Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Something I've Always Wondered About Joe Rogan

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

Think Dennis Miller. I mentioned this in another thread....I was watching the Joe Rogan podcast the other day and he started the show talking about how great the Fleshlight is. Granted very funny and informative but maybe not what I see as the perfect thing for one of the faces of mma to be talking about. Or how about when "The Voice" Screams in the middle of a fight oh hes taking more shots to the face then Jenna Haze in a Bukkaie video. Funny but maybe not what we need to hear in the middle of a fight.

His podcast has been sponsored by the fleshlight for several weeks now...and what's funny is he's actually contractually obligated to talk about the fleshlight at the beginning and end of each podcast

Maybe not the best sponser.

Post #16   7/6/10 4:24:13PM   

BeeR

MMA Sensei

BeeR Avatar

Career:681-411
Chips:
Parents shouldnt let their young children watch the UFC so late at night anyway, especially when DW is on camera

Post #17   7/6/10 5:17:45PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

I've never once heard Dana White drop an F bomb at a televised event. On the internet, yes. However, you and I (internet MMA nerds) are in the minority. We see things that most fans don't.

On TUF, it's bleeped out.

The sport itself is begging for acceptance as is. People cried about Lesnar wanting to go home and "climb on top" of his wife...you don't think think there would be a fuss if Rogan is telling raunchy jokes when he should be educating the uneducated with his commentary? If we want the sport to be legit and respected, foul mouthed commentary isn't the way to go.

I have no problem with the way Rogan is now. I just don't think there's a need for any more of his comedy routine while he's supposed to be talking MMA.

Dana doesn't generally speak during their events but as soon as it's over he lets the swear words fly. I mean, I get that it's bleeped out on TUF, I'm sure that has EVERYTHING to do with FCC guidelines and less to do with the fact that Dana cares so much he has it bleeped out. That's not really a fair comparison. You CAN'T swear on cable TV.

Post #18   7/6/10 6:35:34PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Dana doesn't generally speak during their events but as soon as it's over he lets the swear words fly.

And that's the way it should be. There's no need to dumb the sport down with pointless profanity.

Post #19   7/6/10 6:46:23PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,617-1,666
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
The more you all post Rogan's funny comments the more i love him...goats vag, ice bag, bukakke vid....priceless....I hear the whole parents acceptance thing with kids and all, but my kids know better and I think that maybe I am just cursed with good parenting skills. My kids (and all) should in this modern era know the difference between TV and real life rules.

Post #20   7/7/10 1:04:28AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by jae_1833

The more you all post Rogan's funny comments the more i love him...goats vag, ice bag, bukakke vid....priceless....I hear the whole parents acceptance thing with kids and all, but my kids know better and I think that maybe I am just cursed with good parenting skills. My kids (and all) should in this modern era know the difference between TV and real life rules.

If you're cursing, it's not good parenting, Jae I keed, I keed

Post #21   7/7/10 1:06:51AM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,543-899
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think Joe is funny enough as it is. I agree with Fleek on this one. Why add swear words? Does that make him funnier?

I for one don't like when comedians swear every other word. I think if you're truly funny you can let your wit do the work. Joe Rogan has enough wit and spontaneity to carry him with out the F'bomb.

For guys like us, if you want that, go watch his blogs or his stand up.

Post #22   7/7/10 1:44:35AM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
I actually like that fact that Joe takes MMA seriously enough to leave out the comedy stuff. He is FUNNY AS HELL the way he is, just being Joe. His back and forth/contradicting with Goldie being a retard is funny enough. I feel that if the UFC would let him go off, it would dilute the comentary. Just my 2 cents

Last edited 7/10/10 9:18PM server time by bustedknuckle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   7/10/10 9:17:01PM   

Focker101

MMA Regular

Focker101 Avatar

Career:1,394-777
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

This is the same organization we're talking about, right? Dana White uses the F bomb likes it's not going to be around any longer if he doesn't keep using it. If these same parents haven't stopped their children from watching UFC because of Dana's comments and TUF, I doubt Rogan's occasional swearing would be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Any parent properly doing their job of knowing what their children are watching would already know about Dana's notoriously foul mouth. I doubt this would have the impact you're predicting. If the parent doesn't care enough to research what their children are watching or knows and doesn't mind the present product, I don't think this will put them over the edge.

I've never once heard Dana White drop an F bomb at a televised event. On the internet, yes. However, you and I (internet MMA nerds) are in the minority. We see things that most fans don't.

On TUF, it's bleeped out.

The sport itself is begging for acceptance as is. People cried about Lesnar wanting to go home and "climb on top" of his wife...you don't think think there would be a fuss if Rogan is telling raunchy jokes when he should be educating the uneducated with his commentary? If we want the sport to be legit and respected, foul mouthed commentary isn't the way to go.

I have no problem with the way Rogan is now. I just don't think there's a need for any more of his comedy routine while he's supposed to be talking MMA.

Emfleek I could not agree with this post more, He has a job to do while commentating and standup is just not part of it

Remember when Tyson told the guy I am going to **** you till you love me
I found it funny but it was totally uncalled for and it caused a lot of issues for boxing and Tyson

as for Dana backing off his usual vocabulary, I would bet it had a lot to do with the whole Loretta Hunt episode , now imagine if you took the leash of Rogan and let him say anything.
How many of his comments could be taken out of context and enrage political groups all over the country...

I think the lack of standup from Joe is not accidental I believe it is a well thought out plan

Post #24   8/18/10 12:21:09PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
He was on Fighting Words on HDNet and is was the worst interview I have ever seen. Cussing just for the sake of cussing brings nothing to the table and that's what Joe was doing. Straka asked him about Fedor and Joe's reply, "He's a f***king beast. He f***king destroys people. He f***king goes and goes and goes. A f***king beast I tell ya."

My favorite by him is "HE'S GOT IT IN DEEP." Then the guy escapes. I wish they would get rid of him and Goldy, you know the guy that looks at Joe with just pure love in his eyes. Down my way there is nobody that likes either of those two

Last edited 8/25/10 12:49AM server time by zephead
Edit note/reason: n/a

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #25   8/23/10 5:20:14PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,304-1,218
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I love Rogan both as a commentator and a comedian, personally. I also believe (as illustrated in this thread) that commentating and comedy should be done seperately.

Post #26   8/24/10 8:41:32AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2