Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Will Dana White Give Fedor Emelianenko a UFC Contract?

Print  
Will Dana White Give Fedor Emelianenko a UFC Contract?
Yes 17 45%
No 12 32%
Only to see him lose again so he can claim UFC is da best 9 24%
To see Kimbo v. Fedor lol 0 0%
Posted By Message

SoulKeeper

Learning to Sprawl

SoulKeeper Avatar

Career:36-22
Chips:
After his upset loss (IMO cos alot of people seem to not think so.) to Werdum and the stripping of his rightfully P4P ranking will Dana White still pressure Fedor to join UFC

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1
Photo Attachment 2

Post #1   6/28/10 3:33:57AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Honestly, i think this is the only scenario where Fedor's managers have to ease up on their demands. They no longer have the product they once carried in terms of marketability and mystique.

I think the Ufc can gobble him up.

Post #2   6/28/10 4:54:36AM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:
After his next fight with Strikeforce his contract is up. However, remember what the UFC offered last time? (5 mil a fight, immediate title shot, he could wear all the M-1 logos he wanted, he could compete in Sambo, and M-1 gets a cut of the PPV with him and Brock)

If the UFC makes an offer, I doubt it'll even be a third of what they offered about this time last year.

It can happen, but Ths time Fedor, or more appropriately Vadim Finklestein,needs to be more reasonable with their demands

Last edited 6/28/10 2:55PM server time by ChokeUout
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   6/28/10 11:49:01AM   

TheGodfather1024

MMA Regular

TheGodfather1024 Avatar

Career:199-119
Chips:
he would be a fool not to

Post #4   6/28/10 8:26:18PM   

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
If they do decide to sign Fedor it will only be if Fedor wins his next fight, and if Fedor is hoping to take a major signing reduction than his last offer from the UFC, I also dont see dana offering him an imediate title shot but rather a shot against a top contender.

I think it really depends on if Fedor and his management want to sign a slightly worse contract offer, which I could see them doing if Fedor wants to prove hes the best in the HW division again, as the best are in the UFC.

Post #5   6/28/10 9:20:04PM   

Boston617808

MMA Regular

Boston617808 Avatar

Career:167-133
Camp: Team Boston
Chips:

Posted by Taylor8766

If they do decide to sign Fedor it will only be if Fedor wins his next fight, and if Fedor is hoping to take a major signing reduction than his last offer from the UFC, I also dont see dana offering him an imediate title shot but rather a shot against a top contender.

I think it really depends on if Fedor and his management want to sign a slightly worse contract offer, which I could see them doing if Fedor wants to prove hes the best in the HW division again, as the best are in the UFC.

I think you're partly right on this....They're going to try and sign him. No matter what. Hands down. This is Dana's chance he's been waiting for. IMO Dana has been hoping that Fedor loses to someone, anyone, so that he can throw those same numbers and co-promo's at him to bring him in. He's not going to lower his price tag for Fedor. Think about it. Everyone is the MMA world, almost everyone, sees this as a disappointing loss for Fedor. Look at his placement in other websites rankings...he's dropped tremendously. That's going to be taken into account by other promotions and may drop they're price tag on him. This is Dana's chance to throw a crazy number and promo's and cuts of PPV buys at him and get him to sign. And he will definitely get an immediate title shot! One loss isn't going to stop that. Not even two. He is Fedor Emelianenko! The greatest heavyweight of all time and the king of the division the past 7 years. The buys that would generate now that the average fan knows his name would be ridiculous! You are right about it being on him and his management though. Obviously it's up to them to decide where to go after SF and the UFC makes the most sense, unless Fedor doesn't think he can beat Brock or Cain or Shane, etc. Again, this will be the greatest chance Dana has to get him and I think he is going to pull out all the stops to get him where he belongs.

Post #6   7/1/10 5:05:19AM   

DJSyko

MMA Regular

DJSyko Avatar

Career:1,231-718
Chips:
quote me now, Fedor will be fighting in the UFC by next year, he has 1 fight left on his strikeforce contract and his M-1 contract as far as i am aware. he will still make big noise in the UFC i dont care what anyone says and will still be a top 10 maybe even top 5 draw for them.

Post #7   7/1/10 8:48:51AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,394-1,281
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I think fedor asking price just dropped alot

Post #8   7/1/10 9:48:00AM   

Aether

Heavyweight Champ

Aether Avatar

Career:946-505
Chips:
I think it's more likely than it was, but I still think it's unlikely. His price has gone down, but M-1 is still run by a bunch of nutcases and they probably don't see things the way the rest of the world does. Dana also can't stop talking **** about Fedor, and he seems to be a rare kind of person who will turn down a better deal because he just doesn't respect the person who is offering it to him.

I still hope it will happen, but it's a very small hope that I keep contained. I've had my hopes dashed too many times when it seemed far more likely that he would sign with the UFC than it does now.

Post #9   7/2/10 1:13:38AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,000-1,115
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
again, it's not really fedor making the final decisions on his salary and purse options, it's m-1 global. Based on that, i'm gonna say no. I'm pretty sure they'll wanna stand firm on their demands and what not, which is yes pretty stupid. I just don't think we'll ever see fedor in the UFC, i wouldn't mind it, but i don't think it's happening

Post #10   7/2/10 1:34:15PM   

flyingknee85

Learning to Sprawl

Career:97-80
Chips:
fedors stock dropped drastically after that fight, he looked like a novice flapping around trying to finish and he got caught like a novice would too. If he loses again in his next fight then dana won't need to sign him to prove he has the best guys. Dont get me wrong i like fedor but he looks to me like he could be the next chuck liddel

Post #11   7/3/10 8:53:04PM   

hammerhead1

MMA Regular

hammerhead1 Avatar

Career:1,404-1,021
Chips:
i sure hope he does

Post #12   7/5/10 12:12:25PM   

prie5t

Learning to Sprawl

prie5t Avatar

Career:849-453
Chips:
He'd give him a contract but it'll be a hell of a lot lighter than prior to the Werdum fight. Fedor's been knocked off his pedestal and been made to look mortal, Also the fact Zuffa can claim that he was knocked off by a UFC washout has also removed a zero or two of the previous offers.

And co-promotion if it wasn't before it certainly looks laughable now.

Post #13   7/8/10 4:47:39PM