Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

World Cup Needs Replay!

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by marcoDGK

You wouldn't have epic things like France making to the world cup this year by robbing the Irish. Things that happen like that just make the sport more exciting and create rivals.

As a France football supporter (probably the only one on this forum), I wish replay HAD kept us out of the Cup. That was a f*cking embarrassment. I'm sure that after the loss to Ghana Landon Donovan said something like "at least we aren't the French" to Team USA. Way to go, France. Everyone already thinks you quit and surrender, way to shed that one. I'm pissed...rant over.

Post #31   6/30/10 4:21:32PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by marcoDGK

You wouldn't have epic things like France making to the world cup this year by robbing the Irish. Things that happen like that just make the sport more exciting and create rivals.

As a France football supporter (probably the only one on this forum), I wish replay HAD kept us out of the Cup. That was a f*cking embarrassment. I'm sure that after the loss to Ghana Landon Donovan said something like "at least we aren't the French" to Team USA. Way to go, France. Everyone already thinks you quit and surrender, way to shed that one. I'm pissed...rant over.

Imagine how Ireland feels.

Post #32   6/30/10 6:21:28PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by marcoDGK

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by marcoDGK

Imagine how Ireland feels.

Imagine how bad I feel for Ireland. I would have them rather just gone in our stead. At least they wanted to play.

Post #33   6/30/10 6:23:48PM   

prie5t

Learning to Sprawl

prie5t Avatar

Career:849-453
Chips:

Posted by marcoDGK

also, the time never stops in soccer. that is why they have the added time at the end of each half. They won't be able to stop the time to stare at a replay... they would have to alter the rules.

Replays are dumb. You wouldn't have amazing life changing plays like "la mano de Dios" (aka the hand of God) by Maradroga (maradona) and the same thing done by Messi. You wouldn't have epic things like France making to the world cup this year by robbing the Irish. Things that happen like that just make the sport more exciting and create rivals.

Get over the replay thing. Just play. If it was ment to be you will score a goal again or a PK call on a different play. haha my opinion.

That fact is most of this stuff can be done on the fly you have a official in a booth watching the match a quick rewind and you done, its in it's out it's a penalty it's not. your talking seconds to clarify a decision the tech is there but Blatter and the good ole boys club refuse to move forward.

All these plays you've mentioned are cheating nothing less and certainly nothing to be proud of. There black eyes on the sport, they make great debatable talking points but that doesn't mean they should happen.Maybe it's just me but i'd rather lose honest than win dirty.

The dissallowed goal was due to bad officiating not due to either team cheating. Maybe England still get slaughtered maybe they come back for an epic win we'll never know but we now have the technology to prevent this from happening there's no reason as to why it shouldn't be used.

Post #34   7/8/10 4:38:44PM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:

Posted by prie5t

Posted by marcoDGK

also, the time never stops in soccer. that is why they have the added time at the end of each half. They won't be able to stop the time to stare at a replay... they would have to alter the rules.

Replays are dumb. You wouldn't have amazing life changing plays like "la mano de Dios" (aka the hand of God) by Maradroga (maradona) and the same thing done by Messi. You wouldn't have epic things like France making to the world cup this year by robbing the Irish. Things that happen like that just make the sport more exciting and create rivals.

Get over the replay thing. Just play. If it was ment to be you will score a goal again or a PK call on a different play. haha my opinion.

That fact is most of this stuff can be done on the fly you have a official in a booth watching the match a quick rewind and you done, its in it's out it's a penalty it's not. your talking seconds to clarify a decision the tech is there but Blatter and the good ole boys club refuse to move forward.

All these plays you've mentioned are cheating nothing less and certainly nothing to be proud of. There black eyes on the sport, they make great debatable talking points but that doesn't mean they should happen.Maybe it's just me but i'd rather lose honest than win dirty.

The dissallowed goal was due to bad officiating not due to either team cheating. Maybe England still get slaughtered maybe they come back for an epic win we'll never know but we now have the technology to prevent this from happening there's no reason as to why it shouldn't be used.

Tell that to all the guys that drop face in the box to get the PK. It's the way the sport is played. It's tradition. American Football is annoying for the replays. They go back and have to prove "without a reasonable doubt that it was fair or foul" what effing ever! A line judge behind the goal on each side is more than enough. if we are going to add technology why don't we just move the ref off the field and have someone just watching from a TV... they do get in the way from time to time. Adding replays would force them to add new rules and slow down the game. more technology isn't always the answer. Human error makes things exciting.

Post #35   7/8/10 7:05:55PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3