Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

You're Going To See Brock Lesnar Knocked Out On The Canvas

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

One thing about Carwin people seem to be forgetting is that if he gets top position on you then you're F'd. Joe Rogan said his quote about him feeling the GnP through the floor that one day but the truth is Carwin had been gaining top position and KTFO'ing people like that long before that match ever took place.

I honestly feel like Carwin's wrestling is being grossly underrated by a lot of fans. He built a career on securing dominant position and GnP'ing his way to victory. Granted he's never faced a wrestler of Brock's caliber, but to insinuate that his only shot at the W is by standing KO is a gross misunderstanding of what makes Shane Carwin the fighter he is.

Also- Gabe Gonzaga, despite his unwillingness to take opponents down, is one of the most dominant top position BJJ players out there. Carwin got back up with Gonzaga on top of him so I have faith that Lesnar holding him down isn't going to be quite as easy as some might think. Although I will admit Lesnar seems to have incredibly agile hips on top.

co-signed.

I do not understand why everyone keeps talking about Lesnar's wrestling being the x-factor in this match. Anyone that has ever listened to Carwin interviews ought to know that this is a man who is very much involved in greco roman/freestyle wrestling. He consistently coaches the sport at his alma mater and is very keen to what's going on in the world of wrestling. Carwin accomplished quite a bit in his college career. The same as Lesnar plus an additional runner-up.

I'm glad that you mentioned Carwin escaping Gonzaga's top game. It clearly illustrates that Carwin will not panic with even the best in the world on top of him. Yes, he got smashed in the face by Gonzaga but he never let that prevent him from sticking to his game plan and flipping the script on Gonzaga by knocking him out.

Lesnar hasn't shown that he can knock anyone out. He's landed about as flush of a shot as you can get on fighters and they still weren't knocked out. That same shot from Carwin has floored people. To be honest, I was less than impressed that Lesnar couldn't finish Herring.

Post #16   7/1/10 12:22:58AM   

Drudinh

MMA Sensei

Drudinh Avatar

Career:1,691-1,111
Chips:
Like this

Post #17   7/1/10 3:53:20AM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,596-987
Camp: FLBTV All-Stars
Chips:
something i havent heard anyone say is that carwin has a chance of subbing lesnar. carwin does have wins by some subs. seeing lesnar get subbed by carwin would make me **** but its not impossible.

btw... anyone noticed on the commercials they hype carwin as having all kos? lol thats ridiculous.

Post #18   7/1/10 4:05:25AM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:332-275
Camp: DGK
Chips:

Posted by hate4thestate

btw... anyone noticed on the commercials they hype carwin as having all kos? lol thats ridiculous.

haha! seriously! I thought it was funny but they might be talking about all his wins in the UFC. so much hype for this it almost makes me feel like this is going to suck some how. Every time something is built up this much it ends up being terrible.

Post #19   7/1/10 5:59:13AM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:
If you really look at this fight Carwin has more tools to win than Lesnar. Both can wrestle, both have a nice top game. Carwin however also has proven KO power, proven ability to get up of his back and much more experience in MMA. I know who I will be picking.

Post #20   7/1/10 8:40:02AM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

co-signed.

I do not understand why everyone keeps talking about Lesnar's wrestling being the x-factor in this match. Anyone that has ever listened to Carwin interviews ought to know that this is a man who is very much involved in greco roman/freestyle wrestling. He consistently coaches the sport at his alma mater and is very keen to what's going on in the world of wrestling. Carwin accomplished quite a bit in his college career. The same as Lesnar plus an additional runner-up.

I'm glad that you mentioned Carwin escaping Gonzaga's top game. It clearly illustrates that Carwin will not panic with even the best in the world on top of him. Yes, he got smashed in the face by Gonzaga but he never let that prevent him from sticking to his game plan and flipping the script on Gonzaga by knocking him out.

Lesnar hasn't shown that he can knock anyone out. He's landed about as flush of a shot as you can get on fighters and they still weren't knocked out. That same shot from Carwin has floored people. To be honest, I was less than impressed that Lesnar couldn't finish Herring.

Well with one single punch, Brock broke Heath Herrings Orbital socket and pretty much made Heath blind in that eye for the rest of the fight.
Brock even said his plan was never to finish him but to secure a decision victory.
Brock knocked Randy Couture silly with one punch to the side of his head and finished it with hammer fists.
Brock damn near smashed Mir's face in.
Brock clearly has the power to KO people, all he needs to work on is boxing technique to make those power punches land.

Post #21   7/1/10 12:28:41PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MisterFreeze

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

co-signed.

Well with one single punch, Brock broke Heath Herrings Orbital socket and pretty much made Heath blind in that eye for the rest of the fight.
Brock even said his plan was never to finish him but to secure a decision victory.
Brock knocked Randy Couture silly with one punch to the side of his head and finished it with hammer fists.
Brock clearly has the power to KO people, all he needs to work on is boxing technique to make those power punches land.

Where was the knock out in those any of those shots?

Post #22   7/1/10 3:15:30PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:332-275
Camp: DGK
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by MisterFreeze

Where was the knock out in those any of those shots?

for real?

I understand nit picking at everything and over exaggerating certain things but he did knock down Couture and, even if it was for a bit, put Mir to sleep. that fool went limp for a second when he had him against the cage.

seriously, Brock is bringing his A game to this fight. He tore him self down with this "illness" and rebuilt him self. He is going to come in to this fight leaner than before.... this is why I throw the BS flag on this "illness" seems like everything that Lesnar has done since his last fight with Mir has only worked in his favor.

This is going to be a good fight and arguing against Brocks KO power just because he hasn't knocked someone off his feet (unconscious) is pointless. if that fool flicked your nose your head would explode. They're big dudes that can KO people out... Can they knock out other tough fighters? I think he has shown that he can with the Couture fight and the Mir fight. If he would have hit Couture flush instead of the side of the head he would have been out.

Edit: it's like saying "Carwin can't break anyones arm because he hasn't done it yet."

Last edited 7/1/10 3:33PM server time by marcodgk
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #23   7/1/10 3:31:05PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Couture? That's not saying a lot for me. He's an aged fighter that's been knocked out plenty. My point here is that when Carwin hits you, it's the end. I don't care if Lesnar said he didn't want to finish Herring, that's not being smart in my book. You should ALWAYS look for the finish. Fact of the matter is that he beat on him for 3 straight rounds and was unable to to finish the fight. Mir took many many shots before "he went limp."

I'm not saying that I think any of this stuff IS going to happen, I am just saying that Lesnar hasn't shown me the brute force with his punches that Carwin has. It's not really a debate. Carwin has crumpled people with one shot, ending the fight. Lesnar hasn't done this yet. Sure, that one shot got him the GnP victory but Lesnar hasn't had one-hitter-quitters like Carwin. End of story.

Post #24   7/1/10 3:47:54PM   

flyingknee85

Learning to Sprawl

Career:97-80
Chips:
should brock end up out cold on the canvas, mir might run into the cage and t-bag him while he's down...

Last edited 7/3/10 5:49PM server time by flyingknee85
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #25   7/3/10 5:47:49PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2