Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Undefeated Korean middleweight Dong Yi Yang inks deal with UFC

Print  
Posted By Message

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Career:1,279-810
Camp: JTV All-Stars
Chips:
Korean Top Team middleweight Dong Yi Yang (9-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) will soon make his debut for the UFC.

The world's biggest mixed martial arts promotion today announced that Yang is the newest member of its roster, and an announcement regarding the 27-year-old's debut first fight in the octagon will be announced at a later date.

Yang joins WEC featherweight Chan Sung Jung as Korean Top Team fighters currently under contract with Zuffa, LLC, the parent company for both the UFC and WEC.

LINK

Post #1   6/29/10 4:39:17PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:
i cant wait to see this guy fight. did he beat a heavyweight while fighting at middleweight?

edit: i found the fight of his where he was outweighed. Dong Yi Yang has apparently fought at 205. he did so when he fought Pawel Nastula who weighed 220. i got a link too. only fight of his i could find.

Dong Yi Yang vs Pawel Nastula

Last edited 6/29/10 5:16PM server time by hate4thestate
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #2   6/29/10 4:46:55PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
He didn't look all that impressive to me honestly. His wrestling looked pretty good, but his striking looked awful.

Post #3   6/29/10 8:40:11PM   

hate4thestate

In Full Mount

hate4thestate Avatar

Chips:

Posted by warglory

He didn't look all that impressive to me honestly. His wrestling looked pretty good, but his striking looked awful.

well who knows thats the only fight i can find and he seems to be a finisher mainly by tko. Maybe his GnP is exceptional. i have a feeling that fight isnt a good example especially cause he went up in weight against a bigger guy. But i imagine we shall see soon enough.

Post #4   6/29/10 8:46:03PM