Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Fedor is still top of the list....

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Taylor8766

Belt Contender

Taylor8766 Avatar

Career:740-512
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
Okay Fedor lost, big deal!!!!! If you fight in this game long enough your going to eventually get caught, it doesnt matter who you are or how amazing of a fighter you are, you will eventually get caught. GSP, Anderson Silva, BJ Penn, Couture they have all been caught and yet are still considered the top of the food chain. So stop demoralizing Fedor for a loss, there already talking about a rematch with Werdum instead of Werdum-Overeem, because they know Werdum got some what lucky. Personally I think Fedor will fight Big Silva next and Werdum-Overeem will fight.

Its not like Fedor got absouletly smashed in this fight he dropped Werdum and made a crucial mistake in going in for the kill when Werdum wasnt hurt, maybe he didnt respect Werdums BJJ as much as he should have, but nonetheless he got caught in a simple submission.

Ive already heard people on the forums saying how Fedor is over the hill because of the loss, and how hes not a top level HW anymore, I mean come on guys Fedor is the most dominant and destructive HW of all time, and considered by at least half of the MMA fans as being one of the best fighters of all time, and after one loss you mean to tell me hes over the hill and doesnt have what it takes no more/

IMO hes still the best HW in the world and all you have to do is look at Overeems reaction after the fight, he wasnt too impressed he definetly wants Fedor, maybe if it was a more convincing win for Werdum it would have been different, but he got him in a lucky submission all because Fedor made a stupid mistake.

I just hate when people rag on fighters for losing and saying that there over the hill and all that bullshit, I mean did these guys even watch the fight because Fedor looked good up until made a mistake, it just pisses me off when Fedor is still clearly a top P4P fighter and still a top HW.

Post #1   6/27/10 4:09:49PM   

TheGodfather1024

MMA Regular

TheGodfather1024 Avatar

Career:199-119
Chips:
I agree i don't have Werdum over Fedor.....9 times out of 10 Fedor wins this time he lost, he dropped werdum got thought he was more hurt than he was and got caught

Post #2   6/27/10 4:45:06PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
I think Werdum was the one who got caught was knocked down regained his senses and Submitted a guy who left his arm between a BJJ champs legs. That the way I saw it.

Post #3   6/27/10 4:51:31PM   

Pskinner_mma314

In Full Mount

Pskinner_mma314 Avatar

Career:191-166
Chips:
i'm not sayin he is over the hill, but werdum is no variation of lucky.........why is it that when a great fighter, boxer, football team, pretty much any sports team loses to someone noone saw coming all of a sudden its luck........

luck is word used to describe anothers accomplishments to validate their own mediocrity

fedors not done, i'm glad he lost, i'm glad the world finally sees he's not bulletproof, cuz that was the general consensus ever since he didnt sign with the UFC..........where i think he would do very well, but i dont think any of his last 4 fights have validated sayin he is the best out there today, 3 of his last 4 were UFC pink slips and he lost to 1 of them.

i think this loss is gonna make him more dangerous than he's ever been, and to be honest, i dont think he'll lose again

Post #4   6/27/10 5:02:33PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
People really need to start giving Werdum some kind of credit. I haven't read one thread yet where people are actually congratulating him and leaving it at that. Its all been about Fedor one way or another.

Werdum wasn't rocked, he was backing up and tripped, mmamania, cagepotato and weeky all say the same and its clear to see when you watch the fight he wasn't rocked or dazed.
People need to stop down playing the mans victory and start talking about how well he did. He just beat arguably the best HW in MMA and everyone is saying "it wont happen again" or "He got lucky".
Long story short Fedor was caught in a slick triangle for a legit top 10 fighter, no excuses, no lucky sub, just a tight triangle from a well deserving opponent.

I don't think Fedor is over the hill at all and he is still without doubt a top contender but he was submitted by a BJJ blackbelt! Anyone saying it was lucky is deluding themselves.

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular but people need to let go of the guys balls and give Werdum the credit he deserves after dethroning one of MMA's greatest fighters.

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #5   6/27/10 5:40:52PM   

soundboy1

Standup Guy

soundboy1 Avatar

Career:521-395
Chips:
He myst have overlooked Werdum. As a fan I certainly did. And what I noticed was that before the fight Fedor actually looked nervous and aware that he was about to fight a dude in fromt of milions of people....Never saw him like that..

Post #6   6/27/10 6:06:26PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

People really need to start giving Werdum some kind of credit. I haven't read one thread yet where people are actually congratulating him and leaving it at that. Its all been about Fedor one way or another.

Werdum wasn't rocked, he was backing up and tripped, mmamania, cagepotato and weeky all say the same and its clear to see when you watch the fight he wasn't rocked or dazed.
People need to stop down playing the mans victory and start talking about how well he did. He just beat arguably the best HW in MMA and everyone is saying "it wont happen again" or "He got lucky".
Long story short Fedor was caught in a slick triangle for a legit top 10 fighter, no excuses, no lucky sub, just a tight triangle from a well deserving opponent.

I don't think Fedor is over the hill at all and he is still without doubt a top contender but he was submitted by a BJJ blackbelt! Anyone saying it was lucky is deluding themselves.

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular but people need to let go of the guys balls and give Werdum the credit he deserves after dethroning one of MMA's greatest fighters.

This

Post #7   6/27/10 6:16:05PM   

RyanC

MMA Sensei

RyanC Avatar

Career:472-317
Camp: Journalistas
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Props to you sir. I've been thinking the same thing today, but just didn't have the energy to articulate it, and you have said it perfectly. Well done.

Post #8   6/27/10 6:36:25PM   

TheGodfather1024

MMA Regular

TheGodfather1024 Avatar

Career:199-119
Chips:
I do not think at all Werdum got lucky, I still don't have him over Fedor though

Post #9   6/27/10 7:06:21PM   

PABLOMAFIOSO

In Full Mount

PABLOMAFIOSO Avatar

Career:979-657
Chips:
I thought Werdum would get smashed in this fight. I was definitely surprised when Werdum locked in the sub so early. But when you are fighting a BJJ blackbelt at world championship level there is always a realistic chance. I bet not many people predicted the way the Chael Sonnen/Demian Maia fight went down. It could happen to anyone at the top. It would be a totally different fight if they fought a rematch. Look at what happened to Frank Mir the second time round! Fedor is still one of the best at HW (even though I wish he would give LHW a go).

Post #10   6/27/10 7:44:37PM   

ChokeUout

In Full Mount

ChokeUout Avatar

Career:446-268
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Summed up everything perfectly.

Yeah, Fedor is still a top heavyweight. However, whether you argue he should or shouldn't be, on every credible mma site this week Brock Lesnar will be the top ranked heavyweight in the world, unless they wait until after the carwin lesnar fight to rank it.

He's still a legend. He could lose 10 more in a row and he'd still be a legend. However, on this night Werdum was the better fighter. You can't say it's luck...The guy is a BJJ world Champion who has tens of thousands of hours of practice at his game. He did what he said he would do; Submit Fedor.

I think alot of this reaction is everyone still being in shock that he lost. Sooner or later people will come to peace with it and Give Werdum his credit. Hell, by the time 2010 is over that'll probably get submission of the year. In fact I don't see how it couldn't.

OH YEAH....

"maybe if it was a more convincing win for Werdum it would have been different,"....

If making someone tap out due to a double submission hold within a minute and ten seconds isn't "convincing" enough for you, then you are a very difficult fan to please, sir.

Last edited 6/27/10 9:46PM server time by ChokeUout
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #11   6/27/10 9:39:30PM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I really do think people overlooked Werdum in this fight. But, fans can never look into the minds of fighters, and no one knew that Fedor would dive into Werdum's guard. Nonetheless, Fedor did what he did and he paid the price. It happens, Fedor will work on his guard defense in order to perfect his gnp. You must lose in order to become a better fighter.

Post #12   6/27/10 10:45:36PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,491-1,816
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:
I thought Werdum would win this fight, he showed he is one of the best in the world,if the rematched, I would pick Werdum again. He is skilled off his back and would sub Fedor again IMO. Though I know they had a falling out, I would love to see Fabricio back in the UFC.

Post #13   6/27/10 10:52:46PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by SmileR

This

Give Matt Serra credit too.

Post #14   6/28/10 6:28:25AM   

placente

MMA Regular

placente Avatar

Career:90-62
Camp: Punishment Athletics
Chips:
even the best make mistakes, why cant fedor make one? he is human isn't he?

Post #15   6/29/10 11:53:11AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2