Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Karlos Vemola vs Madsen

Print  
Posted By Message

RecklessIndifference

Learning to Sprawl

RecklessIndifference Avatar

Career:1,728-1,063
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
So what are his chances?

He looks like he just runs out of the gate, throws wild haymakers and when they turtle he gnp's or slaps on some half ass choke. He's at a pretty good camp, but that only takes you so far.

He try's a little too hard on the intimidation technique, and I'm not sure this kind of training Vemola Training will help when Madsen starts laying on top of him.

I'm thinking early stoppage by Vemola or the UD by Madsen, but havn't made a decision yet.

What are your opinions on this fight?

Post #1   6/29/10 2:19:59PM   

Wallass

MMA Sensei

Wallass Avatar

Career:2,253-1,327
Camp: Canada's Finest
Chips:
Early stoppage by Vermola!

Post #2   6/29/10 2:45:36PM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:779-547
Camp: TKO
Chips:
either Vemola wins in a minute or he tires and loses by decision.

Post #3   6/29/10 3:06:07PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,878-1,047
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Sounds like 11 points either way.

Post #4   6/29/10 3:23:33PM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Madsen will be Terminated.

Post #5   6/29/10 4:03:27PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,263-1,218
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think Vemola stares down Madsen and he verbally submits before the fight actually starts.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #6   6/29/10 5:49:32PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,436-1,301
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I got same results vemola by early tko or madsen by decision
Haven't picked but leaning toward the terminator

Post #7   6/30/10 2:09:00AM   

npayant

I've gained some weight...

npayant Avatar

Career:1,859-934
Chips:
Wow... just watched this fight. Not very exciting, as I expected. But, man, Vemola looked absolutely terrible!!! No gas tank whatsoever, telegraphed punches and pretty below average wrestling (especially for a supposed 6 time National Champ -albeit in the Czech Republic).

I'm sure glad I didn't fall for the little bit of hype that was starting to build for this guy with absolutely no experience versus anyone even halfway decent.

Madsen, on the other hand, is getting better and better. I'll never expect him to do much against the top competition at HW, but he could make some noise against a number of decent guys in the division.

I know one thing...if Vemola fights again in the UFC, I will never pick him (unless of course, they give him an absolute can with no wins that he can KO - which probably won't happen).

Post #8   7/6/10 6:48:11PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I haven't seen the fight vs. Madsen yet, but based on this video (which I never saw before I made my pick tbh) I would say that all a fighter has to do is either slip his right hand that he will throw first 99% guaranteed and counter with an OH right (if they're right handed) or shoot in on him with a blast double that knocks him on his ass.

I'm so surprised this guy has amassed the career he has based on this "technique". Which, in all reality, is nothing more than just straight intimidation and aggression. Really a testament to how weak the overseas competition is. No offense to those from other countries. The only decent technique I saw this guy display was a pretty slick mount from side control and a nice little knee tap he threw on a guy. But I mean... really? Really? This isn't a freaking dive bar brawl. Tank Abbott got his ass kicked and booted from the UFC a lonnnng time ago. No need to see the reboot. Especially an undersized one at HW.

Last edited 7/6/10 7:52PM server time by Jackelope
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #9   7/6/10 7:51:55PM   

Playground_Samurai

I EAT POOP

Playground_Samurai Avatar

Career:2,359-1,249
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:
First thing I thought when I seen his HL, was that he reminded me of James Thompson. I thought he would gas and Madsen would finish him somewhat early. I guess I overestimated Madsens finishing ability.

Last edited 7/6/10 8:06PM server time by gspfan
Edit note/reason: typo

Post #10   7/6/10 8:03:36PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
LOL I just watched most of the fight between Madsen and Vemola after I made my comment.

Every single time Vemola engaged the OH right to takedown was either the 1st or second part of his attack. Literally every. Single. Time.

I found it hilarious that on that hype video on youtube there were people saying he's literally the best fighter on the planet and that they should ship him into the UFC so he can beat on those "sissy American boys". Then, after the very first round was over Vemola is in the corner literally crying out "waaaahhh!" cuz he was so tired. Seriously, watch it. It's hilarious!

Yeah, welcome overseas and welcome to the UFC, Vemola.

Post #11   7/6/10 8:10:45PM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
Damn I havent seen the fight between these guys, but it doesnt sound good for either guy. Again I placed my confidence in a new guy. I realy thought Madsen was a one trick pony....and apparently he was. But he got the victory!! Not to bash but Anyone with a decent gas tank and whizzer/sprawl should beat John. In the HW division he is drawing short on guys to beat!!! Maybe if Anthony Perosh decides to stay at HW he could beat him. But guys like Browne, Duffee, Beltran. Would tank Madsen in 2nd/3rd rnd, when his "shot" is not nearly as explosive. I hate to say that about an american wrestler....but!!!!???

Last edited 7/7/10 8:38PM server time by bustedknuckle
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #12   7/7/10 8:37:07PM