Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Yoshihiro Akiyama Is Basically A Slower Version Of Aaron Simpson

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
So says his UFC 116 short-notice opponent, Chris Leben. "I think he’s basically a little slower version of the guy I just fought. He’s an awesome judo player, he’s got fast kicks, but I don’t think he’s got near the wrestling that Aaron Simpson has and I don’t think he’s got knockout power. But it’s a great fight and an opportunity I couldn’t pass up."

Article

Post #1   6/28/10 1:33:27PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:
I think Leben has every reason to be confident coming off of his victory over Simpson. His second weight cut in a month scares me a little bit, but I'm going to guess he wouldn't have taken this fight if he wasn't confident in his conditioning.

Post #2   6/28/10 1:57:25PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,000-1,115
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by RyanC

I think Leben has every reason to be confident coming off of his victory over Simpson. His second weight cut in a month scares me a little bit, but I'm going to guess he wouldn't have taken this fight if he wasn't confident in his conditioning.

he's right to be confident but IMO not right at all about making that assumption... looks like he's already looking past sexyama, which is i think a mistake on leben's part

Post #3   6/28/10 2:25:51PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by RyanC

he's right to be confident but IMO not right at all about making that assumption... looks like he's already looking past sexyama, which is i think a mistake on leben's part

You may very well be correct. If he is in fact taking Akiyama lightly he will more than likely pay for it. This could just be a very confident Chris Leben.

Post #4   6/28/10 3:18:17PM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
This headline makes a great point. stylistically they are wrestlers/grapplers with boxing. I think Aaron looked slower than usual in the Leben fight, and vs Lawler, he didnt look the same as he did vs Herman. I think all those guys should go back to Arizona combat to get their cardio back.

Post #5   6/28/10 4:25:13PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Akiyama and Simpson do almost nothing alike, in any area whatsoever.

Post #6   6/29/10 1:28:56AM