Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

brock lesnar...

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
AV Bet??? I've never done one and this seems like a great opportunity

Post #16   7/4/10 7:55:00PM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
I am just shocked that Brock subbed someone! That means he is showing improvement and that is scary!

Post #17   7/4/10 8:08:16PM   

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Brock will beat Cain. In the heavyweight divsion...size absolutely matters, especially while going up against a 290+ lb. fighter with incredible athleticism.

Post #18   7/4/10 8:11:23PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by sclasclemski

AV Bet??? I've never done one and this seems like a great opportunity

Oh I'm so down as soon as they put it up

Post #19   7/4/10 8:18:23PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Chips:
sweet, I'm gonna need some help out there from someone after I win to make you a sweet Avatar....

Post #20   7/4/10 8:19:12PM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
Absolutely love the guy.

Post #21   7/4/10 8:19:23PM   

KronicBuboniK

Learning to Sprawl

Career:62-35
Chips:
People seem to think that Brock is unstoppable... Cain can definitely beat him, and I think he will. Brock doesn't have very good standup; His goal is to take you down and beat you up, and he is good at that. However, Cain has the advantage standing up, and he can wrestle with the best of them.

Post #22   7/5/10 12:50:28AM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Chips:
I think Saturday night proved that Brock is anything but unstoppable..if Shane had been a little more calculated with his ground and pound that fight would have gone the other way. However I think that Brock improve's so much in between his fights and (assuming he's not too arrogant) he will do alot to tighten up his striking before his next fight.

Post #23   7/5/10 8:50:48AM   

Violence108

Standup Guy

Violence108 Avatar

Career:629-417
Camp: Wolfpack Crew
Chips:
Brock really impressed me i thought he was done before fight and after the 1st round i knew he was done, then he comes back and subs the guy, Brock dersevers to be the Champion thats for shure

Post #24   7/5/10 8:55:07AM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i 100% agree. it's almost like his illness gave him a brand new perspective on life. that, or maybe training with Randy taught him how to be more humble. great performance and great respect shown by Brock. he really has to work on his striking, but idk if there is a HW who can defend his TDs for 5 rounds

That's an understatement. Lesnar was straight-up running from Carwin's hands.

Velasquez is going to beat him up.

Valesquez doesn't even come close to the power Shane Carwin has. Cain may have excellent technique, but if they have no sting to them it won't matter. Like throwing rocks at a tank.....

Post #25   7/5/10 11:27:18AM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Chips:

Posted by KronicBuboniK

People seem to think that Brock is unstoppable... Cain can definitely beat him, and I think he will. Brock doesn't have very good standup; His goal is to take you down and beat you up, and he is good at that. However, Cain has the advantage standing up, and he can wrestle with the best of them.

Carwin is a better wrestler than Velasquez; he's bigger and stronger too and Brock took him down at will and even full mounted him. Brock will throw Velasquez around like a rag doll.

Post #26   7/5/10 11:30:45AM   

Cdellorso

In Full Mount

Cdellorso Avatar

Career:647-447
Camp: Wild Wind
Chips:

Posted by sclasclemski

I have already mentioned that I know Cain's standup is way better but I dont think his power is even in the same stratosphere as Carwins...despite knocking out Nog...Frank knocked out Nog and has better striking than Brock but he couldn't KO Brock..I'm not counting Cain out but just think how much more improvement Brock will show in his next fight.

look up Mir VS Nelson yes big roy is a better wreslter than frank Mir Thats his weakness...Brock won a wrestling title however he was not as good as he gives himself credit for.
He is one hell of an athelete but is outwrestled even by smaller guys like Kurt angle Randy couture (obviously) probably Cain and we only saw him stuff the one attempt very easily, but Carwin won the wrestling.( id love to see some wrestling matches with Brock VS fill in the above )

and JD aka mr freeze... at will may be an overstatement...

Last edited 7/5/10 8:48PM server time by CDellorso
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #27   7/5/10 8:45:42PM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Cdellorso

Posted by sclasclemski

I have already mentioned that I know Cain's standup is way better but I dont think his power is even in the same stratosphere as Carwins...despite knocking out Nog...Frank knocked out Nog and has better striking than Brock but he couldn't KO Brock..I'm not counting Cain out but just think how much more improvement Brock will show in his next fight.

look up Mir VS Nelson yes big roy is a better wreslter than frank Mir Thats his weakness...Brock won a wrestling title however he was not as good as he gives himself credit for.
He is one hell of an athelete but is outwrestled even by smaller guys like Kurt angle Randy couture (obviously) probably Cain and we only saw him stuff the one attempt very easily, but Carwin won the wrestling.( id love to see some wrestling matches with Brock VS fill in the above )

and JD aka mr freeze... at will may be an overstatement...

Yeah I watched the fight again this morning, you're right it is an overstatement. Brock only took him down once or twice and one of them Carwin got back up from.

Post #28   7/5/10 11:08:02PM   

KronicBuboniK

Learning to Sprawl

Career:62-35
Chips:

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by KronicBuboniK

Carwin is a better wrestler than Velasquez; he's bigger and stronger too and Brock took him down at will and even full mounted him. Brock will throw Velasquez around like a rag doll.

Cain is also a lot faster than Carwin, and won't gas nearly as quick.

Post #29   7/6/10 12:57:07AM   

tec52

Learning to Sprawl

tec52 Avatar

Career:81-84
Camp: Str8 Mobbin
Chips:

Posted by lohmann

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

i 100% agree. it's almost like his illness gave him a brand new perspective on life. that, or maybe training with Randy taught him how to be more humble. great performance and great respect shown by Brock. he really has to work on his striking, but idk if there is a HW who can defend his TDs for 5 rounds

That's an understatement. Lesnar was straight-up running from Carwin's hands.

Velasquez is going to beat him up.

Lesnar will defeat Cain relatively easy. Cain doesn't have the power of Carwin and Lesnar will overpower him and finish him off. Cain's been taken down before, when Lesnar does it he's done.

Post #30   7/6/10 11:03:09PM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3