely the official title holder now, but this dude made a case for himself.

yeah Petruzelli put a beat down on that guy too bad he couldnt pull out the W.

Tuchscherer with hearing loss in one ear, is that common?

Last edited 7/7/10 12:10AM server time by rearnakedjoke
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   7/7/10 12:07:18AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by RearNakedJoke

He could have taken one right on the ear or mastoid process. I'd say it's probably more precautionary than anything but there is always the chance of a ruptured ear drum as a result of trauma to that area. That would suck hardcore for him if he did bust his ear drum.

Post #4   7/7/10 12:22:57AM   

Svartorm

Hammer of the Gods

Svartorm Avatar

Career:2,077-1,253
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

The thing is, getting your jaw busted doesn't help your ability to take punishment, and Petruzelli is hardly the best puncher in the division. I don't think we'll be seeing many good things out of Romero.

DREAM 1 - 2nd in Pts
Cage Rage 23 - 6th in Pts
Secondary League Season 3 - 12th in Pts
Secondary League Season 7 - 16th in Wagers
Primary League Season 7 - 26th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 6 - 30th in Pts
Secondary League Season 1 - 31st in Pts
Primary League Season 6 - 39th in Wagers
Secondary League Season 7 - 41st in Pts

Post #5   7/7/10 12:47:09AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by Jackelope

The thing is, getting your jaw busted doesn't help your ability to take punishment, and Petruzelli is hardly the best puncher in the division. I don't think we'll be seeing many good things out of Romero.

We'll have to disagree on this one. I'd say some of those punches and kicks would have KO'd or at least severely rocked more than half the LHW's out there in the UFC. I give Romero a lot of credit for his chin.

Also it should be noted that I'm saying the next iron chin. I was in no way comparing his skills to those of Big Nog

Post #6   7/7/10 1:44:40AM   

DJSyko

MMA Regular

DJSyko Avatar

Career:1,231-718
Chips:
So what happened to Carwin? why has he got a 2 month suspension, other than him gassing pretty bad i never seen or noticed any damage to him at all. Did his heart explode or something?

Looks like Krysztof dislocated his thumb or something also.

Last edited 7/7/10 6:44AM server time by DJSyko
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   7/7/10 6:41:14AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Precautionary reasons. Whenever no reason or injury is listed that's usually what it's for.

Post #8   7/7/10 6:55:54AM   

mshalosky

Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar

Career:362-216
Chips:

Posted by RearNakedJoke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He could have taken one right on the ear or mastoid process. I'd say it's probably more precautionary than anything but there is always the chance of a ruptured ear drum as a result of trauma to that area. That would suck hardcore for him if he did bust his ear drum.

It probably is a ruptured eardrum. I ruptured mine about 2 months a go when I dove for a loose ball while playing Basketball and took a knee to the ear. Which is kinda ironic because I take MMA classes 5 days a week and I have never had any major injuries. But anyways, It only takes about 10 days to heal with meds, unless its very serious then minor surgery can fix the drum. It is very easy to rupture it and any hard shot directly to the ear can do it. Im actually surprised we dont see it more in MMA/Boxing.

Post #9   7/7/10 9:18:45AM   

BigIP

Standup Guy

BigIP Avatar

Career:43-35
Chips:
Why is Carwin's suspension longer than Brock's? Carwin did no have a scratch on him.

Post #10   7/7/10 10:03:21AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,126-876
Chips:
carwin mentioned he could barely stand for the 2nd round something was wrong with his legs......thats prolly why.

Post #11   7/7/10 10:41:17AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mshalosky

Posted by RearNakedJoke

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It probably is a ruptured eardrum. I ruptured mine about 2 months a go when I dove for a loose ball while playing Basketball and took a knee to the ear. Which is kinda ironic because I take MMA classes 5 days a week and I have never had any major injuries. But anyways, It only takes about 10 days to heal with meds, unless its very serious then minor surgery can fix the drum. It is very easy to rupture it and any hard shot directly to the ear can do it. Im actually surprised we dont see it more in MMA/Boxing.

Ahh I didn't realize it could be such a minor recovery period.

When I was in Iraq we had a lot of guys rupture their ear drums for this reason or that, but it was always a long process for them to get back to normal. Obviously the two are quite different but based on that I had assumed all ruptured ear drums were several months worth of recovery.

Post #12   7/7/10 11:33:00AM