Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

UFC Threatened TapouT With Lifetime Ban Over Fedor Shirts

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

CHOMTOM

Learning to Sprawl

CHOMTOM Avatar

Career:623-353
Chips:
Well I guess they will use this as there new and exciting excuse for why fedor ducks fights!

I'm happy he got beat in like one minute tonight, he's a lot of hype, and even do he has a mad record and some great fights, the internet totally over rates him and he would loose to a number of guys in the UFC!
M-1 know this and thats why they bitched out of signing last summer!

Post #31   6/27/10 12:07:40AM   

Wolf

MMA Regular

Wolf Avatar

Career:378-248
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:

Posted by CHOMTOM

Well I guess they will use this as there new and exciting excuse for why fedor ducks fights!

I'm happy he got beat in like one minute tonight, he's a lot of hype, and even do he has a mad record and some great fights, the internet totally over rates him and he would loose to a number of guys in the UFC!
M-1 know this and thats why they bitched out of signing last summer!

He got overconfident in his escape ability because he hasn't faced a sub phenom like that since Nog. Won't happen again. I'm one who also thinks he's got a good shot at losing against the heavy hitters in the UFC, but if Werdum gets the rematch he asked for Fedor will crush him like he almost did at the start of this fight.

Post #32   6/27/10 12:34:41AM   

IowaWrestling

Learning to Sprawl

Career:116-80
Camp: Iowa MMA
Chips:
as for buisness it is a great move, just sucks for us and Fedor.

Post #33   6/27/10 2:07:46PM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
"IF" this were true, weather any of us like it or not, it is ultimately a power play on Dana's part. The UFC is the biggest stage for MMA and I'm sure if this is true, dana was probably 99.9 percent sure that when given the ultimatum to stop production of the Fedor shirt or lose their concession rights to the UFC's fighters and the largest MMA programing out there, that they would side with the UFC. Business wise this is a very good and strong move. Dana doesn't want strikeforce to prevail let alone M-1 Global, so if you can strong arm a production company that would gross money for one or both of those companies, then why wouldn't he try this move??

Personally I am more concerned for the UFC fighters that have Tapout as a sponser. We all know that the UFC's pay acale isn't the greatest, unless you have or have had a belt or contendership status. So, sponsers are the ones that truely keep fighters a float in MMA and threatning to take away one of the biggest sponsors out there, could potentially be devistating to some fighters abilities to afford to stay in the sport. Plus all the gear they get to use to train with and so on. I would atleast hope if Dana did this he would have some other form of sponsorship lined up for the UFC's fighters. Just my thoughts anyways

Post #34   6/28/10 12:45:23AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3