Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Dana White on GSP-Silva: 'I Guess I'm Gonna Have to Do It'

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Bloodhound

Standup Guy

Bloodhound Avatar

Career:1,054-599
Chips:
I think this would be a pretty competitive fight Silva can out-strike GSP but GSP is no joke in the stand up game but I can see alot of GSP clinching and taking Silva down...would be itneresting to see GSP's top game vs Silva's bottom game. If the fight happens i say a 180 catchweight

Post #31   6/23/10 1:35:19AM   

BlueSkiesBurn

USCFootball.com

BlueSkiesBurn Avatar

Career:534-389
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

i get that theres always the danger of one of them losing when they fight, the thing is in this fight one is guaranteed to lose.

im not saying it wouldnt sell, it would. its just that when you have 2 guys that are that dominant they can both sell PPV buys separately. looking back though, anderson hasnt really been a top draw like GSP, randy, chuck, etc., and a PPV against GSP would almost definitely have a bigger buy rate than any fight hes been in before. i guess what im saying is that its easier as a fan to see how much sense it makes than it does as the president of a company that stands to lose luster on one of his top two dogs, even though both guys will still be considered great afterwards anyway. i can see why dana is hesitant to make it happen, but he does surely still stand to make a boatload of cash on the fight if/when it happens.

part of me also thinks dana doesnt want to see GSP lose to anderson because he doesnt know how long silva wants to keep doing this and it doesnt seem that GSP is thinking about walking away anytime soon so hed like to keep the flies off long term guy.

I totally see your point. I guess what I am saying is that if you've got the opportunity to have the best fight the best, I think that this is something that GSP and Anderson should want to determine how great they will be in the annals of MMA. Now, that being said, if either GSP or Anderson don't want to take this fight or can't agree on the terms, then to hell with the fans. Dana has to protect his investments. If it's something they both want to see how good they actually are, I say give them and us what we want. Don't JUST do it for us.

Post #32   6/23/10 5:32:31AM   

icantthinkofanything

MMA Sensei

icantthinkofanything Avatar

Career:911-636
Camp: 360 Mafia
Chips:
a catchweight at 180 is the only fair solution imo.

Post #33   6/23/10 9:19:49AM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Anderson doesn't draw well, maybe a win over GSP would help him in that regard. GSP losing wouldn't effect his drawing power at all IMO because people should be smart enough to figure out that Anderson is a weight class higher and a very skilled fighter.

Post #34   6/23/10 10:53:35AM   

submissionartist1

KING of the COMPOUND

submissionartist1 Avatar

Career:490-392
Camp: HighKicksRUs
Chips:
way to ruin good fighters dana. gsp doest need a loss in a weightclass he dosent belong in. who cares what the fans want

Post #35   6/23/10 11:37:17AM   

fullfighting

MMA Regular

fullfighting Avatar

Career:151-94
Chips:
Id rather see A. Silva vs. Shogun Rua

Post #36   6/23/10 4:17:30PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3