Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

More on Singer vs. Masterson

Print  
Posted By Message

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:
link

I believe this fight has less to do with Singer or Masterson and more to do with another evolution that has to happen in MMA: the development of acceptable scoring criteria. When you combine different sports into one as is the case with MMA, you also import the different scoring criteria and values that underwrite them from each sport. Unfortunately, sometimes those different criteria either conflict or confuse the process.

Post #1   4/18/07 2:38:59PM   

BigWilly

Learning to Sprawl

BigWilly Avatar

Career:98-62
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
Are you suggesting that Masterson should have one the fight? if you are, what makes you believe that?... im curious... cause from the looks of it to me he was getting picked apart on the feet and did hardly anything on the ground... maybe i missed something and need to watch the fight again...? or maybe im missunderstanding ur post...

Post #2   4/18/07 3:34:43PM   

nellyhiphophead

In Full Mount

nellyhiphophead Avatar

Career:917-475
Camp: nelson top team
Chips:
masterson didn't win that fight in my mind 29-28 for singer in my mind.

Post #3   4/18/07 4:04:32PM   

titlefight

Learning to Sprawl

titlefight Avatar

Career:1,451-853
Camp: War Room Warriors
Chips:
Not to mention you bring in diffrent personalities and maturity levels.....meaning in a fight this close, no one should be bitching as loud as Masterson!!

Its not like it was clear cut or anything....you fought to a stand still and didn't get the nod........Grow up, train harder, and get over it!!!!!!!!!!!

Am i wrong?

Post #4   4/18/07 7:07:00PM   

disorderlyvision

Respect the Battle Axe

disorderlyvision Avatar

Career:1,622-1,122
Chips:

Posted by BigWilly

Are you suggesting that Masterson should have one the fight? if you are, what makes you believe that?... im curious... cause from the looks of it to me he was getting picked apart on the feet and did hardly anything on the ground... maybe i missed something and need to watch the fight again...? or maybe im missunderstanding ur post...

i just quoted what the article said. i don't have an opinion on the fight.

Post #5   4/19/07 11:46:05AM   

liverkick

Learning to Sprawl

liverkick Avatar

Career:90-72
Camp: Globo Gym Purple Cobras
Chips:
I would give the fight to Singer. He was much more effective striking in rounds 1 and 2. Masterson did almost nothing on the ground. He didn't strike, go for subs, or try to improve position. Singers ground work wasn't very effective either but at least he attempted subs and worked for better position when he was on top instead of just laying there. I'd give Masterson the edge in striking in round 3 but only slightly. Still Singers win in my opinion, but a close fight.

Post #6   4/19/07 2:46:43PM