Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Wow. Fedor loses.

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by Aether

Posted by emfleek

Werdum gets 11 points on MMAPlayground

13 points for the underdog bonus

Fleek just got caught in an Aether triangle.

Post #46   6/27/10 1:39:15AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
I wonder if the Emelienenko's are a little pissed that they both lost the same way. That deserves some extra cool points for Werdum. He beat both of them via arm-triangle.

Post #47   6/27/10 1:42:06AM   

sbulldavid

Heavyweight Champ

sbulldavid Avatar

Career:1,378-801
Camp: Playground Legends
Chips:
That was not an arm triangle, that was a triangle armbar, big difference.

Post #48   6/27/10 2:09:13AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:
I realize that. Was sort of a dumb analogy. I feel dumb for having even posted it. I was more or less going for the triangle aspect. There wasn't much I could do after I had posted it, though. I'm not going to erase it because a) I can't, and b) I made the statement.

a more appropriate statement would have been: "I wonder if the Emelianenko brothers are pissed that they both lost to triangle variations.

Last edited 6/27/10 2:17AM server time by blueskiesburn
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #49   6/27/10 2:14:57AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,352-1,258
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Sub of the year
I knew it was over once werdum got the triangle

Dana and ufc may be popping champagne bottles somewhere

Fedor vs big foot now

Post #50   6/27/10 2:54:41AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:

Posted by tcunningham

i firmly believe that fedor made a mistake by following werdum to the ground. he played right into his game. it sucks , i really wanted to see alistair vs fedor. damn.

don't worry you'll see it on cbs soon.

Post #51   6/27/10 3:53:36AM   

ChrisSabal

Go Cubs Go!

ChrisSabal Avatar

Career:745-533
Camp: TKO
Chips:
I saw this happening. I had this gut feeling before the fight Fedor was going to lose. I certainly knew it wasn't going to be a KO on Fedor. I was thinking TKO or submission obviously. When he started getting sloppy I knew it was going to be over for him. I still can't get the fact out of my head that he lost. Hmm oh well looks like I am going to have to deal with it.

Post #52   6/27/10 4:24:27AM   

marcoDGK

Standup Guy

marcoDGK Avatar

Career:317-259
Camp: DGK
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Wand_is_GOD

So whose next for fedor? Bobby Lashley LOL ('')

In Strikeforce, a loss means you're the #1 contender for the title.

haha! too funny!

Post #53   6/27/10 4:25:46AM   

BustedKnuckle

MMA Sensei

BustedKnuckle Avatar

Career:659-381
Chips:
What can you say....he got beat by overpersuing and trapped in a triangble/armbar one of the best BJJ HW in the game. I think Werdum was playing possum a bit when he went down. But there is nothing wrong with that. Fedor was doing the right things to get out of the hold, but Werdum had a boa like grip on him and wasn't letting him go. I have to admit, I was kinda glad to see him lose....don't know why?. Maybe because it could open up a door to the UFC?? Either way Fedor is still a very dangerous fighter and this loss does nothing to taint his previous crushings of other fighters.

Last edited 6/27/10 10:20AM server time by bustedknuckle

Post #54   6/27/10 10:19:59AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I am surprised so many people are shocked by this loss. As soon as I saw Fedor chase Werdum down, I knew he was going to lose. Such a stupid move on his part. I acknowledge Fedor is an amazing fighter, but becoming shocked when a slick BJJ expert locks in what he does best?

I also agree with Bustedknuckle, I was kind of glad to see Fedor dethroned. It was getting really tiresome listening to people talk him up like he was the immaculate one of MMA.

Last edited 6/27/10 12:19PM server time by warglory

Post #55   6/27/10 12:17:56PM   

deezyo

MMA Regular

deezyo Avatar

Career:979-773
Camp: C.O.B.
Chips:
the fact that dana made tapout cut ties with him the day before the fight might have played a part in bothering him mentally. dana knew what he was doing!

Post #56   6/27/10 1:39:42PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by deezyo

the fact that dana made tapout cut ties with him the day before the fight might have played a part in bothering him mentally. dana knew what he was doing!

Post #57   6/27/10 3:32:24PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,932-1,089
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by Aether

I'm kind of glad honestly. I don't feel like he was beat in the sense that he was outskilled, I think he made a mistake and a game opponent capitalized on it. Fedor probably thought Werdum was hurt more badly than he was and that he could just finish him with some hammer fists.

The reason I'm glad is I still think Fedor is clearly a top fighter, and that there's a possibility that this could get him into the UFC. His pricetag has dropped quite a bit. I can still dream.

about sums it up for me. I would still expect Fedor to beat Lesnar, Carwin and Velazquez the majority of the time, but he lost cleanly. I think he thought Werdum was more rocked than he was, pounced wildly, and Werdum was a more aware than he expected. Considering how long he stayed in Nogs gurad, pounding him while slipping sub attempt after sub attempt, I guess he thought he could do the same here maybe. Werdum is a 2 time abu-dhabi HVYweight champ though ,and I think most believe him clearly better than Nog off his back. Here's to hoping M-1 sees they have lost leverage and come to a deal with the UFC. No offense to Werdum.but seeing him back in the UFC doesn't excite me. Any of the 3 against Fedor would be a dream match for me though. So while I think it only fair to drop Fedor from #1 to # 4 on my rankings I still believe he's the best , but I can't know unless he beats the other guys I now feel it logical to rank ahead of him. Props to Werdum for being a skilled cool headed pro and capitalizing.

Last edited 6/27/10 5:27PM server time by hippysmacker

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #58   6/27/10 5:25:05PM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

Posted by Aether

I'm kind of glad honestly. I don't feel like he was beat in the sense that he was outskilled, I think he made a mistake and a game opponent capitalized on it. Fedor probably thought Werdum was hurt more badly than he was and that he could just finish him with some hammer fists.

The reason I'm glad is I still think Fedor is clearly a top fighter, and that there's a possibility that this could get him into the UFC. His pricetag has dropped quite a bit. I can still dream.

about sums it up for me. I would still expect Fedor to beat Lesnar, Carwin and Velazquez the majority of the time, but he lost cleanly. I think he thought Werdum was more rocked than he was, pounced wildly, and Werdum was a more aware than he expected. Considering how long he stayed in Nogs gurad, pounding him while slipping sub attempt after sub attempt, I guess he thought he could do the same here maybe. Werdum is a 2 time abu-dhabi HVYweight champ though ,and I think most believe him clearly better than Nog off his back. Here's to hoping M-1 sees they have lost leverage and come to a deal with the UFC. No offense to Werdum.but seeing him back in the UFC doesn't excite me. Any of the 3 against Fedor would be a dream match for me though. So while I think it only fair to drop Fedor from #1 to # 4 on my rankings I still believe he's the best , but I can't know unless he beats the other guys I now feel it logical to rank ahead of him. Props to Werdum for being a skilled cool headed pro and capitalizing.

I dropped him to four as well.

Post #59   6/27/10 5:36:37PM   

bjj1605

Heavyweight Champ

bjj1605 Avatar

Career:1,500-882
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by juggernautakira

Do I see it happening again? No. Werdum just got a lucky sub. However, Fedor needed this. In his last interviews, I have picked up on an narcissistic attitude and almost God like. Now that hes humbled, maybe hed start opening up his eyes a bit more on subjects.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I literally want to crawl through my computer and pull you out the other side to make you kneel before Fedor.

Nah, but seriously. Narcissistic? This guy is as humble as they come.

Also, luck sub? That's an oxy moron if I've ever heard one. I can sort of understand the term lucky punch, but lucky sub? It takes a very deliberate set of movements to submit someone. And what you're essentially doing when you tap someone is making them admit "You have place me in a position where my only options are to go unconscious, face the potential that you will maim/injury me/ or cry uncle in front of millions of people" (or dozens in SF's case.)

Post #60   6/27/10 7:38:02PM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5