Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Keith Jardine: I Can't Help But To Feel A Bit Like I'm Losing A Family

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
That was the reaction of "The Dean Of Mean" to the news of his UFC release last week in comments made on his website, KeithJardine.net. "Last week I was let go by the UFC. I was sad to get the news but it was expected. I've always been proud to be a UFC fighter and they have been real good to me. I can't help but to feel a bit like I'm losing a family. As for now, I'm more motivated than ever. I'm going to take a vacation for a week then get back to work. Already, there are a lot of offers for fights coming I'm. Some are exciting. Starting over doesn't sound so bad to me. Although my career is at a crossroads my story is only half written. I have a lot of fight left in me and I continue to improve with every fight. Anyway, I'm best when the chips are stacked against me and I will make it to the top. Thanks to all of my fans."

Article

Post #1   6/30/10 9:43:02AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,358-789
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
Jardine is too predictable. I think of him kind of like liddell in that even though he keeps losing he's not adapting. I know it's hard to change your fighting stance but he needs to do something to get a little head movement, he's open for a right straight or looping right hand for the majority of his fights. He might make it back to the UFC, but I don't think he'll ever be thought of as a contender like he was before the Jackson fight.

Post #2   6/30/10 11:11:50AM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:
I enjoy watching Jardine fight, but I understand why the UFC let him go. It's not profitable to hang on to guys who lose.

P.S. I can't stand Jardine's facial hair.... maybe if he shaves the UFC will call him back

Post #3   6/30/10 12:43:18PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
I wonder if Jardine signed with SF and then his contract was up with them if dana would let him come back to the ufc.

But anyways I see this as like being optioned to the minors in baseball, go fine tune your skills pick up some wins and get back on track and then be ready when the UFC wants you back.

Post #4   6/30/10 1:12:31PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
you'll be back Kieth.

Post #5   6/30/10 3:16:57PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:
Personally, I think this is the best thing that could have happened to him. I was never sold that he could wear the strap in the UFC. He could do that in SF. Their LHW pool isn't that deep and, even against King Mo, Jardine can't be counted out. He's got a track record for winning fights he's expected to lose. Plus, I think the ABSURD amount of difficult fights they gave him in the UFC will have him better prepared than anyone at LHW in Strikeforce.

Post #6   6/30/10 4:48:13PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Personally, I think this is the best thing that could have happened to him. I was never sold that he could wear the strap in the UFC. He could do that in SF. Their LHW pool isn't that deep and, even against King Mo, Jardine can't be counted out. He's got a track record for winning fights he's expected to lose. Plus, I think the ABSURD amount of difficult fights they gave him in the UFC will have him better prepared than anyone at LHW in Strikeforce.

It's absurd that the very top of the MMA world expects its fighters to fight difficult opponents?

Post #7   6/30/10 5:51:13PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai
It's absurd that the very top of the MMA world expects its fighters to fight difficult opponents?

Keith Jardine is the very top? I don't think anyone would disagree that Jardine got extremely tough fight after extremely tough fight. Outside of champions, I can't think of anyone that had to run the gauntlet that Keith Jardine had to run in the UFC. I mean, let's be real, that's some stiff competition. You know what I mean, dude.

Post #8   6/30/10 6:10:12PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Keith Jardine is the very top? I don't think anyone would disagree that Jardine got extremely tough fight after extremely tough fight. Outside of champions, I can't think of anyone that had to run the gauntlet that Keith Jardine had to run in the UFC. I mean, let's be real, that's some stiff competition. You know what I mean, dude.

People are in the UFC to fight the best, supposedly. Why would the level of the competition matter at that point?

Post #9   6/30/10 6:29:48PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Fighting the best is one thing. Fighting nothing but top 10 and ex champs is an entirely different story. I think you guys are taking this out of context here. My point is that he had a some very difficult fights during his tenure in the UFC (I never said it was a bad thing) and that it can only help him in SF or where ever he goes.

Post #10   6/30/10 6:37:10PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,495-875
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Fighting the best is one thing. Fighting nothing but top 10 and ex champs is an entirely different story. I think you guys are taking this out of context here. My point is that he had a some very difficult fights during his tenure in the UFC (I never said it was a bad thing) and that it can only help him in SF or where ever he goes.

I agree with what you're saying. I think these guys are just being hardheaded and argumentative.

Most fighters get an easy fight here or there. Even champions. GSP fought Matt Serra and Dan Hardy (not to take anything away from these fighters, but they were considerable underdogs.)

Kieth Jardine fought nothing but the top of the food chain and he never got a break. He was sort of throw to the wolves.

Stephan Bonnar- Was very highly thought of at the time. Jardine was supposed to lose and lost a very controversial decision.

Wilson Gouveia- A lot of people had high hopes for this guy, not an easy fight by any means.

This is where the hard part really started though.

Forrest Griffin, Chuck Liddell, Wandy, Rampage, Brandon Vera, Thiago Silva, Ryan Bader, Matt Hammil.

Other than Kerry Schall, Mike Whitehead, and Houston Alexander he fought stellar competition. He won several fights he was supposed to lose and was competitive in fights with Rampage, Hammil, and Bader.

Post #11   6/30/10 10:49:52PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
Thank you, I have no idea why people were turning this into something like that. Clearly this guy never got a break. for that post.

Post #12   7/1/10 12:04:10AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,668-1,480
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Yeah, I've always said that Jardine had one of the toughest UFC schedules aside from the champs. Yeah, every fight in the UFC will be tough, but his schedule was much tougher than most.

Post #13   7/1/10 12:07:50AM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
The guy needs to work on his striking defense for sure. His herky jerky style worked for a while....but watch enough film of him and it makes him kinda predictable. plus he has little in the way of head movment. I like the guy and hope he can get back in the UFC. Probably on short notice...but ?

Post #14   7/1/10 11:06:06PM